Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

this family club malarkey is killing our club

Tue May 24, 2011 9:22 am

what is it with this family club nonsense?

kids turning up to play on a ps3 and not watch the team play.

people giving the holier than though attitude.

no atmosphere at the CCS other than from one or two stands. thankfully I'm in one of the stands

teams enjoy playing us whereas before they were intimidated.

the funny thing is, when Swansea go up, all these so called fans will be heading west to watch them play their premiership idols.

Millwall haven't become a family club, neither have Pompey, neither will west ham be this year or Birmingham.

Cardiff has lost almost everything it was known for. Passion, atmosphere, intimidation, hell hole of a place to visit and most of all vocal fans who weren't scared to show their true feelings.

basically, the club has become a mini version of modern britain tbf. people too scared for fear of repercussion.

not only do we have passionless ps3 players in the standa but we have passionless SOB's representing us on the pitch. No wonder the jacks are laughing, I would tbf.

so next season, let's get in players with heart, let's get vocal and not give a crap about anyone else because only one thing matters and that's Cardiff city fc.

Re: this family club malarkey is killing our club

Tue May 24, 2011 9:28 am

Yeahhhhh, let's fly Turkish flags at Leeds games and sing about gassing Jacks. Because that's a reasonable, human thing to do, isn't it? At least we'd have PASHUN though :|

Tue May 24, 2011 9:38 am

DaveSheffield wrote:Yeahhhhh, let's fly Turkish flags at Leeds games and sing about gassing Jacks. Because that's a reasonable, human thing to do, isn't it? At least we'd have PASHUN though :|

no one mentioned that but 95% of the ground doesn't even sing. They just sit their until our players make a mistake and then boo or start shouting insults. Its like they only become vocal when we're playing shit tbh. Where is the passion at other times?

it's definitely one of the reasons we do so poor when going behind because as soon as we do everyone starts getting pissy and becomes hostile towards our own team.

WE SHOULD BE HOSTILE TOWARDS THE OPPOSITION BUT INSTEAD THEY LIKE PLAYING US NOW.

what a club of fairies we've become. May as well have a big picture of tinkerbell or cinderella outside the stadium.

PATHETIC.

Tue May 24, 2011 9:41 am

We sold our soul chasing the corporate pounds.ninian was more than just a stadium,it was an identiy,one that we no longer have on our new health and safety temple

Tue May 24, 2011 9:53 am

The idea of the family stand is to get more younger fans coming to the club in what is perceived as a safer environment, that's not to say Ninian Park wasn't safe for familys but football had a really bad reputation not that long ago and a lot of people would be scared rightly or wrongly to take their kids to a football match. Remember the kids in the family stand are the future supporters of the club, they are the ones who want lots of the stuff from the club shop they will be the ones taking their lids to see the bluebirds in 20 years time. Not all the kids want to play on the PS3's my 2 are happy getting into the atmosphere and singing and chanting along and it is addictive. By the way I have been told that a few Permiership teams have been down to learn from us.

Tue May 24, 2011 9:53 am

moz-dublin wrote:We sold our soul chasing the corporate pounds.ninian was more than just a stadium,it was an identiy,one that we no longer have on our new health and safety temple

exactly, it's a disgrace tbh. Cardiff now doesn't seem the same as before. We've become an absolute joke and many fans just love it. The CCS at times is so quiet. I remember at the FA cup game Vs arsenal years back singing 'highbury is a library shhh' in all fairness, we're not far off that ourselves now, albeit 2 blocks.

the ps3s at the ground are the biggest joke known to football.

Tue May 24, 2011 10:33 am

James, honest question, when was your first year that you went to every game. I'm only 21, now on my 12th consecutive season ticket! I've spoken to my dad who has had a season ticket for every year since the 1970s, and trust me the atmosphere and that in the 80s and 90s was shite. For starters there were only 3k or 4k fans. Away we were outstanding, and still are though.

Tue May 24, 2011 10:38 am

At Ninian Park players were terrified of playing at that ground ,were could easily get into the pkayers heads & ruin their game. Remember Bennet from Wrexham in the 90's ,we pissed him off so much he lost his head & got sent off. Now you dare not say a word wrong ,gas a jack might be wrong but it gets to the players & disrupts their game.Ninian park where we had propper fans & not the cardboard cutouts that go now.

Tue May 24, 2011 10:38 am

We did have some amazing atmospheres down ninian....we also had some absolute shockers! just like the CCS.....

Tue May 24, 2011 11:08 am

Thats Modern Day Football Along With Modern Day Stadiums Now.

Tue May 24, 2011 11:21 am

Cinderella or Tinkerbell may do better than our current Manager, mind :lol:

Seriously though, I don't think the major problem is the atmosphere (although it has to improve) - the main problem (this year, especially) is that we've all known that we would get close but that Jones would ultimately bottle it! I couldn't believe it for the play-off semi-final game, how many faces around me I didn't recognise, as clearly the season ticket holders had not bothered to buy a ticket for the game - I went there knowing that we weren't going to get up, and that we'd either bottle it that night (or even worse at Wembley - which would have been worse!).

When we have a new Manager who brings us all belief next season, things will sort themselves out, mark my words!

Tue May 24, 2011 11:28 am

petesmeat wrote:James, honest question, when was your first year that you went to every game. I'm only 21, now on my 12th consecutive season ticket! I've spoken to my dad who has had a season ticket for every year since the 1970s, and trust me the atmosphere and that in the 80s and 90s was shite. For starters there were only 3k or 4k fans. Away we were outstanding, and still are though.

he's a liverpool fan, he's on BEBO in his liverpool shirt on, or as he calls it "the greatest shirt in the world".

Tue May 24, 2011 11:35 am

is that Malarky Mackay ???? :lol:

Tue May 24, 2011 12:23 pm

http://upload.bebo.com/c/photos/view?Me ... 4478021400

Oops, maybe it is fans like you who are killing the club? :lol:
I don't care about it really, I think the atmosphere is about the same, we all forget there were some proper quiet days at Ninian Park, I remember we only got 8700 for a Monday night game against Ipswich in DJ's second season. But for someone with a fairly recent Liverpool shirt on, for you to reminisce about Ninian Park is laughable

Tue May 24, 2011 1:12 pm

Xcasual wrote:At Ninian Park players were terrified of playing at that ground ,were could easily get into the pkayers heads & ruin their game. Remember Bennet from Wrexham in the 90's ,we pissed him off so much he lost his head & got sent off. Now you dare not say a word wrong ,gas a jack might be wrong but it gets to the players & disrupts their game.Ninian park where we had propper fans & not the cardboard cutouts that go now.

Think we overated the ninian effect, If players were terrified to play there why were we stuck in the lower division, surely if the opposition were terrified we would have had a better home record during the 35 years I have been a season ticket holder.
The atmosphere at Ccs has certainly not yet been as depressing as it had been at ninian in the past

Tue May 24, 2011 1:16 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:Yeahhhhh, let's fly Turkish flags at Leeds games and sing about gassing Jacks. Because that's a reasonable, human thing to do, isn't it? At least we'd have PASHUN though :|

Dont tell me that you dont secretly wish this? :shock:

Tue May 24, 2011 1:31 pm

my old man used to look back at the 1940's remenissing how life was better, you were getting bombed for f**k sake.

i love our new stadium'

yesterdays history.

tommorows a mystery

we only have today, and it's a gift

that's why we call it the present. :ayatollah:

Tue May 24, 2011 3:22 pm

these kids are the future of the club stop living in the dark ages ninian effect was a myth i been there and you can hear a pin drop the good old days are gone :old: :old:

Tue May 24, 2011 4:28 pm

Yes but now familys can go without being scared of getting attacked because te hooligan element is gone so youd prefer people getting stabbed outside if it meant we sang a few more songs i agree atmospheres shocking but how you describe its kind of pathetic

Tue May 24, 2011 4:35 pm

moz-dublin wrote:We sold our soul chasing the corporate pounds.ninian was more than just a stadium,it was an identiy,one that we no longer have on our new health and safety temple

Hit the nail bang on the head there my friend. :ayatollah:

Tue May 24, 2011 4:42 pm

People conveniently forget how quiet Ninian was the bulk of the time.

Tue May 24, 2011 4:45 pm

my son was 5 when i first took him and he`s been a season ticket holder since the age of 6 [5 seasons] ... are you saying i shouldnt have taken him until he was 18 so that i can get pissed and sing songs about swansea city every game! ...WELL F**K YOU CAUSE MY SON MEANS MORE TO ME THAN CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB! :evil:

Tue May 24, 2011 4:59 pm

jamesbarnett91 wrote:what is it with this family club nonsense?

no atmosphere at the CCS other than from one or two stands. thankfully I'm in one of the stands

the funny thing is, when Swansea go up, all these so called fans will be heading west to watch them play their premiership idols.

Millwall haven't become a family club, neither have Pompey, neither will west ham be this year or Birmingham.

Cardiff has lost almost everything it was known for. Passion, atmosphere, intimidation, hell hole of a place to visit and most of all vocal fans who weren't scared to show their true feelings.

basically, the club has become a mini version of modern britain tbf. people too scared for fear of repercussion.

not only do we have passionless ps3 players in the standa but we have passionless SOB's representing us on the pitch. No wonder the jacks are laughing, I would tbf.

so next season, let's get in players with heart, let's get vocal and not give a crap about anyone else because only one thing matters and that's Cardiff city fc.

sorry mate but you are truly misguided if you blame things on the family stand

Tue May 24, 2011 5:03 pm

AHERNE wrote:my son was 5 when i first took him and he`s been a season ticket holder since the age of 6 [5 seasons] ... are you saying i shouldnt have taken him until he was 18 so that i can get pissed and sing songs about swansea city every game! ...WELL F**K YOU CAUSE MY SON MEANS MORE TO ME THAN CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB! :evil:

same as my boy,and totally agree :ayatollah:

Tue May 24, 2011 5:05 pm

I BLAME SAM HAMMAN, it was he who wanted the new stadium.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue May 24, 2011 10:40 pm

I'm not guna lie, I had that top at 14 years old but have been watching Cardiff since 7. that's what having a liverpool supporting dad does to you but ive gone my own way since then and proud of doing so. I saw sense and support my home town club. bollocks to any other team. yes I did wear that stuff but I was a teen, didn't know any better. now my blood is blue and always has been.

I've been going city for 9 years and loved ninian.

I'm 20 now so have supported them since 11 years old. No one else in my family supports city which kind of explains why I used to wear that stuff.

Cardiff n proud til the day I die and that bebo account hasn't been accessed for yonks lol. Facebook and blogging are around now haha, jheez, haven't been on bebo for ages. did like it though, all the bitches mirin my aesthetics.

sorry 4 life story, cuurently on holiday n drunk n not coming home if jacks win.

Tue May 24, 2011 11:00 pm

AHERNE wrote:my son was 5 when i first took him and he`s been a season ticket holder since the age of 6 [5 seasons] ... are you saying i shouldnt have taken him until he was 18 so that i can get pissed and sing songs about swansea city every game! ...WELL F**K YOU CAUSE MY SON MEANS MORE TO ME THAN CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB! :evil:

no one said otherwise, I'm all for kids going to watch the match n support the team, theyre the future but some kids are ok the ps3s 24/7. WTF Is up with that?

Tue May 24, 2011 11:48 pm

jamesbarnett91 wrote:what is it with this family club nonsense?

suits the malaysian market mate

Wed May 25, 2011 12:12 am

Im not alone on this subject. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " WERE YOU SUPPORTING CARDIFF CITY BEFORE THE YEAR 2000 ? "
by Leighton James Dont Like uS ยป Tue May 24, 2011 5:15 pm

The post Sam Regime have taken the p'ss in every form possible, We have had the big dept Sam left drumbed in to us for years like a smoke screne to cover some shifty bolllllllllll'x, Take Cardiff City's new best friends Celtic?????? not happy with 6m worth of tallent in ledley , Mathews 4M, now openly sniffing out Bothroyed with Lennon having best seat in the house to do so, The 3M pluss bid by Hull for MCormack that Cardiff turned down but then WOULD strangely excepted 300.000 from Leeds a few months later???? Fact not opinion the worst bit of footballing business of all time period. Not to mention the Club charging our own youngsters to play on a shit pitch, and the biggest joke was CCFC winning the so called best Family Club, ha ha ha, no wonder Teams and Their Supporters are no longer HUMBLED when visiting Cardiff, the twelfth man is no more, the Club have taken the pulls out of the atmosphere and turned our Growl to a chirp aided by their Stewards tactics. Cant wait for the return of Sam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2011 7:39 am

I have a feeling when we play at Millwall, Leeds, Birmingham and West Ham next season, the last thing their fans will be thinking is "Wow, look at all the families there". Nor will they be down here when they look to their right at the fans closest to them in the Ninian Stand