Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Surely the Malaysians realise..

Wed May 25, 2011 10:35 pm

..that if Jones was incapable of taking us up with this year's team and with the backing he has received this season , then there will be absolutely no chance of him getting us up next season with a limited budget.

I'm struggling to see how they can afford NOT too get rid of Jones.

Why have a resentful manager who knows he's not wanted by a lot of the fans and, if what is said on here is true, not wanted by at least some of the club directors, in charge of a club he clearly has no feelings for and with a ready made excuse when it all goes tits up, (as it inevitably will given Jones' record) next season?

Are they willing to commit to another year of paying the running costs of the club when, if Jones remains, the likelihood of promotion will be much less than it was this year? What is the point of that?

I think they missed a trick when they didn't give him 12 month's notice after the play-off final last year. If we'd been promoted this year, Jones would have been in a great bargaining position for a new contract. If however he dropped a bollock again, as has proven to be the case, they could have waved him a cheery farewell with a smile and a two fingered salute.

The only reason the Malaysians are here I think we'll agree is to reap the benefits of backing a team in the Premier League.

NOT getting rid of Jones NOW would mean at least two more seasons of significant outlay with little chance of any tangible return

And that's without even thinking about PMG. Langston etc!