Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Malaysians were guaranteed

Wed May 25, 2011 6:39 pm

promotion, so I am told and well believe it. I recall TG saying he did not want to go through the playoffs again after we lost to Blackpool in last years final. Personally I believe he backed this up by allowing DJ to bring in premiership players with the icing on the cake being Bellamy. That does make me believe that he was told promotion would be guaranteed.

So let us stick to this theory then that the Malaysians were told this. My concern here is that did they really really believe it would happen? I mean did they for one moment think it just might go wrong? Well if they did not think it would go wrong then that is a bit naive of them.

I'm just your normal football fan who follows his club adamantly. As most know I was not comfortable with us retaining DJ after the PO final. The arrival of the loanees then Bellamy gave me hope like most of us. However my fears started to rise again around the Norwich home game when we were actually on a good run. Those fears stayed with me right up to the end, even through the other good run before the Boro debacle.

Now with it all over and time to reflect it makes me wonder what the Malaysians were thinking all along. Me, I said we would not do it, Carl said we would, thing is both Carl and I knew either one of us could prove the other wrong. I just wondered if the Malaysians believed that their guarantee could be wrong?

See what I am trying to say here is that do the Malaysians think throwing money at it will give them what they want? If they do then it is very naive of them.

Re: The Malaysians were guaranteed

Wed May 25, 2011 6:43 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:promotion, so I am told and well believe it. I recall TG saying he did not want to go through the playoffs again after we lost to Blackpool in last years final. Personally I believe he backed this up by allowing DJ to bring in premiership players with the icing on the cake being Bellamy. That does make me believe that he was told promotion would be guaranteed.

So let us stick to this theory then that the Malaysians were told this. My concern here is that did they really really believe it would happen? I mean did they for one moment think it just might go wrong? Well if they did not think it would go wrong then that is a bit naive of them.

I'm just your normal football fan who follows his club adamantly. As most know I was not comfortable with us retaining DJ after the PO final. The arrival of the loanees then Bellamy gave me hope like most of us. However my fears started to rise again around the Norwich home game when we were actually on a good run. Those fears stayed with me right up to the end, even through the other good run before the Boro debacle.

Now with it all over and time to reflect it makes me wonder what the Malaysians were thinking all along. Me, I said we would not do it, Carl said we would, thing is both Carl and I knew either one of us could prove the other wrong. I just wondered if the Malaysians believed that their guarantee could be wrong?

See what I am trying to say here is that do the Malaysians think throwing money at it will give them what they want? If they do then it is very naive of them.

I don't think Carl ever had a chance of being right on that one - with DJ in charge, we NEVER had a chance of getting up!