Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: I FIND IT FUNNY

Wed May 25, 2011 1:11 pm

Feedback wrote:
Daya wrote:DECIMATED ? f**k ME IT WENT TO THE TOP OF THE TABLE THE NEXT SEASON!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So lets get this right - 3.6 mill profit , then to the top of the f*cking table !!!

Then straight back to mid table mediocrity. hardly a ringing endorsement of selling your best players.

urrghhh and who was running the show then?

Wed May 25, 2011 1:14 pm

Feedback wrote:Gwyn

from all of what you have written above I asssume you mean that because some people, on this board and others, do not wish to see Hammam back that they belevie his entire tenure was a failure. I am unsure how you come to that conclusion. no one is denying that Hammam took an interest when no one else would. however, that does not eman that no one else would never have done so either (look at Burnley, Swansea, Hull, Plymouth). Likewise, others are not so much ignoring the fact we had two promotions under Hammam, but are questioning (i) Hammam's ability to be truthful with the fans (ii) Hammam's ability to use his own money rather than spend someone else's and (iii) queestioning Hammam's ability to identify a decent football manager. our best manager in years was appointed by Ridsdale. Hammam appointed Cork, Gould and Lawrence.

During Hammam's tenure the sun did not shine every day, all others are doing by posting is providing a bit of counter weight to the belief by some, yourself included, that Hammam is the panacea for all CCFC ills. Hammam is not, history has shown that you do not need a Hammam type person at a football club to achieve promotion from the dungeon to the Championship or from the Championship to the Premier League. History also shows us that you do not need to throw millions at under par players or try and buy your way to promotion.

u should tell TG that !!

Wed May 25, 2011 1:19 pm

Feedback wrote:Gwyn

from all of what you have written above I asssume you mean that because some people, on this board and others, do not wish to see Hammam back that they belevie his entire tenure was a failure. I am unsure how you come to that conclusion. no one is denying that Hammam took an interest when no one else would. however, that does not eman that no one else would never have done so either (look at Burnley, Swansea, Hull, Plymouth). Likewise, others are not so much ignoring the fact we had two promotions under Hammam, but are questioning (i) Hammam's ability to be truthful with the fans (ii) Hammam's ability to use his own money rather than spend someone else's and (iii) queestioning Hammam's ability to identify a decent football manager. our best manager in years was appointed by Ridsdale. Hammam appointed Cork, Gould and Lawrence.

During Hammam's tenure the sun did not shine every day, all others are doing by posting is providing a bit of counter weight to the belief by some, yourself included, that Hammam is the panacea for all CCFC ills. Hammam is not, history has shown that you do not need a Hammam type person at a football club to achieve promotion from the dungeon to the Championship or from the Championship to the Premier League. History also shows us that you do not need to throw millions at under par players or try and buy your way to promotion.

uuurgghh......so which Malaysians are investing their own cash exactly or is it loaned from their Companies ?

Thats the f*cking trouble with you accountant types ........ you dont know how to run a business , you leech and pray off those who do ! All talk with others dough!!

Wed May 25, 2011 1:20 pm

"Feedback"]Gwyn

has anyone actually said any of that? not that I have seen. What some people, myself incldued, have commented on is that you cannot simply say Hammam is great he achieved X Y and Z and ignore the baggage that the club ended up with. If you are to judge Hammam then you have to judge him on all successes and failures. In my opinion, he had more of the latter than the former, the club nearly went to the wall on Black Friday. for all the exciting times before that it would have counted for nothing if the club did not exist. Thankfully, other investors came in at that time and we are where we are now.

How did it not go to the wall on Black Friday Feeders son ? Pray tell ?

ah that will be the part that nobody gives paul guy any credit for steve.
his money was paying the wages and bills at that time otherwise we would have gone to the wall

Says who exactly ?

Also the end of the retail park dream !!! if that was the case.

Why the sudden urgency to bail the Club out if that was the case ? why did they not buy it themselves when it was only 3 million ? hmmmmmmmm. because they f*cking leeches !!! oh and f*cking liars!!!

Did you know that they tried claiming that Hammam had threatened all their families and also the Malaysians witha hit man !!

you couldnt make it up !!!

well who did pay the wages then steve and like you say why did they not buy the cub for 3 million.
no they had a cunning plan where they let the club rack up a debt of 20 odd million and then step in.
brilliant business plan

Wed May 25, 2011 1:21 pm

Daya wrote:urrghhh and who was running the show then?

CEO Peter Ridsdale
Manager David Jones

not sure of your point, as during the above's tenure, we hit top spot twice in two differnet seasons. We did not stay there though, much the same as the 2005 season.

Wed May 25, 2011 1:24 pm

steve davies wrote:"Feedback"]Gwyn

has anyone actually said any of that? not that I have seen. What some people, myself incldued, have commented on is that you cannot simply say Hammam is great he achieved X Y and Z and ignore the baggage that the club ended up with. If you are to judge Hammam then you have to judge him on all successes and failures. In my opinion, he had more of the latter than the former, the club nearly went to the wall on Black Friday. for all the exciting times before that it would have counted for nothing if the club did not exist. Thankfully, other investors came in at that time and we are where we are now.

How did it not go to the wall on Black Friday Feeders son ? Pray tell ?

ah that will be the part that nobody gives paul guy any credit for steve.
his money was paying the wages and bills at that time otherwise we would have gone to the wall

Says who exactly ?

Also the end of the retail park dream !!! if that was the case.

Why the sudden urgency to bail the Club out if that was the case ? why did they not buy it themselves when it was only 3 million ? hmmmmmmmm. because they f*cking leeches !!! oh and f*cking liars!!!

Did you know that they tried claiming that Hammam had threatened all their families and also the Malaysians witha hit man !!

you couldnt make it up !!!

well who did pay the wages then steve and like you say why did they not buy the cub for 3 million.
no they had a cunning plan where they let the club rack up a debt of 20 odd million and then step in.
brilliant business plan

you tell me and provide some proof mate if u can.

So you claim the planned it all along ? no wonder they had council support ! and Hammam never! gets more bent as it goes along !!

Wed May 25, 2011 1:25 pm

Daya wrote: History also shows us that you do not need to throw millions at under par players or try and buy your way to promotion.

u should tell TG that !!

I don't need to, i am sure he is astute enough to work it out for himself. Last year the manager gav a list of demands which TG and VT met. That shows they backed their manager.

I am sure that wehoever is manger this comnig season will also have a list of demands and I am sure that that list will also be met. A different manager will have a different list.

Wed May 25, 2011 1:27 pm

Feedback wrote:
Daya wrote: History also shows us that you do not need to throw millions at under par players or try and buy your way to promotion.

u should tell TG that !!

I don't need to, i am sure he is astute enough to work it out for himself. Last year the manager gav a list of demands which TG and VT met. That shows they backed their manager.

I am sure that wehoever is manger this comnig season will also have a list of demands and I am sure that that list will also be met. A different manager will have a different list.

your waffling !!!! jones had a different list - the malaysians would not back it actually. you couldnt even answer a straight question!

Wed May 25, 2011 1:28 pm

Daya wrote:uuurgghh......so which Malaysians are investing their own cash exactly or is it loaned from their Companies ?

well if it scompanies they own its their own cash, in otehr words, they will take teh hit directly if it goes pear shaped

Daya wrote:
Thats the f*cking trouble with you accountant types ........ you dont know how to run a business , you leech and pray off those who do ! All talk with others dough!!

someone else alongside Gwyn who throws the insults around when challenged. I'm beginning to warm to this forum, clearly the posters here get shirty when the debate doesn't go their way.

as for accountants not knowing how to run businesses, out of the top 100 CEO's and FD's of the FTSE 100 comanies, 76% are accountants. but of course, acccountants don't know how to run business.

Wed May 25, 2011 1:34 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Really getting boring now, people have their minds made up, no point in trying to change them and everybody regurgitating same old arguements :roll:

totaly agree .

Wed May 25, 2011 1:34 pm

Feedback wrote:
Daya wrote:uuurgghh......so which Malaysians are investing their own cash exactly or is it loaned from their Companies ?

well if it scompanies they own its their own cash, in otehr words, they will take teh hit directly if it goes pear shaped

Thats the f*cking trouble with you accountant types ........ you dont know how to run a business , you leech and pray off those who do ! All talk with others dough!![/quote]

someone else alongside Gwyn who throws the insults around when challenged. I'm beginning to warm to this forum, clearly the posters here get shirty when the debate doesn't go their way.

as for accountants not knowing how to run businesses, out of the top 100 CEO's and FD's of the FTSE 100 comanies, 76% are accountants. but of course, acccountants don't know how to run business.[/quote]

wank wank - making your dough of the real people who make the dough - leeches!

to the bold type - your spellings shot to pieces!- but same as Hammam did then ! what you tried to make out otherwise in your previous post !

i havent thrown any insults - just said my piece on the bollocks you write - you couldnt answer a simple question and gave my opinion on accountants who think they are f*cking clever when in fact they just leech off those who make the dough!

As you said to Gwyn - GAME SET AND MATCH - !!! U couldnt even answer a straight question- change your user name to WAFFLER !!

Wed May 25, 2011 1:35 pm

Feedback, i have to agree with you regarding things people do when challenged, but thats only recently started and is a tad embarrassing if i'm honest.....keep up the challenging though as you seem to be more than holding your own ;)

Wed May 25, 2011 1:39 pm

Feedback wrote:
Daya wrote:urrghhh and who was running the show then?

CEO Peter Ridsdale
Manager David Jones

not sure of your point, as during the above's tenure, we hit top spot twice in two differnet seasons. We did not stay there though, much the same as the 2005 season.

NO SAM HAMMAM- simples , read back through the posts , u raised the point.

The fact is simple , Hammam sold at 3.6 million profit your so called doom of Black Friday and went to the top of the table without them !!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed May 25, 2011 1:41 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Feedback, i have to agree with you regarding things people do when challenged, but thats only recently started and is a tad embarrassing if i'm honest.....keep up the challenging though as you seem to be more than holding your own ;)

Challenge ? i set him a simple question - he couldnt come up with the simple answer .

Nobodies insulted him , hes just been stunned out and throws the insult card!! again trying to deflect the debate with bollocks!!

Wed May 25, 2011 1:43 pm

Read through Feedbacks old posts - his head was up Riddlers arse at one time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed May 25, 2011 1:44 pm

Feedback wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:please dont even start to argue for anything Peter Ridsdale has done that's good for football ....... his financial legcy is all there to see , Im even paying a personal visit to the Court in Cardiff on July 22nd to see where my golden ticket monet went to and give him morale support !

vintage63

that is my point exactly. Peter Ridsdale is not a friend to people on here so his time is not remembered in the same way. Hammam has friends on here who cannot view his tenure with objectivity due to the friendship.

Put it this way, under Hammam's five year tenure, we accumulated £24m of debt, if not more, under Ridsdales five year tenure, we added only £16m to that, or 50% less debt.

for his faults Ridsdale delivered a stadium that is valued at £60m, under Hammam, the stadium was a non starter.

Your a classic mate fair play, you now use our £60 million stadium as a symbol of success, when you spent 2 days arguing with people that its theoretically worthless, as it only has value to the football club that plays in it!!

Wed May 25, 2011 1:47 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Feedback wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:please dont even start to argue for anything Peter Ridsdale has done that's good for football ....... his financial legcy is all there to see , Im even paying a personal visit to the Court in Cardiff on July 22nd to see where my golden ticket monet went to and give him morale support !

vintage63

that is my point exactly. Peter Ridsdale is not a friend to people on here so his time is not remembered in the same way. Hammam has friends on here who cannot view his tenure with objectivity due to the friendship.

Put it this way, under Hammam's five year tenure, we accumulated £24m of debt, if not more, under Ridsdales five year tenure, we added only £16m to that, or 50% less debt.

for his faults Ridsdale delivered a stadium that is valued at £60m, under Hammam, the stadium was a non starter.

Your a classic mate fair play, you now use our £60 million stadium as a symbol of success, when you spent 2 days arguing with people that its theoretically worthless, as it only has value to the football club that plays in it!!

u couldnt make it up with this accountant leyton!

Wed May 25, 2011 1:50 pm

Daya wrote:
Feedback wrote:

u should tell TG that !!

your waffling !!!! jones had a different list - the malaysians would not back it actually. you couldnt even answer a straight question!

was that a question you asked, it was more like a rhetorical statement

Wed May 25, 2011 1:54 pm

I am sure that wehoever is manger this comnig season will also have a list of demands and I am sure that that list will also be met. A different manager will have a different list.[/quote]

your waffling !!!! jones had a different list - the malaysians would not back it actually. you couldnt even answer a straight question![/quote]

was that a question you asked, it was more like a rhetorical statement[/quote]

no it wasnt it was a straight question - read the thread... u couldnt answer you waffled , waffled and further waffled / until you came to your 60 mill stadium !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed May 25, 2011 1:54 pm

Daya wrote:wank wank - making your dough of the real people who make the dough - leeches!

you have no idea what i do for my clients, pure speculation and supposition on your part

Daya wrote:to the bold type - your spellings shot to pieces!- but same as Hammam did then ! what you tried to make out otherwise in your previous post !

is that your best retort, considerations of my spelling, really, is that the best you have to counter?

Daya wrote:i havent thrown any insults - just said my piece on the bollocks you write - you couldnt answer a simple question and gave my opinion on accountants who think they are f*cking clever when in fact they just leech off those who make the dough!

bollocks is subjective, it is your opinion.

as for the question, what was the question, as i said, there was a rhetorical statement, but no question.

Daya wrote:As you said to Gwyn - GAME SET AND MATCH - !!!

i never said no such thing to Gwyn, i think you'll find it was sludge

Daya wrote: U couldnt even answer a straight question

Try asking a question and I will answer it.

Daya wrote: change your user name to WAFFLER !!

yet more insults, this no sniping forum is great stuff.

Wed May 25, 2011 1:57 pm

go ahead - top accountant what can you do for me? i dont want any waffle mind!

hit me with it baby. x

Wed May 25, 2011 1:57 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:Your a classic mate fair play, you now use our £60 million stadium as a symbol of success, when you spent 2 days arguing with people that its theoretically worthless, as it only has value to the football club that plays in it!!

No i am not suggesting that it is a yardstick of success, quite the opposite. I am suggesting that to say Hammam is a hero because he left us with £30m of talent (which in itself is debatable) is akin to saying that Ridsdale did well because he left us with a stadium worth £60m.

Why is it that Ridsdale is seen as the villain even though he left us with a £60m stadium whereas Hammam is seen as a hero even though he only left us with assets at half that figure?

Some on here have grasped this, others have not.

Wed May 25, 2011 1:58 pm

Daya wrote:go ahead - top accountant what can you do for me? i dont want any waffle mind!

hit me with it baby. x

i'm gonna be bigger than barcelona!

Wed May 25, 2011 1:59 pm

Daya wrote:go ahead - top accountant what can you do for me? i dont want any waffle mind!

We work mainly on tax efficient supply chain, cross border tax efficiency and corporate finance these days, if you have overseas business interests or need access to VC's then I'd be able to help.

Wed May 25, 2011 2:00 pm

Feedback wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:Your a classic mate fair play, you now use our £60 million stadium as a symbol of success, when you spent 2 days arguing with people that its theoretically worthless, as it only has value to the football club that plays in it!!

No i am not suggesting that it is a yardstick of success, quite the opposite. I am suggesting that to say Hammam is a hero because he left us with £30m of talent (which in itself is debatable) is akin to saying that Ridsdale did well because he left us with a stadium worth £60m.

Why is it that Ridsdale is seen as the villain even though he left us with a £60m stadium whereas Hammam is seen as a hero even though he only left us with assets at half that figure?

Some on here have grasped this, others have not.

you can sell players they are REAL ASSETS. raises a thing called cash!

you cant flog the Stadium = bullshit .

Wed May 25, 2011 2:03 pm

Feedback wrote:

We work mainly on tax efficient supply chain, cross border tax efficiency and corporate finance these days, if you have overseas business interests or need access to VC's then I'd be able to help.

who's we? Company or self employed ?

Own 49 % of an overseas business in Shanghai .

Dont want any waffle mind ........ dont need any finance .

Wed May 25, 2011 2:04 pm

Daya wrote:you can sell players they are REAL ASSETS. raises a thing called cash!

Daya, I agree, the stadium is worth something only to those that play in it. It is not a tradable commodity. However, we have seen time and again others claiming that Hammam left us with a legacy of £30m of players (spurious at best) and planning permission for a stadium worth £60m. Why is it ok to mention the intrinsic value of the stadium when discussing Hammams legacy but not when discussing Ridsdales legacy?

As for releasing cash, we could always mortgage the stadium (not suggesting we do), as often football clubs do. I'm not saying we'd get £60m for it but we'd certainly get more than £30m (the supposed value of the players). Its called buy and lease back and happens all the time in the world of corporate finance.

Wed May 25, 2011 2:05 pm

Daya wrote:who's we? Company or self employed ?

company that i own 50% of.

Wed May 25, 2011 2:14 pm

why wont CCFC actually , at a price , get the stadium named now that we are just about into our 3rd season there ?

Wed May 25, 2011 2:14 pm

Feedback wrote:
Daya wrote:you can sell players they are REAL ASSETS. raises a thing called cash!

Daya, I agree, the stadium is worth something only to those that play in it. It is not a tradable commodity. However, we have seen time and again others claiming that Hammam left us with a legacy of £30m of players (spurious at best) and planning permission for a stadium worth £60m. Why is it ok to mention the intrinsic value of the stadium when discussing Hammams legacy but not when discussing Ridsdales legacy?

As for releasing cash, we could always mortgage the stadium (not suggesting we do), as often football clubs do. I'm not saying we'd get £60m for it but we'd certainly get more than £30m (the supposed value of the players). Its called buy and lease back and happens all the time in the world of corporate finance.

So why didnt PMG then? any thought ..... its bullshit money , not corporate finance !! is it not ownership of stadium cant change hands ? what if the club went skint and it was hocked ? could the lender take it over ? why didnt the riddler do it ? he hocked everything else !!