Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DJ - A PLAYERS VIEW

Wed May 25, 2011 9:45 pm

I today spoke to someone who is very close to one of our top players! I asked him for the players view on DJ and it was good and bad! He said that DJ is excellent one on one and the players by and large respect and like him! However his view was that last summer it was obvious to everyone in the squad that the defense needed strengthening and a lot of the boys were dismayed that he let gerrard leave and only brought in naylor! The player thought it was then obvious we needed to strengthen at the back in January and couldn't believe that we spent most of the transfer window chasing James Vaughan! Whilst he feels Bellamy has been great he feels that we probably would have been stronger if we had used that money on signing two top defenders! Tactically he also felt a lot of the team didn't know their jobs and this resulted in a disjointed side! Whilst he likes dj he feels that this season wasn't his finest moment! Not exactly rocket science but nice to hear that the view within the squad was similar to a lot of fans!

Re: DJ - A PLAYERS VIEW

Wed May 25, 2011 9:55 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:I today spoke to someone who is very close to one of our top players! I asked him for the players view on DJ and it was good and bad! He said that DJ is excellent one on one and the players by and large respect and like him! However his view was that last summer it was obvious to everyone in the squad that the defense needed strengthening and a lot of the boys were dismayed that he let gerrard leave and only brought in naylor! The player thought it was then obvious we needed to strengthen at the back in January and couldn't believe that we spent most of the transfer window chasing James Vaughan! Whilst he feels Bellamy has been great he feels that we probably would have been stronger if we had used that money on signing two top defenders! Tactically he also felt a lot of the team didn't know their jobs and this resulted in a disjointed side! Whilst he likes dj he feels that this season wasn't his finest moment! Not exactly rocket science but nice to hear that the view within the squad was similar to a lot of fans!

If he was slurring his words it could only of been JLS / Chops/ Bywater/ or most of the team :ayatollah:

Wed May 25, 2011 9:56 pm

Thank you for the insight Jimbo :ayatollah:

Wed May 25, 2011 9:58 pm

what player said this? may as well tell us, it'll be all over twitter shortly.

Wed May 25, 2011 10:08 pm

jamesbarnett91 wrote:what player said this? may as well tell us, it'll be all over twitter shortly.

It was .........an unnamed Championship Piss head :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 25, 2011 10:15 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
jamesbarnett91 wrote:what player said this? may as well tell us, it'll be all over twitter shortly.

It was .........an unnamed Championship Piss head :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol:

Wed May 25, 2011 10:20 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:I today spoke to someone who is very close to one of our top players! I asked him for the players view on DJ and it was good and bad! He said that DJ is excellent one on one and the players by and large respect and like him! However his view was that last summer it was obvious to everyone in the squad that the defense needed strengthening and a lot of the boys were dismayed that he let gerrard leave and only brought in naylor! The player thought it was then obvious we needed to strengthen at the back in January and couldn't believe that we spent most of the transfer window chasing James Vaughan! Whilst he feels Bellamy has been great he feels that we probably would have been stronger if we had used that money on signing two top defenders! Tactically he also felt a lot of the team didn't know their jobs and this resulted in a disjointed side! Whilst he likes dj he feels that this season wasn't his finest moment! Not exactly rocket science but nice to hear that the view within the squad was similar to a lot of fans!

If he was slurring his words it could only of been JLS / Chops/ Bywater/ or most of the team :ayatollah:

Fecking hell "nukes you are relentless"
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 25, 2011 10:20 pm

Another player seemed to back that up, saying DJ was too nice and lacked the courage to tell players to do things differently.

Wed May 25, 2011 11:00 pm

Xentol wrote:Another player seemed to back that up, saying DJ was too nice and lacked the courage to tell players to do things differently.

Yes, this player loved DJ and thinks he has been very helpful but at the same time was puzzled by some of the decisions he made this year and thinks that as a manager of a group he didn't really do himself justice ! I know the player would be sad if DJ lost his job but can see why many aernt very happy as the problems seemed so obvious yet were never rectified, and he was given so many opportunities to do so! Why dj was so obsessed with signing attacking players in January was beyond me as well as this player!