Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Have you ever been a mascot for ccfc?

Tue May 24, 2011 2:40 pm

I was lucky enough twice in 88, against wolves and merthyr.

fav player was jimmy gilligan which was ok against wolves, but merthyr i ended up with nigel stevenson. random

oh and i took a penalty against barnet against half time and scored.

and was part of the team that was the original junior bluebirds that travelled to play tournements at crewe, and walsall, and bristol city and rovers and swansea and reading and notts county.

and i was ball boy on an empty grange end.

then back when the echo gave vouchers to get in for a quid and stuff? and remember the game in the fog? mansfield i think?

it all meant the world to me.

I guess my point is... we may have progressed since then, but back in the day the club gave a damn and captured me for life.

how many kids can say that now?..

i was one of the lucky ones that got in before it all went Corporate.

Re: Have you ever been a mascot for ccfc?

Tue May 24, 2011 2:42 pm

I havnt but my mate has against Chelsea in the 80's , he's still got the pic of him and Joe Dwyer running out with the team !

Tue May 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Dazzatim wrote:I was lucky enough twice in 88, against wolves and merthyr.

fav player was jimmy gilligan which was ok against wolves, but merthyr i ended up with nigel stevenson. random

oh and i took a penalty against barnet against half time and scored.

and was part of the team that was the original junior bluebirds that travelled to play tournements at crewe, and walsall, and bristol city and rovers and swansea and reading and notts county.

and i was ball boy on an empty grange end.

then back when the echo gave vouchers to get in for a quid and stuff? and remember the game in the fog? mansfield i think?

it all meant the world to me.

I guess my point is... we may have progressed since then, but back in the day the club gave a damn and captured me for life.

how many kids can say that now?..

i was one of the lucky ones that got in before it all went Corporate.

no but i was an unpaid maintenance man and dogsbody when we were skint :lol:

Tue May 24, 2011 4:52 pm

my son as been mascot twice ... 2009/10 season leicester home 2-1 win and swansea away this season 1-0 win... fantastic experience for kids!
IMG_1436.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue May 24, 2011 4:54 pm

i hope to have my 5 grandchildren to do it next season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 24, 2011 4:55 pm

AHERNE wrote:my son as been mascot twice ... 2009/10 season leicester home 2-1 win and swansea away this season 1-0 win... fantastic experience for kids!
IMG_1436.JPG

im going to take a wild guess...the boy in the cardiff top? :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue May 24, 2011 5:20 pm

He looks a lot like Bellamy. Who's the kid he's with though? :lol:

Tue May 24, 2011 5:21 pm

petesmeat wrote:He looks a lot like Bellamy. Who's the kid he's with though? :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Tue May 24, 2011 5:29 pm

AHERNE wrote:my son as been mascot twice ... 2009/10 season leicester home 2-1 win and swansea away this season 1-0 win... fantastic experience for kids!
IMG_1436.JPG

You have seven Jacks for children Aherne ? My god man why didn't you tell us you shagged your sister and ended up with that lot. Mind you that's a fine looking Lad in the City Top who must of inherited the looks of his Mother. :lol: :lol: Come on now Chief you wouldn't expect anything else from me would you :D

Tue May 24, 2011 5:30 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
IMG_1436.JPG

You have seven Jacks for children Aherne ? My god man why didn't you tell us you shagged your sister and ended up with that lot. Mind you that's a fine looking Lad in the City Top who must of inherited the looks of his Mother. :lol: :lol: Come on now Chief you wouldn't expect anything else from me would you :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue May 24, 2011 5:37 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
IMG_1436.JPG

no i wouldnt! :lol:

Tue May 24, 2011 7:32 pm

I was 4 times at Ninian,
In the 1980s vs Notts Cty (0-4), Southampton (1-3), Wrexham (1-2) and Fulham (1-4).

LOST THEM ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They never asked me again :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

So i decided to be a ballboy and was for 6 seasons at NP.