Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: STICKY : " Sunday MAY 22nd 2011 UPDATE "

Sun May 22, 2011 9:52 pm

Great update thanks for all of them this season and in advance for the future ???

So are you sating Heaton missed games, not because of injury but because he lost his confidence ????

Sun May 22, 2011 9:56 pm

I always thought Jay would go, but why arent the club doing more to keep Burkey???

Sun May 22, 2011 10:17 pm

great update carl, from a true Neath/Skewen Bluebird :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 10:33 pm

If DJ stays it will be ridiculous!
City till I die tho! :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 10:33 pm

Wayne S wrote:Two questions...

Which Welshman has been in Alan Curbishley's backroom staff and why was Bothroyd booking holidays BEFORE the season may have been over.

Must be just me and you Wayne,wondering why Jay booked a holiday weeks ago :roll:

Carl thanks again for these updates :ayatollah: Looking forward to next season mate ;)

Sun May 22, 2011 10:36 pm

Thanks for that Carl. A lot to think about there.

Sun May 22, 2011 11:10 pm

A few players that will not be part of the retained list that is handed to the FA tomorrow, the retained players list has to be presented to the FA no more than 4 days after the club's last game, will be Jay Bothroyd, Chris Burke and Gavin Rae. Bothroyd went off on his holiday on Friday, which was booked weeks ago he did not have a last minute deal, will not be offered a new contract by the club and the same I am told is the situation for Chris Burke, the club have no intention of making a last ditch attempt to keep hold of these 2 players.

Carl you said above Bothroyd booked his holiday weeks ago and went on Friday. How did he know we wern't going to get to the playoff final :?

Sun May 22, 2011 11:15 pm

canton blue wrote:A few players that will not be part of the retained list that is handed to the FA tomorrow, the retained players list has to be presented to the FA no more than 4 days after the club's last game, will be Jay Bothroyd, Chris Burke and Gavin Rae. Bothroyd went off on his holiday on Friday, which was booked weeks ago he did not have a last minute deal, will not be offered a new contract by the club and the same I am told is the situation for Chris Burke, the club have no intention of making a last ditch attempt to keep hold of these 2 players.

Carl you said above Bothroyd booked his holiday weeks ago and went on Friday. How did he know we wern't going to get to the playoff final :?

This is exactly what I am waiting to hear too.........How come Bothroyd booked his holidays weeks ago,not knowing what the end of the season holds? :evil:

Sun May 22, 2011 11:25 pm

Good update. Shame about Burkey :(

Mon May 23, 2011 1:25 am

Excellent post Carl and a lot of pent up anger from you methinks!!

Like you, I have been a supporter of Dave Jones over his six-year tenure and I have vehemently defended his record on this Message Board. However, this post does appear to finally dispel ANY doubts that the dressing room (and increasingly the support) has been irrepairably lost

It pains me to say it but as I trust your information and YOUR sources, I can only conclude from this article (and I leave myself open to a few "I told you so's" from SOME on here :roll: ) that it would be best for all concerned if there was a parting of the ways between manager and club. Aditionally, I would say that a number of players who have been disrespectful to the club and its supporters through their actions prior to the Middlesbrough game and beyond, should also be shown the door (either by cancellation of contract or via sale)

I cannot for one minute try to comprehend Jay Bothroyd's actions. No wonder he switched off for the last few months if he was already 'sorted' with another club!! As for the holiday booking?? Well, let's just say he has again been disingenuous to the hands that feed him (but we should be used to that, eh??)

Time for a 'clean sweep' at management and playing levels. I don't know who will take over IF Dave Jones goes BUT I would suggest that Terry Burton, Craig Bellamy and maybe Kevin McNaughton be used in any assessment of who has or has not let the club down on or off the field this season

For the money they were on (albeit we left ourselves open by signing too many 'loan' players) too many have been absolutely disgraceful and should hang their heads in shame!!

Keep 'em coming, Carl....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 23, 2011 2:33 am

carlccfc wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Good update Carl, lots of thoughts I'll post later but one quick question. Do you think Sam is Langston or just representing them?

representing them Luke :ayatollah:

Thanks Carl :ayatollah:

My belief is it always been him, either way publically none of it adds up to me.

Mon May 23, 2011 2:38 am

Also let's remember if the club was run correctly Carl would have no updates, it would all be in house.

No way a dig at Carl but if anyone says he shouldn't give this info out then i say question how he got it?
Top bloke Carl :ayatollah:

Mon May 23, 2011 5:35 am

cheers carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 23, 2011 7:08 am

cheers Carl and it does make you wonder if the players wanted the play off Final at all if you consider Bothroyd booked his holiday prior to the Reading matches , how many other players have also booked holidays and DIDNT want the play offs ??? Anyway Im glad that the updates will continue ...... sad to hear that Heaton is a bottler coz he has potential to be a good keeper , Bye-Bye Byewater is shite and whoever sanctioned this loan deal needs shooting IMO . What has Jason Brown done wrong not to get a game , and would the other loanees have benefitted from a reserve team ?? Olli was class at times BUT only when Ramsey played alongside him .

On another note I would like to thank Burkey and Rae for their efforts over the past 2 or 3 years and will be missed but City have to move on now and rebuild on and off the pitch :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

ps

JET I am never going to " piss off " from Cardiff so I suggest you re think your atitude if you ever wish to wear the blue shirt again :twisted:

Mon May 23, 2011 7:41 am

I felt quite nauseous to tell you the truth when reading a lot of that. Made me envious of other clubs who's players would bust a gut to win, and show appreciation.

All I cna offer is that us fans get a new manager, and an intake of players who really want to do well.

However I have to be realisitic to be aware that possibly our best chance has gone seeing the make up of the division for next season.

Us :old: city fans (well for the early 70's) must wonder if we'll ever see top flight football in the capital.

Maybe just maybe next time around, we will get the complete compliment of mamangement, players, luck and committment.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 23, 2011 8:28 am

Forever Blue wrote:
welsh_wallace wrote:is there likeky to be a reserve team or just an u21 side. excellent update tho fella

We Desperately Need a Reserve team.

i completely agree, in this day and age and being as high up through the divisions, we expect our team to be playing a lot of games and also expec t the players to be fit and fresh but 1st and formost you expect them to be ready. In nmy opinion tha\ts what reserve teams are for

Mon May 23, 2011 9:14 am

Thanks Carl

Mon May 23, 2011 10:15 am

Not just a great update Carl, but a great thread with great contributions from everyone :ayatollah:

That's why AAMB is the best place on the internet to get your fix of CCFC info and opinion :D

Throughly enjoyed reading this one.

Mon May 23, 2011 11:05 am

Great Update Carl and i think you did the right thing in not revealing the drinking and late night antics of some of the players until after the Season had finished.

Like yourself i have been a supporter of DJ and was convinced that we would go up this Year and we came so close as just an extra 4 points and a few more goals would have seen us in the Premiership :( However some of our players just didn't want it and with their late night/early morning drinking prior to the Middlesboro game let the Club the Manager and most importantly us supporters down and for that i can never forgive them. :twisted:

It pained me to see JLS appear against Reading because in my opinion after the Middlesboro game he should never of worn a Bluebirds shirt again and Chopra should also have been given a final warning and right now i would seriously consider selling him for the best price we can get because he clearly doesn't have the Club at heart.

With regards to DJ i think is time is up it's obvious he cannot control certain players and maintain discipline and once again he loses the dressing room at a vital time of the Season. He has also had 6 years at the Club and although he has taken us close it doesn't look like he can take us that final step so thanks for all you have done Dave and goodbye.

With regards to the future we have to move heaven and earth to keep Bellamy because without him i think the future is bleak next season the division is going to be a lot stronger and unless we strengthen considerably we are going to struggle to even get Top 6 and the dreaded Play Offs again.

So it's over to the Malaysians if they really want Premiership football then they are going to have to spend some money and i don't mean on ridicolus wages to over paid Prima Donnas :twisted: First off we need to pay off/get rid of Dave Jones then we need a good quality Manager someone with hunger who can bond a team and team spirit with players who are prepared to give 100% every game. To me Curbishley is not the right type i would like to see Gus Poyet (let's face it we have more potential than Brighton and i am sure we could offer higher wages) or Di Matteo or although i dislike him immensely Neil Warnock would be my preferred choice.

On the playing side our back 4 looks OK with Quinn, Blake, Hudson, Kenian, Gerrard and Super Kev, apart from Whitts who i would definitely keep we have no midfield and we will need two wingers a goal scoring cental midfielder and a midfield enforcer and if we decide to keep Oli i would only do so if he his prepared to accept a realistic wage.

Up front Bellamy is essential and i would get rid of Chops and bring in Earnie as back up we are then going to need a targetman with a decent touch and at least another back up.

I really do fear that having watched City for over 40 years the last 2 Seasons have been our best chance of Premiership football and we blew it on both occasions and it maybe a while before we are back in the same position :old:

Finally thanks to DJ for taking us far as he could and especially for taking us to the FA Cup final and also to Gavin Rae who never give less than 100% and Burkey who will be sadly missed and leaves some great memories :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 23, 2011 2:44 pm

Carl my friend,

Great update as ever. However, I spent most, if not all of it getting angrier and angrier and getting more and more pissed off. I find it baffling, incredible, unbelievable (insert own word here) that these players would treat us, the fans in such a terrible way. Don't know where to start really. However, let's get rid.

As has been said before, they are a disgrace and have never apologised. Prima f*cking donnas. The lot of em. Why do we bother!!!!!

Sad to see Burkey go. Always gave his all. Not something that Jay and others could have been accused of. Anyway, awaydays at Brighton, Southampton (should be fun!!!!) Blackpool, Birmingham and West Ham to look forward to.

Future looks bright. Without one Mr Dave Jones of course. C u next season.
:ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D

Mon May 23, 2011 3:16 pm

You idiots love Burke so much be he drink more often than all others except Chopra.

With Manager saying fans are stupid, media are wrong I am not surprised that the players did not feel part of the club.

The main question you should all ask yourself is if main investor feels part of the club or is Sam Hamman wanted back so much? The same man the made the debt and is the largest creditor the club has.

Some of you really deserve what you get when you are so stupid. I hear the saying be careful what wish for and that is true.

Why would main investor be the only one putting in money but having only 40%?

Maybe Annis put in money next :o :lol:

Mon May 23, 2011 3:27 pm

Who the f**k are you to call me an idiot you cheeky c**t! just because i liked burke and respected the way he worked for the team.....you are a PRICK!

let me guess? you are one of them from over there who comes on here to try and get banned, then you can go running off being all "hard" i got banned look at me!

COCK!
Last edited by CraigCCFC on Mon May 23, 2011 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon May 23, 2011 3:27 pm

New postby Tan The Man ยป Mon May 23, 2011 4:16 pm
You idiots love Burke so much be he drink more often than all others except Chopra.

LMAO you haven't got a clue, stop posting rubbish, you don't know ANYTHING so go away hahahaha

Mon May 23, 2011 5:47 pm

Tan The Man wrote:You idiots love Burke so much be he drink more often than all others except Chopra.

With Manager saying fans are stupid, media are wrong I am not surprised that the players did not feel part of the club.

The main question you should all ask yourself is if main investor feels part of the club or is Sam Hamman wanted back so much? The same man the made the debt and is the largest creditor the club has.

Some of you really deserve what you get when you are so stupid. I hear the saying be careful what wish for and that is true.

None of the posters on here are Idiots :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I Respect Everyones Opinions and You Should as well :ayatollah:

Mon May 23, 2011 5:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Tan The Man wrote:You idiots love Burke so much be he drink more often than all others except Chopra.

None of the posters on here are Idiots :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I Respect Everyones Opinions and You Should as well :ayatollah:

this poster is that champions or whatever his name is surely

Mon May 23, 2011 6:08 pm

CARL,
Fantastic update, really informative. Thank you for keeping the fans in touch.

Mon May 23, 2011 6:14 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Good update Carl, lots of thoughts I'll post later but one quick question. Do you think Sam is Langston or just representing them?

representing them Luke :ayatollah:

Thanks Carl :ayatollah:

My belief is it always been him, either way publically none of it adds up to me.

I still believe it's Hamman and his family.

Don't trust Sam one bit and for that reason I wouldn't like to see him return.

Mon May 23, 2011 7:25 pm

You racist vermin. Go and join the EDL for all you're worth.

Tue May 24, 2011 11:13 am

Hi Carl , just to clarify that Jay did not book his holiday for this week and he is not currently away! He us in fact going to the USA next week and still does not know where he will be signing but he is distraught to be leaving us!

Sun May 29, 2011 1:56 am

Really interesting read. I think it was a disgrace for athletes to go out on the piss before important games im under the impression they thought they where up. One player in particualar got me riled about this matter and thanks for stating who the culprits where. Stephen Bywater was the biggest mistake signing ever imo he cant even get into the derby first side never mind ours.He is absolutley dreaful imo. I would have rather have put a youth keeper in goals for the playoff semis because after all Bywaters just on loan so what does he care if cardiff went up or not ??

Also what is the situation with Jones will he stay or will he go ?? i really hope bellamy comes back to Cardiff as maybe a player coach that role we need some fire amongst the staff behind the scenes imo. Also is there any truth in sam hammam being linked with the club running the football side of things are these FACTS or speculation ??? i do hope City can fetch some more youngsters through for the new season. And as much as im still a fan of Jones curbishley would dissapoint me if he took over however if houghton came in that would make me a happy man but then again he could be a flash in the pan. I also hope Burton stays with the club !!

I am glad that Rae has gone as he was on the bench coining it also for the record it doesnt matter what lge we are in we are still the g8est team in the LAND Blooooobirds

PS btw i did post this in one of Carl Curtises threads on facebook on my new fb account AND NO REPLY LOL either hes an ignarent bugggeeerrr or he just disagrees with me LOL EITHER WAY BLUE ARMY glad that i finally sussed out how to get back on this forum as i had trouble with passwords and emails etc !!! :ayatollah: