Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gardening leave

Wed May 25, 2011 10:19 am

That's where it will end in my view. If as is rumoured Dave Jones has already been given 12 months notice. He will be put on gardening leave and paid monthly as usual. The club can afford that. A new manager will be installed and if Jones is lucky enough to get a new job he is effectively ending his own contract. I suspect this is what will happen or already happened. :ayatollah:

Re: Gardening leave

Wed May 25, 2011 11:45 am

The way it's going now then I can see this happening.

The only problem I can see is if we do that then we will have to settle for a manager on a lower wage.

Less money you pay the lower quality of manager you get.

Just leave Dave Jones!! :evil:

Wed May 25, 2011 12:48 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:The way it's going now then I can see this happening.

The only problem I can see is if we do that then we will have to settle for a manager on a lower wage.

Less money you pay the lower quality of manager you get.

Just leave Dave Jones!! :evil:

You can get better on less than half Jones wage and that's a fact !!

Wed May 25, 2011 12:50 pm

ihatealiens wrote:That's where it will end in my view. If as is rumoured Dave Jones has already been given 12 months notice. He will be put on gardening leave and paid monthly as usual. The club can afford that. A new manager will be installed and if Jones is lucky enough to get a new job he is effectively ending his own contract. I suspect this is what will happen or already happened. :ayatollah:

That's what should have happened after the 6-0 defeat at Preston, IMHO.

Wed May 25, 2011 2:09 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:That's where it will end in my view. If as is rumoured Dave Jones has already been given 12 months notice. He will be put on gardening leave and paid monthly as usual. The club can afford that. A new manager will be installed and if Jones is lucky enough to get a new job he is effectively ending his own contract. I suspect this is what will happen or already happened. :ayatollah:

That's what should have happened after the 6-0 defeat at Preston, IMHO.

agree 100% with that statement