Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rolling contract

Thu May 26, 2011 5:12 am

What doe's this acctually mean i thought that it meant that come june when the players contracts run out so does dave jones contract also run out am i right in thining that

Re: Rolling contract

Thu May 26, 2011 6:23 am

It means that he has a continuing contract that never runs out, unless ccfc or himself gives a 12 months notice, of course, it can be cancelled my mutual consent or for gross misconduct on his part :thumbup:

Thu May 26, 2011 8:23 am

doe's applying for other jobs not be conciderd as grose misconduct

Thu May 26, 2011 8:28 am

You can apply for any job even if you are under conract, but unless you agree with your employers you still have to give notice, so no it does not constitute gross misconduct

Thu May 26, 2011 8:35 am

Igovernor wrote:It means that he has a continuing contract that never runs out, unless ccfc or himself gives a 12 months notice, of course, it can be cancelled my mutual consent or for gross misconduct on his part :thumbup:

hmm that sounds like a Riddler diddler deal all over :lol:

Fri May 27, 2011 1:14 am

Vintage 63 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:It means that he has a continuing contract that never runs out, unless ccfc or himself gives a 12 months notice, of course, it can be cancelled my mutual consent or for gross misconduct on his part :thumbup:

hmm that sounds like a Riddler diddler deal all over :lol:

I've heard of several managers on rolling contracts

Actually I've alwasy thought they were better than standard contracts in that you only ever have to give one years notice.

Standard contracts alway seem to be for three or four years, and often these days they are renegotiated at the end of the first year in the case of a three year contract probably after the first two for a four year contract and then every year, or possibly every two years so you would almost always end up owing a manager 2 or 3 years money

Fri May 27, 2011 10:34 am

It is possible to terminate a rolling contract without notice on the grounds of bad performance. Personally I would say a manager who promised a top 2 finish if he was backed by a £16m wage budjet (nearly a 100% of turnover) and then failed to even reach the play-off final (a backward step on the previous season) would consitute grounds for 'bad performance'

I would tell the scouse tw*t to f**k off and fight it out in court.

Fri May 27, 2011 10:52 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:It is possible to terminate a rolling contract without notice on the grounds of bad performance. Personally I would say a manager who promised a top 2 finish if he was backed by a £16m wage budjet (nearly a 100% of turnover) and then failed to even reach the play-off final (a backward step on the previous season) would consitute grounds for 'bad performance'

I would tell the scouse tw*t to f**k off and fight it out in court.

Or just plant some money on him out of the club shop till :ayatollah: