Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We need to do something soon or not at all

Wed May 25, 2011 7:14 am

I don't believe in knee-jerk reactions and taking time to consider Jones' future after the Reading game was probably the correct thing to do. However, I now believe that, if they don't sack him in the next day or two, they should let him carry on for next season as manager and he should be allowed to re-build for next season. Other clubs are now starting to make signings and appoint new managers to build their teams and, if we don't make a decision quickly, we may start to get left behind and end up with what's left rather than who we want, as far as a manager is concerned. And that's not going to be good

Re: We need to do something soon or not at all

Wed May 25, 2011 7:16 am

I agree - there are some good players on free transfers available and we need the manager to be picking up some of these with at least 10 leaving ( loan and out of contract) when they become available (next week?)

Wed May 25, 2011 7:19 am

I was looking at some of the players being released and there are some players who would do a very good job for us so we need to be decisive in our moves from now on and not drag our feet making such important decisions

Wed May 25, 2011 7:22 am

Andy lets face it Jones is staying Im afraid so the 1 thing he is good for is picking up at least 1 very good bargain player amongst 4 or 5 shite wastes of time and space ............... hopefully get 1 or 2 freebies in plus Bellamy and maybe a half decent goalie on loan and maybe next season can carry on where this one finished ?

Wed May 25, 2011 7:27 am

Very true, Martyn. But I have a feeling he divides opinion as much as Sam Hammam does. I know that the majority of people on here want him out, but it seems we aren't totally representative of what all City fans think. It will be interesting to see what the mood is like in the ground next season if he stays because, after all, that's where you'll find the real measure of feeling and opinion