Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bothroyd hol/volcano ash

Tue May 24, 2011 11:52 am

Shame he went before the eruption as his holiday plans would've been wrecked, if he went say today :D

Hope he gets stranded for his 'next plans' and any other player who booked hols with out knowing we would be in wembley :twisted:

Re: Bothroyd hol/volcano ash

Tue May 24, 2011 12:17 pm

Im not overly comfortable with having a crack at Bothroyd. The guy has served us well and clearly coloured his shirt to the mast when asked. He certainly put Swansea in their place when they enquired as to his services.

The fact that he has not signed a new contract is not down to him. Had the appropriate offer been made I am sure he would have signed. As we he had we been in the sort of division that we should have been.

I do however have an issue with players who drink within 48 hours of a match or stay up late depriving their bodies of the rest that they need - and it is these players who are responsible for the clubs position.

Our team was never going to get promoted with 3 or 4 hard working players on the pitch. We need all 11 players - And all 11 players need to be fit and focussed all of the time.

Jay Bothroyd, in my opinion, deserves his holiday. There are some, however, who would be straight down the army training camp and put through their paces to get them mega fit for next season.

My referral to an Army Training Camp is a deliberate one. I find it somewhat repulsive that soldiers, some who are on little more than £20k per year, can get themselves fit enough to fight for several days at a time - yet professional footballers, on £15k per week cannot get themselves fit for 90 minutes!

Tue May 24, 2011 12:24 pm

Ok fair enough maybe I was being childish/bitter

Tue May 24, 2011 2:03 pm

dont think you were, bothroyd may of said the right things(what we wanted to hear / read )but on the pitch was useless after his england call up good ridance to the pr..k

Tue May 24, 2011 2:05 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:dont think you were, bothroyd may of said the right things(what we wanted to hear / read )but on the pitch was useless after his england call up good ridance to the pr..k

Have to agree with that but i don't really have a gripe with him compared to chops/bywater/samuel etc
Last edited by Daniel_PT_blues on Tue May 24, 2011 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 24, 2011 2:05 pm

I can confirm that Jay is not on holiday! He is not going to America until the end of next week, as he had planned to go after the play off final ! Whoever told Carl he had booked to go this week was mistaken!

Tue May 24, 2011 2:16 pm

agree about bwater/samuel not sure about chops i think his injuries didnot help gave him to much spare time to fall back into his bad old ways ,crying at wembley and making a stand at begining of season over not signing any players shows his commitment but he went of the rails again i would be inclined to give him 1 last chance :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 24, 2011 3:01 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:I can confirm that Jay is not on holiday! He is not going to America until the end of next week, as he had planned to go after the play off final ! Whoever told Carl he had booked to go this week was mistaken!

JAY IS ON HOLIDAY! he's confirmed it on twitter! :old: :lol:

Tue May 24, 2011 3:26 pm

Merlin wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:I can confirm that Jay is not on holiday! He is not going to America until the end of next week, as he had planned to go after the play off final ! Whoever told Carl he had booked to go this week was mistaken!

JAY IS ON HOLIDAY! he's confirmed it on twitter! :old: :lol:

He is still in the Uk, in London! He is going to Vegas and La next week!

Tue May 24, 2011 3:29 pm

HE HAS BEEN ON HOLIDAY SINCE JANUARY