Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Warnock leaving QPR!

Thu May 26, 2011 5:48 am

SO I've heard - in favour of Ancellotti!

So get in there Cardiff....... ;)

Re: Warnock leaving QPR!

Thu May 26, 2011 5:49 am

Merlin wrote:SO I've heard - in favour of Ancellotti!

So get in there Cardiff....... ;)

Yes come on the Malaysians, Action :ayatollah:

Thu May 26, 2011 5:52 am

Where has this come from?

Thu May 26, 2011 5:57 am

Let's see what Stan comes up with?

Annis, get Carl to email tg ffs! Lol and make him aware of NW possible availability! A 7 times championship promotion manager!
:ayatollah:

Thu May 26, 2011 5:59 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Where has this come from?

Loftus Rd ;)

Thu May 26, 2011 5:59 am

Merlin wrote:Let's see what Stan comes up with?

Annis, get Carl to email tg ffs! Lol and make him aware of NW possible availability! A 7 times championship promotion manager!
:ayatollah:

Carl has about many things and rung TG twice :ayatollah:

Thu May 26, 2011 6:04 am

It's all over talk sport now.....

Thu May 26, 2011 10:25 am

It`s a simple formula in my thoughts,if it is true about Warnock,I`ll wait to hear what Stan says on the matter.
Jones = relegation
Warnock = promotion
reasons = Jones has lost the dressing room he will get no funding and the longer this mess continues any players available such as earnie will have moved on to other clubs.The fans will start voting with their feet as well.
Warnock weither you like him or not is a winner,great motivator and tactian.He will attract good players even if we are short of funds.If Bellars wants to play for free (see the echo) then we will bring in the fans again and there will be a new lease of life,a fresh start,morale will be high.
To pay off Jones will cost but the long term financial benifits could be great.To do nothing may see City fall back to the bad old days.There will never be an important decision like this one and it needs to be made before it is too late.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 26, 2011 10:46 am

It will be Ancelotti to QPR and Warnock to West Ham with DJ overlooked.

They will not be able to offload DJ in order to approach Warnock

Thu May 26, 2011 10:49 am

Please be true!! TG and VT need to act as soon as he becomes available just to make sure no one else gets him

Thu May 26, 2011 10:49 am

Personally i don't like Warnock i think he's a pillock but i wouldn't care if we had Pol Pot as Manager and Colonel Ghaddaffi as Assistant Manager if they won us promotion :D

So go and get Warnock now before West Ham snap him up :o

Thu May 26, 2011 11:14 am

1/ Warnock put QPRs team together for a very modest price and they ran away with this division. So in them terms it pales into insignificance on what Jones spent on wages

2/ Warnock has always praised our support (Ten fold more than Jones ever did) and stated he loved coming over to this part of the world.

3/ Warnock has a very good history of getting Championship sides promoted

4/ Sack Dave Jones and pay him off !! Nah put him on gardening leave it will then be a long time in hell before any other team consider him. 800.000 He isnt worth half that and deep down he knows it. If he was other teams would of paid him his worth (WBA) but they didn't, the only team to pay him that is us. Now that is the directors fault past and present so instead of punishing us the supporters sort this mess out and run our Club properly. This even with the Malaysians is still not happening due to people not knowing there Jobs. Would you hire a Spark as a Estate agent ? No you wouldn't, but we have Gethin Jenkins in a Job he knows shit all about, we have an overpaid Manager who don't know how to get us over the finishing line. And we have owners who know shit all about Football.

Thu May 26, 2011 11:17 am

Well I must say its a very worrying situation.

As you know I said 100% Neil Warnock would lead us into the Premier League. Now I'm not even sure he would be here this time next week.

Massive changes at the top & although Warnock deals almost daily with Flavio Briatore & Bernie Ecclestone it was Amit Bhatia & Ishan Saksena whom he had the most time & respect for. Saksena has been sacked and of course Amit has stepped down which leaves Neil Warnock imo in a very precarious position.

We all know of Briatore's dream of 'Boutique' football and what happened when he was calling the shots (sacking 8 managers) I can only see one of 2 things. Flavio & Bernie absolutely back Neil Warnock which would see him stay & guide the team into the Premiership that he has fought tooth & nail for or 2 due to his loyalty to Amit Bhatia he will not fancy Briatore starting his meddling ways again & this could see him depart.

Couple of facts and not necessarily good news for you guys.

Carlo Ancelloti rumour is bullshit. Claudio Ranieri is a lot nearer to the truth & also if he was to depart don't expect to see him in South Wales any time soon. If he was going to drop a level it would be to West Ham due to his home & children's schooling which is massively important to him hence why West Ham are hanging on as they have heard the whispers too of course.

Personally I think if he does walk he will go to the Premiership, his stock has risen massively & he has made no secret of the fact he wants another shot at the Premier League before he retires in 2 years time, I really cannot see him wanting to be involved in another hard slog in the Championship which is arguably a lot harder next season than it was this.

Thu May 26, 2011 11:30 am

Wayne S wrote:It will be Ancelotti to QPR and Warnock to West Ham with DJ overlooked.

And why would warnock go to west ham?

Didnt he slag them to f*** after the whole tevez affair?

Personally dont think he will go there out of principle.

Still dont mean we will get him, but we can all cross our fingers and hope :ayatollah:

Thu May 26, 2011 11:37 am

Stan-QPR wrote:Well I must say its a very worrying situation.

As you know I said 100% Neil Warnock would lead us into the Premier League. Now I'm not even sure he would be here this time next week.

Massive changes at the top & although Warnock deals almost daily with Flavio Briatore & Bernie Ecclestone it was Amit Bhatia & Ishan Saksena whom he had the most time & respect for. Saksena has been sacked and of course Amit has stepped down which leaves Neil Warnock imo in a very precarious position.

We all know of Briatore's dream of 'Boutique' football and what happened when he was calling the shots (sacking 8 managers) I can only see one of 2 things. Flavio & Bernie absolutely back Neil Warnock which would see him stay & guide the team into the Premiership that he has fought tooth & nail for or 2 due to his loyalty to Amit Bhatia he will not fancy Briatore starting his meddling ways again & this could see him depart.

Couple of facts and not necessarily good news for you guys.

Carlo Ancelloti rumour is bullshit. Claudio Ranieri is a lot nearer to the truth & also if he was to depart don't expect to see him in South Wales any time soon. If he was going to drop a level it would be to West Ham due to his home & children's schooling which is massively important to him hence why West Ham are hanging on as they have heard the whispers too of course.

Personally I think if he does walk he will go to the Premiership, his stock has risen massively & he has made no secret of the fact he wants another shot at the Premier League before he retires in 2 years time, I really cannot see him wanting to be involved in another hard slog in the Championship which is arguably a lot harder next season than it was this.

How about this Stan, Rednap to Chelsea, Hughes to Spurs, Warnock to Fulham?

Thu May 26, 2011 11:39 am

ytic wrote:
Wayne S wrote:It will be Ancelotti to QPR and Warnock to West Ham with DJ overlooked.

And why would warnock go to west ham?

Didnt he slag them to f*** after the whole tevez affair?

Personally dont think he will go there out of principle.quote]

Forget that mate its in the past, different WHU owners & 1) He absolutely had to defend his club & 2 WHU fans would expect their own manager to do that so although you will get a small minority not happy with him the vast majority know he will do a good job there.

Thu May 26, 2011 11:40 am

Merlin wrote:It's all over talk sport now.....

So was "Michael Chopra is signing for Ipswich...."

:ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll:

Thu May 26, 2011 11:41 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Well I'm told the Redknapp rumours have legs but not sure Spurs would fancy Sparky personally. Warnock to Fulham? Hmmm they are in Europe so not to sure on that one.

Thu May 26, 2011 11:41 am

Merlin wrote:It's all over talk sport now.....

So was "Michael Chopra is signing for Ipswich...."

:ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll:

Thu May 26, 2011 11:45 am

Stan-QPR wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Well I'm told the Redknapp rumours have legs but not sure Spurs would fancy Sparky personally. Warnock to Fulham? Hmmm they are in Europe so not to sure on that one.

I think Chelsea will go with another foreign manager, Marco Van Basten i think

Thu May 26, 2011 11:50 am

Stan you mention Warnock not wanting move house i thought Warnock owned a property in the west country Plymouth area i beleive, not to long a commute to Cardiff.

Thu May 26, 2011 11:51 am

Stan-QPR wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Hughes being linked with Chelsea too, but I see it much more realistic that Spurs may go for him, if Rednapp was offered the Chelsea job. That being the case, Warnock is on Fulham's doorstep, no upheaval, ideal for Warnock and Fulham. Ranieri seems a shoe in at QPR, now the Italian board at back in charge, which may not be a bad thing, as he has huge experience, IMO, QPR would have a much better chance of doing well in the Premier, with Ranieri at the helm, he's been there and done it.

Thu May 26, 2011 12:07 pm

Ebbw Blue wrote:Stan you mention Warnock not wanting move house i thought Warnock owned a property in the west country Plymouth area i beleive, not to long a commute to Cardiff.

Yea somewhere in Cornwall I believe mate but as I said more to do with his young childrens schooling. Plus Premiership bound if anywhere IF he was to move.

Thu May 26, 2011 2:50 pm

Can't see Hughes going to Spurs tbh he needs another good season or 2 at Fulham to rebuild his repuatation after Man City. Who would SPurs go for though? Not too many names spring to mind

Warnock is being very harshly treated IMHO. The clowns now running QPR seem to think they can do what they like without any consequences , the consequence of getting rid of Warnock will be relegation more than likely.

I'd have him down here like a shot but can't see it happening

Thu May 26, 2011 3:28 pm

Warnock backed by Briatore, according to Sky

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11711_6953373,00.html

Good news for DJ's pursuit of the West Ham job

Thu May 26, 2011 3:34 pm

If this is true we need decisive action fast before west ham get in on the act! I believe warnock is the only candidate the majority of Cardiff fans would be pleased with! We could all unite behind him

Thu May 26, 2011 3:49 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:If this is true we need decisive action fast before west ham get in on the act! I believe warnock is the only candidate the majority of Cardiff fans would be pleased with! We could all unite behind him

It was only 18 months ago, when Warnock was at Crystal palace, in mid table mediocrity, with a team of cloggers, who booted Roger Johnson off the pitch, that the majority of City supporters were calling Warnock a clown and a bully, and the last person they ever want managing their team, how fickle football fans are eh!

Thu May 26, 2011 7:41 pm

Grange_27 wrote:Warnock is being very harshly treated IMHO. The clowns now running QPR seem to think they can do what they like without any consequences , the consequence of getting rid of Warnock will be relegation more than likely.

Couldn't agree more mate.

I can only see tears ahead :cry:

Thu May 26, 2011 7:50 pm

i like warnock. besides his management skills. he likes us city fans. a few times down the ninian park. he was giving us fans in the grandstand stick. we give it back. and he would laugh. at the end clap to the fans in the grandstand. he give and took the banter. nice guy :ayatollah:

Thu May 26, 2011 9:09 pm

dont think ive posted before but il think il start now:L but does anyone else think that west ham would be the last place warnock would go after what happened between him and shefield united and west ham ?