Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I FIND IT FUNNY

Wed May 25, 2011 12:21 pm

Any success that Sam had when he was in charge here or at Wimbledon is rarely attributed to him any good players that he discovered or signed were spotted by his managers or scouts and that he shouldn't be given any credit, and any promotions or victories where down to the manager.

Yet any failures defeats or signings that didn't cut the mustard were all down to Sam's personal bad choice or decision.

Seems a little unfair, but such is life. :old:

Re: I FIND IT FUNNY

Wed May 25, 2011 12:25 pm

Really getting boring now, people have their minds made up, no point in trying to change them and everybody regurgitating same old arguements :roll:

Wed May 25, 2011 12:26 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Any success that Sam had when he was in charge here or at Wimbledon is rarely attributed to him any good players that he discovered or signed were spotted by his managers or scouts and that he shouldn't be given any credit, and any promotions or victories where down to the manager.

Yet any failures defeats or signings that didn't cut the mustard were all down to Sam's personal bad choice or decision.

Seems a little unfair, but such is life. :old:

in fairness gwyn sam signed the odd crap player but to compared to a real footballing man like dave jones he was a rank amateur in signing shit players :lol:

Wed May 25, 2011 12:27 pm

Gwyn

has anyone actually said any of that? not that I have seen. What some people, myself incldued, have commented on is that you cannot simply say Hammam is great he achieved X Y and Z and ignore the baggage that the club ended up with. If you are to judge Hammam then you have to judge him on all successes and failures. In my opinion, he had more of the latter than the former, the club nearly went to the wall on Black Friday. for all the exciting times before that it would have counted for nothing if the club did not exist. Thankfully, other investors came in at that time and we are where we are now.

Wed May 25, 2011 12:35 pm

Feedback wrote:Gwyn

has anyone actually said any of that? not that I have seen. What some people, myself incldued, have commented on is that you cannot simply say Hammam is great he achieved X Y and Z and ignore the baggage that the club ended up with. If you are to judge Hammam then you have to judge him on all successes and failures. In my opinion, he had more of the latter than the former, the club nearly went to the wall on Black Friday. for all the exciting times before that it would have counted for nothing if the club did not exist. Thankfully, other investors came in at that time and we are where we are now.

agreed

Wed May 25, 2011 12:39 pm

f**k me (its free on Thursdays) do you want a list, I swear Sam must have shagged some of their mothers and not paid the CSA the vitriol he brings out in some, there are people (Ice cream sharing back stabbers amongst them) who refuse to aknowledge or even accept he had a hand to play in any success, or that he has any knowledg of football, one press on your keyboard favourites will give you a glimpse in an instant. :lol:

Wed May 25, 2011 12:42 pm

LARRDY LARDDDY LA.

Simple question- and can those simply answer .

Q. Who has achieved more in football.

I) Sam Hammam.

II) TG & Vincent Tan

No if , whats , buts .

Straight answers.

Wed May 25, 2011 12:45 pm

Question number 2

Who has invested the most money into Cardiff City ?

A. Sam Hammam

B. TG & VT.

Wed May 25, 2011 12:46 pm

Gwyn

from all of what you have written above I asssume you mean that because some people, on this board and others, do not wish to see Hammam back that they belevie his entire tenure was a failure. I am unsure how you come to that conclusion. no one is denying that Hammam took an interest when no one else would. however, that does not eman that no one else would never have done so either (look at Burnley, Swansea, Hull, Plymouth). Likewise, others are not so much ignoring the fact we had two promotions under Hammam, but are questioning (i) Hammam's ability to be truthful with the fans (ii) Hammam's ability to use his own money rather than spend someone else's and (iii) queestioning Hammam's ability to identify a decent football manager. our best manager in years was appointed by Ridsdale. Hammam appointed Cork, Gould and Lawrence.

During Hammam's tenure the sun did not shine every day, all others are doing by posting is providing a bit of counter weight to the belief by some, yourself included, that Hammam is the panacea for all CCFC ills. Hammam is not, history has shown that you do not need a Hammam type person at a football club to achieve promotion from the dungeon to the Championship or from the Championship to the Premier League. History also shows us that you do not need to throw millions at under par players or try and buy your way to promotion.

Wed May 25, 2011 12:46 pm

Guys Ive just been visiting the other side ( Mike's MB ) and found the Sam thread there ...... see that TLG and his lover Claude Blue are on their soap boxes preeching the good word ( or bad ) of Sam ..... makes u laugh dont it :lol:
Last edited by Martyn1963 on Wed May 25, 2011 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 25, 2011 12:47 pm

How did it not go to the wall on Black Friday Feeders son ? Pray tell ?

Wed May 25, 2011 12:47 pm

Daya wrote:LARRDY LARDDDY LA.

I) Sam Hammam.

II) TG & Vincent Tan

No if , whats , buts .

Straight answers.
anotehr simple question

who has achieved more in football:-

Peter Ridsdale, taking Leeds to the champions league and top of the premier league

or

Sam Hammam, only ever winning the FA Cup in the 1980's

I reckon in this day and age, the former has much more succes than the latter. I am sure we are all algreed that we would therefore want Peter Ridsdale back before Sam Hammam.

Wed May 25, 2011 12:48 pm

Daya wrote:How did it not go to the wall on Black Friday Feeders son ? Pray tell ?

fire sale of players that Hammam said would not happen. Do you forget that?

Wed May 25, 2011 12:49 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:Guys Ive just been visiting the other side ( Mike's MB ) and found the Sam thread there ...... see that TLG and his lover Claude Blue are on their soap boxed preeching the good word ( or bad ) of Sam ..... makes u laugh dont it :lol:

Pair of queens .... TLG has more heads than cyclops ...... just likes to be seen as the big City man ! who's cock he sucking these days ive lost track?

Wed May 25, 2011 12:50 pm

please dont even start to argue for anything Peter Ridsdale has done that's good for football ....... his financial legcy is all there to see , Im even paying a personal visit to the Court in Cardiff on July 22nd to see where my golden ticket monet went to and give him morale support !

Wed May 25, 2011 12:51 pm

Feedback wrote:
Daya wrote:How did it not go to the wall on Black Friday Feeders son ? Pray tell ?

fire sale of players that Hammam said would not happen. Do you forget that?

So what - next season where did City go ? was it top of the table ?

Now remind me - youre the accountant , what did those players cost and what were they sold for?

Wed May 25, 2011 12:51 pm

Daya wrote:

ah that will be the part that nobody gives paul guy any credit for steve.
his money was paying the wages and bills at that time otherwise we would have gone to the wall.

Wed May 25, 2011 12:53 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:please dont even start to argue for anything Peter Ridsdale has done that's good for football ....... his financial legcy is all there to see , Im even paying a personal visit to the Court in Cardiff on July 22nd to see where my golden ticket monet went to and give him morale support !

He wasnt for RIDDERS just using gynms own arguement against him

Wed May 25, 2011 12:53 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:please dont even start to argue for anything Peter Ridsdale has done that's good for football ....... his financial legcy is all there to see , Im even paying a personal visit to the Court in Cardiff on July 22nd to see where my golden ticket monet went to and give him morale support !

vintage63

that is my point exactly. Peter Ridsdale is not a friend to people on here so his time is not remembered in the same way. Hammam has friends on here who cannot view his tenure with objectivity due to the friendship.

Put it this way, under Hammam's five year tenure, we accumulated £24m of debt, if not more, under Ridsdales five year tenure, we added only £16m to that, or 50% less debt.

for his faults Ridsdale delivered a stadium that is valued at £60m, under Hammam, the stadium was a non starter.

Wed May 25, 2011 12:56 pm

steve davies wrote:
Daya wrote:

ah that will be the part that nobody gives paul guy any credit for steve.
his money was paying the wages and bills at that time otherwise we would have gone to the wall.

Says who exactly ?

Also the end of the retail park dream !!! if that was the case.

Why the sudden urgency to bail the Club out if that was the case ? why did they not buy it themselves when it was only 3 million ? hmmmmmmmm. because they f*cking leeches !!! oh and f*cking liars!!!

Did you know that they tried claiming that Hammam had threatened all their families and also the Malaysians witha hit man !!

you couldnt make it up !!!

Wed May 25, 2011 12:58 pm

Feedback wrote:

vintage63

that is my point exactly. Peter Ridsdale is not a friend to people on here so his time is not remembered in the same way. Hammam has friends on here who cannot view his tenure with objectivity due to the friendship.

Put it this way, under Hammam's five year tenure, we accumulated £24m of debt, if not more, under Ridsdales five year tenure, we added only £16m to that, or 50% less debt.

for his faults Ridsdale delivered a stadium that is valued at £60m, under Hammam, the stadium was a non starter.

BULLSHIT - I HAD MORE RUCKS WITH HAMMAM THAN ANYONE - true Gwyn?

Wed May 25, 2011 12:58 pm

Daya wrote:So what - next season where did City go ? was it top of the table ?

we did, but the season does not end in Novebmer, it is where we are in May that counts, we finished 13th.

Daya wrote:Now remind me - youre the accountant , what did those players cost and what were they sold for?

Kavanagh cost £1m, sold for £300k, loss of £700k
Thorne cost £1.7m, departs to Norwich on a free, loss of £1.7m
Earnshaw cost nil sold £3m profit £3m
Gabbidon / Collins cost £500k, sold for £3.5m, profit of £3m

total profit 3.6m used to pay the wolves at the door. the team decimated, spine gone. Do you think that was good business sense or bad? we had no choice, cash in the bank is better than an asset on the balance sheet.

Wed May 25, 2011 1:01 pm

Feedback wrote:
Daya wrote:LARRDY LARDDDY LA.

I) Sam Hammam.

II) TG & Vincent Tan

No if , whats , buts .

Straight answers.
anotehr simple question

who has achieved more in football:-

Peter Ridsdale, taking Leeds to the champions league and top of the premier league

or

Sam Hammam, only ever winning the FA Cup in the 1980's

I reckon in this day and age, the former has much more succes than the latter. I am sure we are all algreed that we would therefore want Peter Ridsdale back before Sam Hammam.

WAFFLE - FAILED ANSWER TO THE QUESTION

Wed May 25, 2011 1:02 pm

How come Ridsdale came here with zero money to his name BUT left with a hell of a lot plus all the CCFC shares he suddenly acumulated ???

Wed May 25, 2011 1:02 pm

Daya wrote:
Feedback wrote:

vintage63

BULLSHIT - I HAD MORE RUCKS WITH HAMMAM THAN ANYONE - true Gwyn?

Where have I said you were Hammam's friend or otherwise, i said his friends on here. Even if tyou were nto Hammam's closest friend or even acquaintence, you have history (as documented within the press) with Ridsdale, hence why you are not entirely ambivalent to his tenure here.

Wed May 25, 2011 1:03 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:How come Ridsdale came here with zero money to his name BUT left with a hell of a lot plus all the CCFC shares he suddenly acumulated ???

because he is like any other businessman (good bad or otherwise), he spotted an opportunity to make money with minimum risk and took it when it came. Who appointed Ridsdale in the first instance? Are you questioning that individuals judgement in business?
Last edited by Feedback on Wed May 25, 2011 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed May 25, 2011 1:04 pm

Feedback wrote:
Daya wrote:So what - next season where did City go ? was it top of the table ?

we did, but the season does not end in Novebmer, it is where we are in May that counts, we finished 13th.

Daya wrote:Now remind me - youre the accountant , what did those players cost and what were they sold for?

Kavanagh cost £1m, sold for £300k, loss of £700k
Thorne cost £1.7m, departs to Norwich on a free, loss of £1.7m
Earnshaw cost nil sold £3m profit £3m
Gabbidon / Collins cost £500k, sold for £3.5m, profit of £3m

total profit 3.6m used to pay the wolves at the door. the team decimated, spine gone. Do you think that was good business sense or bad? we had no choice, cash in the bank is better than an asset on the balance sheet.

DECIMATED ? f**k ME IT WENT TO THE TOP OF THE TABLE THE NEXT SEASON!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So lets get this right - 3.6 mill profit , then to the top of the f*cking table !!!

Wed May 25, 2011 1:05 pm

Daya wrote:DECIMATED ? f**k ME IT WENT TO THE TOP OF THE TABLE THE NEXT SEASON!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So lets get this right - 3.6 mill profit , then to the top of the f*cking table !!!

Then straight back to mid table mediocrity. hardly a ringing endorsement of selling your best players.

Wed May 25, 2011 1:08 pm

Feedback wrote:
Daya wrote:DECIMATED ? f**k ME IT WENT TO THE TOP OF THE TABLE THE NEXT SEASON!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then straight back to mid table mediocrity. hardly a ringing endorsement of selling your best players.

our best player that season was a 23 goal Michael Chopra I do believe who was sold the following season ?

Wed May 25, 2011 1:11 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:
Feedback wrote:

our best player that season was a 23 goal Michael Chopra I do believe who was sold the following season ?

and bought again the season after, not sure of your point?