Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Are our board really that clued up ?

Tue May 24, 2011 7:57 pm

Assuming Jones guaranteed promotion at the start of the season they have dropped a major bollock by not giving him 12 months notice from the time of that guarantee. I'm no billionaire but I would have thought if they had any business acumen they would have done that.

Re: Are our board really that clued up ?

Tue May 24, 2011 8:05 pm

:D

Tue May 24, 2011 9:33 pm

ll yes unless they have got something else up their sleeve.

Tue May 24, 2011 9:37 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:ll yes unless they have got something else up their sleeve.

Even Billionaires f**k up Chief :lol: :lol:

Tue May 24, 2011 9:45 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

No they dont.

They could not give DJ his notice last season, they had to put faith in him. However they would have had a plan in place if we failed to go up like we did. That plan would have included, the first part of it should we say, giving DJ the chance to resign. If the first part did not go to plan then enter the second part. What this second part is we will have to wait and see.

Tue May 24, 2011 9:50 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

No they dont.

They could not give DJ his notice last season, they had to put faith in him. However they would have had a plan in place if we failed to go up like we did. That plan would have included, the first part of it should we say, giving DJ the chance to resign. If the first part did not go to plan then enter the second part. What this second part is we will have to wait and see.

Hang on a mo are you telling me in his contract they could not give him notice ? :o It was that water tight ? What was there to stop them giving him a years notice to change/re negotiate his contract ? Sorry Chief i do not believe there was nothing they could do

Tue May 24, 2011 9:57 pm

It would appear that the Malaysians are the ones that did not have a plan B in this case.I cannot believe that they did not structure DJs contract to take into consideration the possibility of failure.If they want him out then they must stump up.To do anything else will only harm the club.Can you imagine a season where DJ does not have the backing of the board or the fans? We would be lucky to finish mid table. The Malaysians must now grow a pair and act soon but I think they are waiting to see if Jones can secure a position elsewhere before acting.

Tue May 24, 2011 10:03 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:It would appear that the Malaysians are the ones that did not have a plan B in this case.I cannot believe that they did not structure DJs contract to take into consideration the possibility of failure.If they want him out then they must stump up.To do anything else will only harm the club.Can you imagine a season where DJ does not have the backing of the board or the fans? We would be lucky to finish mid table. The Malaysians must now grow a pair and act soon but I think they are waiting to see if Jones can secure a position elsewhere before acting.

Can't we cancel his contract on the fact it was drawn up by a crocked ex Chairman who is now being investigated for Fraud involving our Club. In short his contract could become null and void

Tue May 24, 2011 10:08 pm

I have no doubt that the Malaysians have a legal team all over Jones contract as we speak.I still think that they have their fingers crossed that DJ does secure employment elsewhere as this would suit both parties and would be the least messy option.