Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dave Jones has to go!

Wed May 25, 2011 10:20 pm

Surely Dave Jones has to go!I could write an essay with hundreds of points why he should leave but that would take ages.

If this club is to progress he has to leave otherwise this culture within the club of failing at the end of every season will just continue as everyone associated with the club will believe it is the 'dave jones' way of failing every season at Cardiff City.

1 major issue I am worried about though is that we have rugby man, Gethin and the Malaysians deciding on major issues and DJ's future when with all due respect, I know more about football than them. If DJ stays, it has been mentioned on this forum that DJ will get a very basic budget if he stays next season which will leave us mid-table at best as our squad is currently so thin in terms of numbers. But on a positive note we still have Heaton, Quinny, Darcy, Huds, Gerrard, Keinan, Macca, Whitts, the beast and chops who are all quality players on their day. Plus a few others.

I respect the Malaysians fully, they are great people and we should all be very thankful for what they have done but the question is, can they make the right footballing decisions and do they actually know what they are doing?

Also, in my opinion Bellers has to stay next season as he is an ispiration to everyone at this club. We have to do everything we can do keep him. If the Malaysians do not spend big this summer, then number 1 priority in terms of players has to be to try and keep Bellers. Most importantly Bellers wants to stay though, which is great news.

In my opinion if we are to finish in the top 6 next season then:
1. DJ has to leave
2. Experienced new manager in who is very motivational
3. Bellers stays
4. The Malasyians back the new manager maybe not with loads of transfer fee money, but maybe again with wages in terms of to try and get in a just a FEW loans and a lot of quality players on free transfers.

Any thoughts on some of the issues here? :ayatollah: