Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Did City Give Dave Jones A Chance really ? "

Mon May 23, 2011 11:59 pm

Was he really allowed to express his quality , like he will at West Ham!

Re: Did City Give Dave A Chance really?

Tue May 24, 2011 12:01 am

i think he did show his quality, and it was not good enough.

Re: " Did City Give Dave Jones A Chance really ? "

Tue May 24, 2011 12:55 am

are you real? dave jones could spend millions and turn great players into shit. the bloke is limited,

Tue May 24, 2011 5:21 am

Daya wrote:Was he really allowed to express his quality , like he will at West Ham!

lets hope you get the chance to find out,take him,hes yours :ayatollah:

Tue May 24, 2011 6:05 am

he would struggle to get barcelona in the playoffs although in his defence avram grant would get barcelona relegated :lol:

Tue May 24, 2011 6:39 am

He thought Cardiff expectations were high - The hammers will be worse if anything

He may have to work for his money now

Tue May 24, 2011 6:40 am

steve davies wrote:he would struggle to get barcelona in the playoffs although in his defence avram grant would get barcelona relegated :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue May 24, 2011 6:47 am

Daya wrote:Was he really allowed to express his quality , like he will at West Ham!

You could give DJ the entire Chelsea first team squad and he would still f**k up FACT :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 24, 2011 6:59 am

Steve I dont think DJ has any quality, I been looking on some West Ham MB'S, most of their fans really dont want him :ayatollah:

Tue May 24, 2011 7:10 am

Dave Jones:

In the Transfer/loans market:

Can pull the rabbit out of the hat on occasion. The club has made money
on players like Roger Johnson, Chopra and Cameron Jerome. However, I
suspect that we are still 'in the red' quality wise as for every Johnson there
have been at least two or three Taiwo's. More recently and a damning indictment
have been f*cking Bywater and WHY bring Jason Brown here. Paying a lad just
to sit and watch the game?

Team Tactics/formations:

Only ever comfortable with that 4-4-2. Class players have been played out of position
or dropped sooner than him thinking outside the box to maximise our potential. More
damning is his total blind spot to that holding/defensive midfielder. Even more of a
disgrace given the complete capitulation of his defences on numerous occasions. The
fact that we practically NEVER come back to win a game once going behind says it all!!

Man Management:

Adam Matthews. I rest my case. Of course, if you are a Craig Bellamy or a Bothroyd you
have 'played at those higher levels' and immediately become immune to DJ's hair dryer
treatment.

Team motivation:

Throughout Jones' Cardiff days, our teams have failed time and time again when the chips
are down, when the game got testy, when the pressure was on. I do not believe we just
have a bunch of shithouse players. Thats bollocks? six years of cowards coming into the club?
no way!!.... I think its cos the opposition managers have read the signs re: certain games
and have sent their teams out fired up and willing to fight for each other. Jones lacks this
VITAL ingredient

Relationship with fans (the people who pay his wages):

He looks down his nose at Cardiff City supporters, arrogant beyond belief and will honestly
believe we were lucky to have him, as he is bigger than Cardiff City

Media/Press relationship:

Not a vital part of a managers make-up, but another area where he is just plain arrogant
and shite...

Yep.... Good luck West Ham

And good riddance to bad rubbish!!

Tue May 24, 2011 11:10 am

taffyapple wrote:Dave Jones:

In the Transfer/loans market:

Can pull the rabbit out of the hat on occasion. The club has made money
on players like Roger Johnson, Chopra and Cameron Jerome. However, I
suspect that we are still 'in the red' quality wise as for every Johnson there
have been at least two or three Taiwo's. More recently and a damning indictment
have been f*cking Bywater and WHY bring Jason Brown here. Paying a lad just
to sit and watch the game?

Team Tactics/formations:

Only ever comfortable with that 4-4-2. Class players have been played out of position
or dropped sooner than him thinking outside the box to maximise our potential. More
damning is his total blind spot to that holding/defensive midfielder. Even more of a
disgrace given the complete capitulation of his defences on numerous occasions. The
fact that we practically NEVER come back to win a game once going behind says it all!!

Man Management:

Adam Matthews. I rest my case. Of course, if you are a Craig Bellamy or a Bothroyd you
have 'played at those higher levels' and immediately become immune to DJ's hair dryer
treatment.

Team motivation:

Throughout Jones' Cardiff days, our teams have failed time and time again when the chips
are down, when the game got testy, when the pressure was on. I do not believe we just
have a bunch of shithouse players. Thats bollocks? six years of cowards coming into the club?
no way!!.... I think its cos the opposition managers have read the signs re: certain games
and have sent their teams out fired up and willing to fight for each other. Jones lacks this
VITAL ingredient

Relationship with fans (the people who pay his wages):

He looks down his nose at Cardiff City supporters, arrogant beyond belief and will honestly
believe we were lucky to have him, as he is bigger than Cardiff City

Media/Press relationship:

Not a vital part of a managers make-up, but another area where he is just plain arrogant
and shite...

Yep.... Good luck West Ham

And good riddance to bad rubbish!!

I agree entirely with all of this :ayatollah:

Tue May 24, 2011 11:13 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is this serious :?

Tue May 24, 2011 2:28 pm

is there such a thing as good rubbish

Tue May 24, 2011 4:32 pm

Yes he had his chance.He failed to deliver premiership football...which in the past I could have forgiven him for.......but in my opinion he has now......
lost the dressing room,whats left of it.
lost his way with tactics
his man management has cost us
his feud with the press has put pressure on him/the club and ultimateley the players ! especially at the end of the last 3 seasons.
Thanks for your efforts Dave, but I think its time for you to move on for your sake. but most of all for Cardiff city fc and its supporters.

Tue May 24, 2011 8:05 pm

Not really, we only gave him 6 years. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tue May 24, 2011 8:16 pm

always be known as the nearly man,sadly :roll: