Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

wales v scotland

Wed May 25, 2011 12:09 pm

Is anyone really bothered by this game/result tonight? Do u think these recent (home nations) internationals in Dublin have been a success or a waste of time??
:?:

Re: wales v scotland

Wed May 25, 2011 12:19 pm

You always beat us in these shitty games anyway. 8-)

Wed May 25, 2011 12:21 pm

Lets just call it 4-0 again then!!!

dont bother playing ,

everyone happy!! :)

Wed May 25, 2011 12:22 pm

Meaningless series of games.

Wed May 25, 2011 12:50 pm

Complete waste of time.irish fans who attended the match against the north last nite were given tickets for both the welsh games free in an attempt to make the crowd respectable.sums the whole thing up.bad planning at a stupid time if year.the north had only sold 48 tickets to supporters club members as of yesterday fo the game on friday.pathetic.what is the point ?

Wed May 25, 2011 1:00 pm

Chance for a few pints with you Moz ...........Plus great chips in Dublin

Wed May 25, 2011 1:04 pm

Good point,win or lose-on the booze.
Just dont expect an atmosphere.
We will have to get hugely wrecked up and create our own

Wed May 25, 2011 1:53 pm

im flying over tomorrow. cant wait. its a shame wales arent very good at the moment. but if i went to football matches just to watch good football i probably have stopped watching wales and cardiff years ago.

wales away games are brilliant (usually the football gets in the way of a good trip). This is my 20th wales away game and ive only seen them win 3-4 times, but that definately wont stop me going. Hopefully we will qualify one day, but if they dont ill have gone on some brilliant trips in hope that it will happen

roll on dublin tomorrow, england in sept and bulgaria in oct. then its the draw in december for 2014 world cup. cant wait

Wed May 25, 2011 2:25 pm

moz-dublin wrote:Complete waste of time.irish fans who attended the match against the north last nite were given tickets for both the welsh games free in an attempt to make the crowd respectable.sums the whole thing up.bad planning at a stupid time if year.the north had only sold 48 tickets to supporters club members as of yesterday fo the game on friday.pathetic.what is the point ?

I agree, initially i was excited by the tornament but last night was pathetic, can't see the competition lasting very long unless England join it.

Wed May 25, 2011 5:22 pm

PtB wrote:You always beat us in these shitty games anyway. 8-)

and you jock allways cheat us in world cup qualifing games :x
on my life it was a penalty

Wed May 25, 2011 6:13 pm

Will be watching on S4c, we have done well against Scotland in recent years. Fingers crossed :ayatollah:

Wed May 25, 2011 6:38 pm

Is this game being played behind Closed Doors!!! Where is the crowd :?:

Wed May 25, 2011 6:45 pm

I think it needs a few years to get the interest up in it, i think they are running it every 2 years when there is no world cup or euros so i would assume the next one will be in 2013 at 1 of the other 3 nations venues like say hampden park 2013, mill stad 2015 and windsor park 2017 then back to the aviva 2019 so you are hosting 1 every 8 years.

When they started the 5 nations rugby tournament up i bet there wasn't a high level of interest in that at first and look at the monster that as grown into now as the 6 nations, it needs a bit of history and prestige to get it going tidy.

Look at the rep ireland they seem to be running away with it after their 2 games so far with 3-0 and 5-0 victory's, so say the next 1 being in scotland, eire will go there wanting to defend their title and scotland will want to impress on their own patch like the irish are doing now, so the crowds mite get bigger with more at stake, of course it would help if england were in it but i cant see the snobs at the fa agreeing to it, they think they are above everyone else.

You never know if it does take off in the next few years, we could be seeing a mass exodus of welsh fans going over to ireland and scotland like we do in the rugby to sold out arenas, lets hope it does take off in the future cos the crowds have been appaling so far.

Wed May 25, 2011 6:46 pm

i think it gies to prove how pointless the welsh international team is
team gb is the way forward

Wed May 25, 2011 6:47 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:
PtB wrote:You always beat us in these shitty games anyway. 8-)

and you jock allways cheat us in world cup qualifing games :x
on my life it was a penalty

These things even themselves out over a season.........

COME ON SCOTLAND!

Wed May 25, 2011 6:50 pm

moz-dublin wrote:Complete waste of time.irish fans who attended the match against the north last nite were given tickets for both the welsh games free in an attempt to make the crowd respectable.sums the whole thing up.bad planning at a stupid time if year.the north had only sold 48 tickets to supporters club members as of yesterday fo the game on friday.pathetic.what is the point ?

the fa of ireland put all sorts of barriers up to stop yhe ulstermen from travelling

Wed May 25, 2011 6:55 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:

the fa of ireland put all sorts of barriers up to stop yhe ulstermen from travelling

A lot of the Nordies were boycotting it over the player eligibility row too.

Wed May 25, 2011 6:58 pm

Love watching Wales but why in Ireland :s no fans, means practice game.
And having 2 games in 3 days makes this all a joke.

Surprised bellers is on the bench

Wed May 25, 2011 7:11 pm

Christ this is grim....

I was going to go to Bulgaria later in the year but on this showing we'll get thrashed. Unless I can blag a freebie I'll be staying put..

Wed May 25, 2011 7:13 pm

Shit, is that Michael Barrymore sitting next to Speed? :shock: :shock:

Wed May 25, 2011 7:19 pm

Who is it?

Wed May 25, 2011 7:21 pm

Earnie class fininsh ;)

Welsh cunts :lol:

isnt it Raymond Verheijen, the assistant manager, and bellers personal physio?

Wed May 25, 2011 7:22 pm

I take it all back... :oops:

Great finish by Earnie. Worth a punt as he's free?

Wed May 25, 2011 7:23 pm

Great finish by earnie!!!

Wed May 25, 2011 7:27 pm

Great Finish by Earnie :ayatollah:

Wed May 25, 2011 7:30 pm

What are Sky doing with the sound from the "crowd"? I have it on a stream and its going from the 50 or so Welsh fans sounding like the Kop to the haunting sound of a Scotch piper. well weird.

Wed May 25, 2011 7:33 pm

Cymru 1 Alban 0 loving it at the moment.... er....mind you Scotland missed some sitters we'd be 5 down against decent opposition :ayatollah:

Wed May 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:Cymru 1 Alban 0 loving it at the moment.... er....mind you Scotland missed some sitters we'd be 5 down against decent opposition :ayatollah:

What, like the Faroe Islands? :lol: :lol: