Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

URGENT ATTENTION REQUIRED!!

Tue May 24, 2011 10:52 pm

Well it's now been a week for Gethin Jenkins and the directors to have completed the end of season review which Gethin said would take a few days. The club should now decide quickly whether to back Dave Jones or replace him and if the latter find a new manager pretty quick. My point is that although it is only May, any good players that are out of contract will soon be snapped up by other clubs while we are still in limbo as to which direction we are going etc... are the Malaysians going to invest in the team as a in a transfer budget or are we going to have to rely on good bargains and free transfers?? But any good players about to run out of contract will soon get snapped up. I just want all the powers that be to be clear in their strategy for this coming season and act sooner rather than later. Be decisive and brave enough to make some big decisions right now and follow them through. Let's start the team building process as soon as possible!!!

Re: URGENT ATTENTION REQUIRED!!

Wed May 25, 2011 12:20 am

If you read 'other' posts I think you will find that it's just a case of reaching a compromise....

Regardless of what Dave Jones wants or threatens to do (i.e. stay on) he is, if the Board no longer WANT him, a lame duck just waiting for the shooting season to open....

I was in support of him until recent events but it is now (IMHO) time for change and it WILL happen. Just need to sort out 'how'

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: