Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" INTERESTING "

Tue May 24, 2011 7:52 pm

Cardiff and Vale School Boys are Supported and Sponsored by CARDIFF CITY,BRISTOL CITY and BRISTOL ROVERS.

They All then get First Choice to take any of these Boys in their Full Academies .

I thought it would just be Cardiff City, interesting and VERY SURPRISED .

Re: " INTERESTING "

Tue May 24, 2011 8:00 pm

Annis bristol city and rovers are taking all our best tallent been saying this for ages scouts have the same attitude as jones. :evil:

Tue May 24, 2011 8:02 pm

since its a CARDIFF and vale thing...shouldnt it be only CARDIFF who get first pick since its in CARDIFF? :shock:

Tue May 24, 2011 8:02 pm

birchblue wrote:Annis bristol city and rovers are taking all our best tallent been saying this for ages scouts have the same attitude as jones. :evil:

Jason, Your right Just spoke to someone very high up and he said Cardiff have been for the last 3 years letting all the young talent pass them by. City have shown NO INTEREST FOR THE LAST 3 YRS.

Tue May 24, 2011 8:05 pm

Annis You will hate this but Newport have a better set up than us FACT.

Tue May 24, 2011 8:06 pm

birchblue wrote:Annis You will hate this but Newport have a better set up than us FACT.

Jason, I know one of the Cardiff Coaches told me.

Tue May 24, 2011 9:38 pm

birchblue wrote:Annis You will hate this but Newport have a better set up than us FACT.

County have a great set-up.
Bristol Rovers are doing all the running at the moment.We had 5 Rovers academy players in my boys team.............until they got banned. :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue May 24, 2011 9:41 pm

as much as I hate to say it. its a very smart move by the Bristol teams...we should be doing something like this in their area, and in more mid wales..

Tue May 24, 2011 9:42 pm

Thats why Bellers boy is with Newport. Things will have to change

Tue May 24, 2011 9:42 pm

I know a couple of lads from Barry & the Vale that play, or have had trials, for Bristol. Never knew they had say on our youth players. Very surprised and disappointed with that. I bet we don't get a say or take on Bristol schools kids, do we?

Something should be done about this.

Tue May 24, 2011 9:43 pm

Its quite embarrassing really isn't it?

Tue May 24, 2011 10:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Jason, I know one of the Cardiff Coaches told me.

I thought Steve Borely was keen on youth development. If we are so bad at the moment I'm surprised that he's allowed this to happen.

Wed May 25, 2011 12:38 am

TUT TUT....... saying nothing. :D

Wed May 25, 2011 5:04 am

Both Bristol clubs have had a scouting network in S.Wales for years.

Wed May 25, 2011 8:15 am

Rovers have taken the best of the Valleys talent for years, especially in the 70's.

Wed May 25, 2011 8:40 am

years ago Rovers used to have their trial games for youngsters in Morganstown , Radyr coz there were so many Welsh boys attending !

Wed May 25, 2011 9:17 am

Annis back in my day Bristol Rovers did loads of Trials in South Wales!

I played for Cardiff Boys Barry Boys etc and the only Trials I had bar 1 was with Rovers!

I cocked up the City one !!! played against a massive lad called Devon White ! who went on to play for Rovers! he ruined me!

:(

Wed May 25, 2011 2:33 pm

placid-casual wrote:Annis back in my day Bristol Rovers did loads of Trials in South Wales!

I played for Cardiff Boys Barry Boys etc and the only Trials I had bar 1 was with Rovers!

I cocked up the City one !!! played against a massive lad called Devon White ! who went on to play for Rovers! he ruined me!

:(

Well well well i didn't know that about you Jules :lol: