Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Todays the day it comes to a head!!!

Wed May 25, 2011 6:19 am

I dont claim to have my finger on the pulse or have inside info on dave jones leaving but for all parties concerned i think a decision will be made today........ maybe carl could shed some light on this. My reason for believeing this is quite simply the transfer window. As far as im aware it opens next week and both clubs us and west ham will need to be busy from the start. if your gonna get good free transfers and released players then you generally have to be active at the beginning as players in this category want their futures sorted asap. From last seasons evidence transfer negotiations tend to start even before season ends so with us having the manager situation up in air and the squad desimated i dont think the malaysians will hang about too much longer especially if they dont intend spending too much on transfer fees and west ham likewise. As i understand it at moment its a stand off from both parties regarding money which could obviously effect our playing budget next year for our new manager so the malaysians are quite right in their actions of waiting a day or two to see if dave buckles as i said i believe it will be today cos west ham will be on his case to take it or leave it. Maybe im mad but i woke up this morning thinking today will be the day of change :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Todays the day it comes to a head!!!

Wed May 25, 2011 6:26 am

tonnehead wrote:I dont claim to have my finger on the pulse or have inside info on dave jones leaving but for all parties concerned i think a decision will be made today........ maybe carl could shed some light on this. My reason for believeing this is quite simply the transfer window. As far as im aware it opens next week and both clubs us and west ham will need to be busy from the start. if your gonna get good free transfers and released players then you generally have to be active at the beginning as players in this category want their futures sorted asap. From last seasons evidence transfer negotiations tend to start even before season ends so with us having the manager situation up in air and the squad desimated i dont think the malaysians will hang about too much longer especially if they dont intend spending too much on transfer fees and west ham likewise. As i understand it at moment its a stand off from both parties regarding money which could obviously effect our playing budget next year for our new manager so the malaysians are quite right in their actions of waiting a day or two to see if dave buckles as i said i believe it will be today cos west ham will be on his case to take it or leave it. Maybe im mad but i woke up this morning thinking today will be the day of change :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sounds about right to me as long as West Ham do want him ???

If they have made more enquiries and found someone else we are fecked, I don't like this situation because as you say we need an active manager now to buy and borrow a new team now !!!!

Wed May 25, 2011 6:45 am

Lets hope so, but knowing our luck this situation is going to rumble on well into the Summer!

Wed May 25, 2011 1:07 pm

Doesn't it open 1st of July?

Wed May 25, 2011 1:20 pm

Thought it was June 1st. as all players contracts run until 31st may, the year changes with their length of contract if that makes sense :lol:

Wed May 25, 2011 1:30 pm

Ah i Dunoo then, thought it was July.

Wed May 25, 2011 1:34 pm

I hope your rite.we need to get sean o'driscoll before anyone else does

Wed May 25, 2011 1:46 pm

We cant get players until manager in place with us and see what he wants :ayatollah: