Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

nighmare living in port talbot

Mon May 23, 2011 3:54 pm

im taking a bit of stick at the momeant where i work not from the port talbot jacks mainley from a few jacks who come from swansea im the only city fan there know compared to the twenty of us who used to work together the rest have left as the years have gone by lucky for me i drive a lorry so dont spend to much time with them .but over the last few years its been mainley people from swansea that have taken up jobs when they come up typical of our town that we have got to give them work to feed d them but like i keep telling them idont mind you giving me stick has long has you can take it back

Re: nighmare living in port talbot

Mon May 23, 2011 3:57 pm

you will have plenty of oppurtunitys to give it back when reading f**k them up mate

Mon May 23, 2011 4:15 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:Same here mate,i work in the DVLA aswell,full of the cunts

my brother works there as well mate

Mon May 23, 2011 4:16 pm

moz-dublin wrote:you will have plenty of oppurtunitys to give it back when reading f**k them up mate

belive you me mate i will dont worry about that

Mon May 23, 2011 4:33 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:
Daniel_PT_blues wrote:Same here mate,i work in the DVLA aswell,full of the cunts

my brother works there as well mate

It's a fuckin nitemare pal,they haven't won fuk all yet though hope us Neath/PT lot can have the last laugh it's the least we deserve

I'm from the Neath area and work in Swansea!!!!!!

At least there are a few bluebirds who work with me - but its not pleasant at the moment.

A week today and things might look very different.

Mon May 23, 2011 4:33 pm

i went to port talbot once,
i didnt like it

Mon May 23, 2011 4:35 pm

what they keep saying his when they go up thats all you get out of them .most of them dont go every week anyway but like i said to one today i hope you do go up it will be good riddance to you he was quiet shocked by that .proud to come from port talbot proud to follow the bluebirds

Mon May 23, 2011 5:03 pm

Its a big wheel mate.

Mae Dduw yn cysgu ddim - God doesnt sleep!

Mon May 23, 2011 6:04 pm

Dont worry mate, next Monday night, Neath and Port Talbot will be rocking when the f*cking inbreds get battered by Reading :ayatollah:

Mon May 23, 2011 6:07 pm

Please change your Avitar that one makes me want to wretch :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon May 23, 2011 6:09 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Please change your Avitar that one makes me want to wretch :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haha,i was looking for a new 1 the other day funnily enough,couldnt find 1 the rite size though

Mon May 23, 2011 6:12 pm

There is one Jack working with me in the steelworks who's bragging he has two tickets for Monday and yet by his own admission he has never watched the swans at home or away since they built the liberty.But he did say he has been shopping in TKmax on several occasions.

Mon May 23, 2011 6:12 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Please change your Avitar that one makes me want to wretch :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haha,i was looking for a new 1 the other day funnily enough,couldnt find 1 the rite size though

Put that one up on eBay Chief after all should be worth as quite a fortune due to it being very rare as he aint sat on his lazy Arse :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon May 23, 2011 6:30 pm

:ayatollah: :lol:

Mon May 23, 2011 7:03 pm

Really don't know what the problem is, you claim that Neath and Port Talbot is mainly blue so you shouldn't be getting that much stick. ;)

Tue May 24, 2011 8:14 am

It is lad.the point thats being made is that port talbots cardiff fans are there through thick and thin.we dont emerge when theres a glory match like our inbred neighbours

Tue May 24, 2011 9:59 am

moz-dublin wrote:It is lad.the point thats being made is that port talbots cardiff fans are there through thick and thin.we dont emerge when theres a glory match like our inbred neighbours

Very true mate...the only thing worse than a jack is a plastic 1

Tue May 24, 2011 9:00 pm

Jack wrote:Really don't know what the problem is, you claim that Neath and Port Talbot is mainly blue so you shouldn't be getting that much stick. ;)

port talbot is blue just everyone down here jumping on band wagon the main problem is that jacks who come from swansea who work in ourtown because they got no work in there so called big city trying to give us stick the ones who work with me havnt hadley been all seaon but like i tell them when my time comes hope they will be able to take it back

Wed May 25, 2011 11:49 am

cardiff 74 wrote:
Jack wrote:Really don't know what the problem is, you claim that Neath and Port Talbot is mainly blue so you shouldn't be getting that much stick. ;)

port talbot is blue just everyone down here jumping on band wagon the main problem is that jacks who come from swansea who work in ourtown because they got no work in there so called big city trying to give us stick the ones who work with me havnt hadley been all seaon but like i tell them when my time comes hope they will be able to take it back

Here's a quid - go and buy some punctuation you f*cking retard.

PT blue? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed May 25, 2011 1:17 pm

PT Blue but full of Jack plastics? I've not seen such utter wank on display since Mark Walton graced the Ninian (most of you won't know who he is, 'cos your well hardcore). You clearly don't drink on Station Rd or know many of the 'fans' of both clubs that do, because otherwise you would full well know this...

MOST of Cardiff's support in PT has been generated from their own 'bandwagon' in the last 10 years. This is not so much to do with Cardiff's success, but indeed more their relative position in comparison to the Swans whose 'dark days' presided around 8-10 years ago.

Pretty much every single Cardiff fan I know personally from Port Talbot has been an armchair fan at absolute best up until the last couple of years. Before then, they either didn't give a shit at all and were all 'hardcore' Man Utd / Liverpool fans taking regular trips to Old Trafford and Anfield, members of the Supporters Associations etc., or they would 'look out' for Cardiff's results on the TV before MOTD.

However, supporting PL clubs is an expensive business for PT folk, especially when a big part of going to the football is a 'day out with the boyos, innit'. In the last decade Cardiff have predominantly spent their time in a higher league than the Swans, and as they slowly started seeing glimpses of hope of potential success from the millions upon millions of pounds thrown at the squad during this era these 'fans' started to become a little more interested. However, this was not before they could be seen on the North Bank cheering on 'Nick Cusack's / Johnny Hollins' Barmy Army' (I know quite a few I could name and shame, but won't).

As it stands, most of them consider themselves to be 'hardcore' bluebirds when in reality their regular attendance streches back to uhhh.... oh yeah that's right, the playoffs in 2003. Well hardcore. Some of them think they are pwopa nowty by now too.

This is nothing more than a sad, bitter, thinly veiled 'I wish we took that many people to Wembley last year' thread which offers nothing other than show that PT Bluebirds are as contradictory as football fans come. Win or lose Monday I couldn't give a flying f**k because I can genuinely say that I am proud of my club for giving me one of the most enjoyable seasons in my lifetime. I just hope that if we do go up, all you PT bluebirds stick to the bandwagon you jumped onto in 2003.

Then again, I imagine you'll be down the Liberty to watch the Scousers and Mancs, sitting in the home end 'but under cover... promise'

Your manager is a joke, your 'squad' is a joke, your club is a joke, your support is mostly a violent, braindead joke, and your stadium will be the biggest joke when your 'hardcore' support don't bother turning up because you don't like the manager, or because you haven't spent enough money in the summer, or because your not competing at the very top of the league.

You may be fans of Cardiff City FC, but you are most definitely not supporters of that club.

STID

Wed May 25, 2011 1:24 pm

The only pt jack worth his salt for loyalty is betty jackal.are you a baglan boy std ?

Wed May 25, 2011 1:39 pm

Perhaps you should pay an unnanounced visit to PT this Saturday Moz... There will be a few 'Bluebirds' drinking in one of the Market Tavern / Spoons / Welcome / Grand, cheering on 'the boys'. You'll be able to spot them no problem, they'll either be the ones in Man Utd scarves/shirts/hats, or the Scousers wanking over Barca's football and hoping Utd get smashed.

That's how big a fan of the Bluebirds they are... they give a shit who wins the CL final. Well Hardcore.

Baglan? You're having a laugh son. Everyone in PT knows I'm a Sandfields Jack through and through, I just don't need to have a load of kids/hangers-on following me around like Betty does. They are no better an advert for our club than the Soul Crew are for yours. Every club has idiots, its just you lot are the ones who complain and feel hard done by when ours come out to play.

Wed May 25, 2011 2:55 pm

And play is all yours do.they play at being football fans when you have a sniff of success

Wed May 25, 2011 3:48 pm

Moz, we both had regular crowds of less than 3-4 thousand 10 years ago, for either Jacks or Bluebirds to pretend otherwise is pure folly. We both may have enjoyed far larger crowds during the 50s/60s/70s but that was more due to the fact that football in them days was a proper working class sport, not like it is now where the working classes are being priced out of the game.

Speaking for myself, I can honestly say I was in regular attendance (ST holder) on the North Bank during this time, which was incidentally one of the lowest points in our history. Did you used to be one of the few at Ninian freezing cold and soaking wet on a cold winter Tuesday night when no-one else cared? Did you used to bother going to Northampton, Darlington, Carlisle, York, Exeter, Barnet, Leyton Orient, Rotheram etc. week-in, week-out when no-one else bothered?

If you did, then fair play to you, you are obvioulsy a true supporter. If not, then you are just like all the rest and can be considered a 'bandwagon-jumper' yourself.

Tell me, where did the rest of the 20-25,000 attendance at CCS come from if not from jumping on the CCFC bandwagon at the first sign of success?

Clubs gain and lose support based on little more than relative success. Do you honestly think 20 odd thousand people would bother with CCFC if they were playing in the Conference or lower? Of course not! The same can be said for any club, including the so-called 'big boys'.

Fringe areas of support outside of the respective cities (PT, Bridgend, Newport, Porthcawl, Barry, Maesteg, Pencoed etc.) have ALWAYS been SPLIT in terms of their support for Swansea or Cardiff. Not one of these towns has EVER been entirely, or even majorly supporters of one club or the other. The closest PT has EVER come to being 'All White' or 'All Blue' was during the years that Toshack took us up. When we fell from grace and it was Cardiff's turn to enjoy some relative success, more Cardiff fans sprung up. This is the nature of things, ce la vie.

After all, Mmost people start to support a club because its the club supported by elder family members, or friends. Most fans don't study the entire history of every club inside out, then make a considered decision as to who to support - I doubt you did either. Therefore, for you to criticize PT Jacks for being 'plastic' or 'bandwagon-jumpers' is highly contradictory and quite frankly, utter nonesense.

Most people are 'floating' supporters who will soon dissapear when the shit hits the fan (you will see this sooner rather than later with the way things are at CCS - look at the number of threads on CCMB stating they would throw away or refund their ST next season if Dave Jones is still in charge - true fans right there for you!)

Just face the facts boyo - the Swans are currently riding on the crest of a wave, and their fans are embracing it. Should they get to the Promised Land, lots of these new fans / bandwagon jumpers will get hooked and become regular fans, eventually ST holders and hooked for life. The same has happened to you when you got the FA Cup Final (difference being you lot were duped into buying ST tickets for next season by a criminal, thus keeping your attendances figures high).

Instead of whinging on about the fact that the Swans are currently the best team in Wales, you lot should be celebrating the fact you've had a tidy season (especially given all the initial off-field problems). Unfortunately for you lot since the Sam Hammam / Ridsdale days of over-spending on has-beens and never-was', you have ideas about your station, and nothing other than 'top two' is good enough. As a direct result of your greed and continuous early-season boasting of how you would run away with the league, you face a summer of doom and gloom merchants trawling your boards and a lot of negativity should your Malay board decide that its time to start fresh, re-build and treat next year as a season of consolidation.

If you must be a sad and bitter keyboard warrior, at least have the good grace and dignity to post something that even semi-resembles an education and a knowledge of the region / area you speak of.

Wed May 25, 2011 4:02 pm

a girl asked me to kiss her were its smelly once. so i took her to port talbot :(

Wed May 25, 2011 4:03 pm

a girl asked me to kiss her were its smelly once. so i took her to port talbot :(

Wed May 25, 2011 4:30 pm

waltermity wrote:a girl asked me to kiss her were its smelly once. so i took her to port talbot :(

I read it the first time, and it wasn't funny then either.

Wed May 25, 2011 4:51 pm

I have suffered many years of shite as a cardiff fan and must admit that i prefered the shitty games in div 4 etc.
True we have gained new supporters thru success but how can you claim that the cup final led to greater attendances when this seasons average has been the same without us having to buy season tickets to get cup final tickets.a very weak argument there mate.
When you lose the final and are at home to doncaster on a tuesday it will be interesting to see if you get anywhere near the massive 19k record you hold.
It seems that you have allowed yourself to be swept up in the tsunami of delusion that is spewing from the mensa stronghold of your pretty shitty city

Wed May 25, 2011 4:59 pm

hardcoreptblueturdultraplastic wrote:PT Blue but full of Jack plastics? I've not seen such utter wank on display since Mark Walton graced the Ninian (most of you won't know who he is, 'cos your well hardcore). You clearly don't drink on Station Rd or know many of the 'fans' of both clubs that do, because otherwise you would full well know this...

MOST of Cardiff's support in PT has been generated from their own 'bandwagon' in the last 10 years. This is not so much to do with Cardiff's success, but indeed more their relative position in comparison to the Swans whose 'dark days' presided around 8-10 years ago.

Pretty much every single Cardiff fan I know personally from Port Talbot has been an armchair fan at absolute best up until the last couple of years. Before then, they either didn't give a shit at all and were all 'hardcore' Man Utd / Liverpool fans taking regular trips to Old Trafford and Anfield, members of the Supporters Associations etc., or they would 'look out' for Cardiff's results on the TV before MOTD.

However, supporting PL clubs is an expensive business for PT folk, especially when a big part of going to the football is a 'day out with the boyos, innit'. In the last decade Cardiff have predominantly spent their time in a higher league than the Swans, and as they slowly started seeing glimpses of hope of potential success from the millions upon millions of pounds thrown at the squad during this era these 'fans' started to become a little more interested. However, this was not before they could be seen on the North Bank cheering on 'Nick Cusack's / Johnny Hollins' Barmy Army' (I know quite a few I could name and shame, but won't).

As it stands, most of them consider themselves to be 'hardcore' bluebirds when in reality their regular attendance streches back to uhhh.... oh yeah that's right, the playoffs in 2003. Well hardcore. Some of them think they are pwopa nowty by now too.

This is nothing more than a sad, bitter, thinly veiled 'I wish we took that many people to Wembley last year' thread which offers nothing other than show that PT Bluebirds are as contradictory as football fans come. Win or lose Monday I couldn't give a flying f**k because I can genuinely say that I am proud of my club for giving me one of the most enjoyable seasons in my lifetime. I just hope that if we do go up, all you PT bluebirds stick to the bandwagon you jumped onto in 2003.

Then again, I imagine you'll be down the Liberty to watch the Scousers and Mancs, sitting in the home end 'but under cover... promise'

Your manager is a joke, your 'squad' is a joke, your club is a joke, your support is mostly a violent, braindead joke, and your stadium will be the biggest joke when your 'hardcore' support don't bother turning up because you don't like the manager, or because you haven't spent enough money in the summer, or because your not competing at the very top of the league.

You may be fans of Cardiff City FC, but you are most definitely not supporters of that club.

STID

I'm 23 and supported city since the late 90's i couldnt give a flyin f**k about any PL clubs to be honest i've only ever supported cardiff