Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How many players will we miss out on...

Tue May 24, 2011 6:21 pm

...because we drag out whether or not DJ is staying?

Looking at the list of free agents, I'd be well happy with quite a few of them.
Have we got anyone making approaches? Would players be put off by the uncertainty?

Surely we'd be better off resolving this sooner rather than later?

Re: How many players will we miss out on...

Tue May 24, 2011 6:23 pm

We shouldnt be signing players until a manager is brought in or they decided DJ is staying, with a limited budget we need to get onto these free agents.

I was thinking the same after seeing Murray who scored 22 goals for Brighton last season join Palace on a free, ive not seen him and dunno if he is anygood so not saying sign him but im sure the quick a manager is brought in teh quicker he can try for these free players.

Tue May 24, 2011 6:38 pm

Agreed. I know people say that there is still a lot of time left before the season starts, that is true but by the time we seem to look in the market most of the players have gone. The better players are always going to be snapped up at the earliest opportunity therefore the board needs to be making decisive decisions as to what their plans are for the future.

Whether it me a new manager or Dave Jones a quick decision will give them the time to identify tartgets and get them before they are no longer available.

It would be nice to hear something from the club soon regarding all the speculation.

We need to move forward and upwards ! :ayatollah:

Tue May 24, 2011 6:41 pm

Yeah get them in early so they can form a new drinking club and set up a new gambling syndicate.