Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

good for wales if swansea go up?

Mon May 23, 2011 9:31 pm

why? and im not having a go at the jacks here, whats good for welsh football if either one of us went up?, its not like we got a team of welsh players, is it because, more kids would be wearing there teams kits more than .manure. liverpool. if the respected teams went up?

Re: good for wales if swansea go up?

Mon May 23, 2011 9:35 pm

I'm not saying here that I want them to win, but it is arguable that if they get up, they will use the money to build a new academy which could produce youngters that could ultimately get Wales to a World Cup - those youngsters could otherwise be lost to Rugby or just fall through the net entirely.

Mon May 23, 2011 9:36 pm

f**k off you jack b*stard! Swansea has nothing to do with Wales!

Mon May 23, 2011 9:43 pm

the thought kills me, but i know it cant be bad for welsh football, we live in an area where all the eggs think there is only one sport in wales, what a kick in the teeth

Mon May 23, 2011 9:48 pm

rorkes drift wrote:the thought kills me, but i know it cant be bad for welsh football, we live in an area where all the eggs think there is only one sport in wales, what a kick in the teeth

so its not going to help welsh football. just, football is the no1 sport in wales :roll:

Mon May 23, 2011 9:51 pm

Anarch0 wrote:f**k off you jack b*stard! Swansea has nothing to do with Wales!

:lol: :lol: Well thats ok then cos half of this lot dont have any thing good to say about Wales. :lol:

Mon May 23, 2011 10:00 pm

Anarch0 wrote:f**k off you jack b*stard! Swansea has nothing to do with Wales!

i agree!! it has nothing to do with Wales expect for being the second biggest city....and the second highest business growth rate in the UK :roll: :roll:

Mon May 23, 2011 10:03 pm

I'm not a Jack and my life will be made a misery if they get up as I work with a lot of Jacks, but if they do use the money for an academy, then logic demands that I acknowledge that that fact could be good for Welsh football, as the youngters around such an academy will in all probability more likely play for Wales - FACT!

Does that mean I want them to win? No - but that would be one silver lining from such an eventuality, and its stupid to pretend that there aren't some positives to them winning for Wales - overall however, it could be bad for us, as we could lose a lot of fans in the western valleys (where I come from) to the Jacks - especially the younger ones, who will most likely just follow success.

But I do think that an argument can be made for it being good for Welsh football, however much the prospect of them winning is something we don't want to happen.

Mon May 23, 2011 10:06 pm

Die Walkure wrote:I'm not a Jack and my life will be made a misery if they get up as I work with a lot of Jacks, but if they do use the money for an academy, then logic demands that I acknowledge that that fact could be good for Welsh football, as the youngters around such an academy will in all probability more likely play for Wales - FACT!

Does that mean I want them to win? No - but that would be one silver lining from such an eventuality, and its stupid to pretend that there aren't some positives to them winning for Wales - overall however, it could be bad for us, as we could lose a lot of fans in the western valleys (where I come from) to the Jacks - especially the younger ones, who will most likely just follow success.

But I do think that an argument can be made for it being good for Welsh football, however much the prospect of them winning is something we don't want to happen.

this

Tue May 24, 2011 5:25 am

ninianblue wrote:why? and im not having a go at the jacks here, whats good for welsh football if either one of us went up?, its not like we got a team of welsh players, is it because, more kids would be wearing there teams kits more than .manure. liverpool. if the respected teams went up?

totally agree :ayatollah:

Sat May 28, 2011 1:16 pm

It would definitely be good for Wales and Welsh football. All of South Wales will be delighted.

Sat May 28, 2011 1:22 pm

NFFC2EuropeanCups wrote:It would definitely be good for Wales and Welsh football. All of South Wales will be delighted.

All of South Wales would be delighted if you took running jump off a cliff!

Sat May 28, 2011 2:43 pm

When Cardiff was going into the play offs I posted that it would be great to see a Welsh club in the prem, and most on here said YES ! , and so it would be, it would mean a Welsh team would be seen every week all over the world by millions of fans.
But now cos its the Swans and Cardiff didnt make it, its all, FK IT! I have never in all my life seen such a bad bunch if its not me or us then FK IT , thats the way City fans are.

Well its the Swans that may get into the prem now not us, so for the sake of my country the Swans is going to carry the Welsh flag into the prem, so I hope they get there and stay there, and help to carry the name of Wales to the world.

Sat May 28, 2011 2:45 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:When Cardiff was going into the play offs I posted that it would be great to see a Welsh club in the prem, and most on here said YES ! , and so it would be, it would mean a Welsh team would be seen every week all over the world by millions of fans.
But now cos its the Swans and Cardiff didnt make it, its all, FK IT! I have never in all my life seen such a bad bunch if its not me or us then FK IT , thats the way City fans are.

Well its the Swans that may get into the prem now not us, so for the sake of my country the Swans is going to carry the Welsh flag into the prem, so I hope they get there and stay there, and help to carry the name of Wales to the world.

woah..never seen such a patriotic welshman...do you have a bit of american in you? :lol:

Sat May 28, 2011 2:53 pm

I don't care anymore about welsh football.
I care about ccfc

I hope the scum lose 7.0
:ayatollah:

Sat May 28, 2011 4:33 pm

:lol: Its not just about Welsh football, its about Wales ! more people will know about it see it and maybe want to come a visit Wales.

Sat May 28, 2011 4:37 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:When Cardiff was going into the play offs I posted that it would be great to see a Welsh club in the prem, and most on here said YES ! , and so it would be, it would mean a Welsh team would be seen every week all over the world by millions of fans.

woah..never seen such a patriotic welshman...do you have a bit of american in you? :lol:[/qu

Well Prince Madoc of Wales , did fined the USA in around 1170

Sun May 29, 2011 10:29 am

welshcitydragon wrote::lol: Its not just about Welsh football, its about Wales ! more people will know about it see it and maybe want to come a visit Wales.

never heard so much rubbish in my life
so your saying joe bloggs from yorkshire will see the jacks in the pem on sky and says to himself i know il go to rhyl on my hols...ffs

Sun May 29, 2011 10:36 am

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote::lol: Its not just about Welsh football, its about Wales ! more people will know about it see it and maybe want to come a visit Wales.

so your saying joe bloggs from yorkshire will see the jacks in the pem on sky and says to himself i know il go to rhyl on my hols...ffs

you do realise that blackpools tourism levels and business levels have increased massively since they've gone up don't you? if that happens with Swansea itll mean more money spent which means the WAG will have more money to use.

premiership football doesn't only benefit the club, but the city which inevitably means the country will benefit too.

maybe if Swansea go up the WAG will be able to buy them houses and they can get rid of their caravans. About time the poverty in Swansea was addressed.

Sun May 29, 2011 10:40 am

jamesbarnett91 wrote:
MAESTEG BLUE wrote:

you do realise that blackpools tourism levels and business levels have increased massively since they've gone up don't you? if that happens with Swansea itll mean more money spent which means the WAG will have more money to use.

premiership football doesn't only benefit the club, but the city which inevitably means the country will benefit too.

maybe if Swansea go up the WAG will be able to buy them houses and they can get rid of their caravans. About time the poverty in Swansea was addressed.

im all for reducing poverty in jackland thats why the price of smack and glue needs to be slashed