Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Martin o'neill

Mon May 23, 2011 2:40 pm

Martin has been linked with the Cardiff job if Dave Jones does go apparently. I have heard that they have been negotiating since before the first leg against reading. Pulled this of a site.

23 May 2011 15:09:45
Neil Lennon to leave Scotland after the past season of abuse and trouble. Rumours linking him to a managerial post with ex boss Martin O'Neill.

Sounds good to me experience from Martin and determination from Neil could be a good move? What you think?
:ayatollah:

Re: Martin o'neill

Mon May 23, 2011 2:45 pm

I can't see Neil Lennon wanting to be a assistant manager again.

Mon May 23, 2011 2:45 pm

Lennon has said the other day he's glad desmond is offering him a new contract and that he doesnt want to leave celtic.....if we bagged o neill it woyuld be bigger than bellamy!!! sadly i cant see it :(

Mon May 23, 2011 2:49 pm

I can't see it happening either, but I dothink they are the sort of people Cardiff need to be looking for.

Mon May 23, 2011 2:50 pm

Can't see it happening. O'Neill is apparently unable to take up any new manager positions until his dispute with Villa is sorted out. Even when that is sorted I still can't see him coming here. Non starter for me although I would love to be proved wrong. Curbishley seems the most likely appointment IF jones leaves. I have a feeling O'Neill would want a lot of money probably more than Jones did. Good if it happens though!

Mon May 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Totally agree, someone that shows their emotions and it full of passion.

We fans need to see that the manager is going through the same things as we are, something we can relate to.

Mon May 23, 2011 3:05 pm

Agree with you 100%. Think we could use a couple of players feeling like that too.

Mon May 23, 2011 6:10 pm

Another posting that Martin is in talks to become Cardiff manager, once DJ is either sacked or resigns.

Intresting

Mon May 23, 2011 6:41 pm

cant see it we got no money he would want millions hope im wrong :ayatollah: