Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" THE LATEST ON THE WEST HAM JOB and DAVE JONES " "

Wed May 25, 2011 8:14 pm

Nigel Pearson has turned them down Twice.
Steve Maclaren has turned them down.

Plus another 2, which we will get the names.

DJ was originally No 6 on their list, so has finally moved up in to their Top 2, BUT I WILL REPEAT AGAIN, ONLY DJ's Agent has been doing all the approaching and touting of DJ's, and of course on DJ'S Behalf and has tried to strike a deal for Jones.

Did I ever believe West ham would give Dave Jones the Job, NEVER and I Still Believe the Same.

Jones Refused to Resign.
Says he will leave if paid off in full.
Told Board, he will be staying, unless he is paid off or he gets another Job.
Jones has been told by Malaysians, he wont get their Backing and will get a very Basic Budget to work with after Jones had failed this Season, The Malaysians are Fuming as Jones Said he would Guarantee them Promotion if they Fully backed him.Silence in the Malaysian camp as they are stunned by our failure.

It looks like I was wrong about DJ failure with the Media being able to get him Sacked

I know the Board looked in to it.

I've always said Westham Wont want Dave Jones, I was SHOCKED/STUNNED for DJ to be Associated with such a Club like West ham.

Re: " THE LATEST ON THE WEST HAM JOB and DAVE JONES " "

Wed May 25, 2011 8:17 pm

So Annis when Dave Jones and David Gold says they have had no contact, technically they have not but his agent has.

Wed May 25, 2011 8:18 pm

He will never get the wet ham job why cant they just sack him. :evil: :evil:

Wed May 25, 2011 8:19 pm

carlccfc wrote:So Annis when Dave Jones and David Gold says they have had no contact, technically they have not but his agent has.

Spot on Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 25, 2011 8:21 pm

I don't think that Dave will go to another club, including West Ham.

I now feel that he will be our manager for the opening day of the season.

Wed May 25, 2011 8:23 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I don't think that Dave will go to another club, including West Ham.

I now feel that he will be our manager for the opening day of the season.

I Still Strongly Believe Some how they will get Rid of Him :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 25, 2011 8:25 pm

So does this mean dave jones is going to be our manager next year? Because by reading that it seems as if they are not foing to pay him off.

Wed May 25, 2011 8:27 pm

Any ideas if they've at least handed him his notice, should it come to the worst for another season?

And, if the Malaysians are tightening the purse strings next season, given Dave Jones' relative success of finding gems (yeah, I know, he's had a few bad 'uns) would it be that bad if he were here for another season?

Wed May 25, 2011 8:28 pm

Dave Jones has gone out to 5-1 for west ham's job Chris Hughton has emerged as favourite again with big sam 2nd favourite, and would all of you give away 800,000 just like that no so why should he walk , malaysians are just as much failures as DJ if they wanted promotion as much as they say they do well prove it this summer with some big money signings.

Bring back Earnie

Wed May 25, 2011 8:30 pm

Doesn't sound like gethin jenkins want to get rid of Jones the things hes saying,sooner he goes the better,give new manager plenty of time to rebuild.

Wed May 25, 2011 8:39 pm

If they were going to PAY HIM OFF they would have done it by now.....

There's something going on? but I dont know what.

Wed May 25, 2011 8:41 pm

Look, What I know compared to you guys, you could fit on the back of a postage stamp....but I'll give my opinion....Jones has the trump card, money talks and bullshit walks...cheers Dave...don't let the door hit you on the way out now will you ;) ;)

Wed May 25, 2011 9:03 pm

thought a deal was done? :?: :?:

Wed May 25, 2011 9:12 pm

i think if he was going , he would have gone straight after the humilating reading defeat... He's very cushy with his wages, lifestyle etc... and is not going to just walk away...

I think we are going to end up with him for at least 1 more season.. The time is right for rebuilding, there are some good players available for free, add to that if we could well get a transfer fee for 1 or 2 players i.e. chopra , maybe whitts? We could well get a good squad capable of challenging again...
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 25, 2011 9:12 pm

If DJ's agent is doing all the touting and DJ was number 6 on the list, is it still true that his 500k a year contract was agreed and West ham were going to announce him as manager yesterday until they found out the availability of Warnock?

Personally, I don't blame the Malaysians one bit for holding fire, it's months until the new season begins, so why not wait a few weeks to see if DJ goes for a 300k compensation profit instead of wasting 800K now to get rid. We won't miss out on a good new manager or players if we wait a few weeks. The playoffs are yet to be played and the season has still yet to be finished. Plus the sooner we sign players, the more money we will have to pay on wages during the summer and with the recent news on our debt being even bigger, we simply cannot afford to waste money on wages for no reason!

I honestly believe if Warnock does become available, he will choose us over West Ham because firstly, Gold and Sullivan are slimeballs and I don't see Warnock wanting to work with them; and secondly, he's said numerous times that he loves Cardiff and the fans.

Wed May 25, 2011 9:18 pm

Jones will be our manager next season.

Wed May 25, 2011 9:41 pm

Dave Jones has no Honour. The skin of a Rhino. Listen Dave if you read this just piss off. Sorry Mods :D i should be ok on this as he dosen't post on here !!..............................................Or does he :o :lol: :lol:

Wed May 25, 2011 10:08 pm

Dave Moans and Dai Top Shelf!

Surely a match made in heaven. :lol:

Add to the mix that chubby bird Brady and Mr Gold and what could possibly go wrong?

Make it happen West Ham.

You know you want to.

:ayatollah:

Wed May 25, 2011 11:45 pm

I still don't see why we can't just sack him? Chelsea didn't hang around doing it with Ancelotti

Thu May 26, 2011 5:57 am

Richie wrote:I still don't see why we can't just sack him? Chelsea didn't hang around doing it with Ancelotti

Cos we havnt got the 3 quarters of a million pound to pay him off

Thu May 26, 2011 6:58 am

I think the board need to act sooner rather thasn later and make a decision whether they are going to back or sack the manager. Some previous posts have suggested that we should hold on and wait and see what happens: unfortunately if that occurs we will end up with a very inexperienced and talentless squad.

To go for promotion we need to bring in some decent summer signings. Many clubs are already making moves to bring in players and if Cardiff dont make a move whoever is our manager will have a limited numbers of players to choose from. We have lost a lot of decent players and we need to bring in quite a few not just one or two. :(

Thu May 26, 2011 7:08 am

These things take time but its time we don't have so by next week we should all no if he is staying or going.

You can't blame dj for holding out for his pay off would you walk away from around £800 K NO thought not.

This is not dj's fault its in the hands of the owners to make there mind up on the situation.DJ has lost the confidence of the fans.He hasn't delivered prem football again and although overall dj has been a good manager for us the goal of making the prem with dj is a big fat failure,because of that he has to go.Its all in the hands of the owners to remove him from the club.We wait for news but this could drag on and that brings us problems for next season.Interesting to find out how ambitious the owners are isn't it.

I would like to see Sam hamman back at the club some don't I no but if he isn't involved around the money at the club he is just the motivator that's been missing so bring Sam back in the right roll and we will all be pumped up would love to see him back.

So over to you VT its your call so get it done :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: