Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: STICKY : " Sunday MAY 22nd 2011 UPDATE "

Sun May 22, 2011 8:16 pm

Jenks wrote:Cannot we get Dave to mow the grass instead of paying him off if he wont go cheaply, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

very good point, it maybe that we have to employ him, and pay him the wage that has been agreed, BUT does that me we have to use him as a manager ???

we could use him outside of match days painting and cleaning the stadium. even bog duties :D
match day put him in one of the food outlets :D

Sun May 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:I don't usually post but i am an avid fan of this forum mainly due to 'Carls Updates' but not leaving out the banter and Annis 'opinions' :lol:

Carl - I would personally like to thank you for your information over the course of the year. It has brought real insight into the football club that i love. There have been moments where people thought that these updates could destabilise the club. My argument would simply be if the club had it's own house in order then the 'bad news' wouldn't materalise.

I've watched this forum grow from the early stages and it's maturing into not just a 'fans forum' but a genuine link between us and the club. Well done to Annis, Gwyn, Carl and co on the strides made made towards achieving this and the support towards securing our future with the Young Guns and Academy.

Here's hoping to a fresh start under a new regime and i look forward to watching players next season proud to be wearing the shirt.....hopefully as proud as i am every Saturday following the Mighty Bluebirds.

Thankyou :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
You've made me blush :lol:
But without All Our Great Members, This Forum would not have become so Successful :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 8:29 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
stickywicket wrote:DJ on a rolling contract and noone thought to give him 1 years notice last year.
f**k me i posted this fact on here several times.
I thought the directors read this messageboard.

It's a messageboard. Why would directors bother to read it?

Dave, TG and Steve Borley do :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Also DJ did :lol:

Sun May 22, 2011 8:30 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:I don't usually post but i am an avid fan of this forum mainly due to 'Carls Updates' but not leaving out the banter and Annis 'opinions' :lol:

Carl - I would personally like to thank you for your information over the course of the year. It has brought real insight into the football club that i love. There have been moments where people thought that these updates could destabilise the club. My argument would simply be if the club had it's own house in order then the 'bad news' wouldn't materalise.

I've watched this forum grow from the early stages and it's maturing into not just a 'fans forum' but a genuine link between us and the club. Well done to Annis, Gwyn, Carl and co on the strides made made towards achieving this and the support towards securing our future with the Young Guns and Academy.

Here's hoping to a fresh start under a new regime and i look forward to watching players next season proud to be wearing the shirt.....hopefully as proud as i am every Saturday following the Mighty Bluebirds.

Thank you for your comments and you are right if the house was in order then . . . . . . :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 8:34 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Cracking update Car.l 1/ Why was Heaton a bag of nerves? When he had been playing so well ? But it astounds me that those players got off scott free. And to be honest i dont want to see any of them in a City shirt again. Chopra is the only player left to stay. Has he apologised to the players for his part and remember this is twice he has got off scott free. Whats more why hasn't he apologised to the fans ? IMO Chops should be sold to the highest bidder i have lost all respect for him. I Have said this since the Boro game and my mind hasn't been changed since .

totally agree chops has to go no respect for the club or fans :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 8:35 pm

Carl, who do you think will succeed Dave Jones?

Cheers :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 8:36 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
stickywicket wrote:DJ on a rolling contract and noone thought to give him 1 years notice last year.
f**k me i posted this fact on here several times.
I thought the directors read this messageboard.

It's a messageboard. Why would directors bother to read it?

We were led to believe every man and his dog read this message board.
It wasn't Risdale on his own who was incompetent..
Like has been said tonight it's commonsense to give someone whose
on a rolling contract yearly notice.
Truth is we are stuck with DJ.
All this crap about him not talking to the local press is nonsense.
A barrister like the one QPR had would make mincemeat
Of our board of directors.

Sun May 22, 2011 8:37 pm

Woody CCFC wrote:Carl, who do you think will succeed Dave Jones?

Let's get rid first :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 8:41 pm

The revelation that Chopra, Bothroyd, Bywater and JLS were the individuals drinking before the 'Boro game typifies our season, too many on-loan players and egotistical squad members on contract who really couldn't give a damn about the club. Improvement next season please!

Sun May 22, 2011 8:47 pm

Great post :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 8:50 pm

be cheaper for the club to hire a hitman than pay that Jones C**t off......

Sun May 22, 2011 8:51 pm

Outstanding report Carl. Pity what you say about Heaton. He looked the business at Preston, but he did lose it big time when they hit the post in the first half. To be honest, he was lucky not to get a red, as he grabed the ref by the shoulders :shock:
Would still want him to stay though. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 8:53 pm

fantastic update carl and thanks for keeping us all informed as they say onward and upwards :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 8:53 pm

carlccfc wrote:

I hope I am wrong but I got this bad feeling cos he is too thick skinned to care he's not wanted here he and will still be in charge next season as the board wont pay him off.

800k is a drop in the ocean to bring the right man in and lead you to £90 million in a years time!! :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 8:54 pm

Two questions...

Which Welshman has been in Alan Curbishley's backroom staff and why was Bothroyd booking holidays BEFORE the season may have been over.

Sun May 22, 2011 9:00 pm

bluebirds80 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

I hope I am wrong but I got this bad feeling cos he is too thick skinned to care he's not wanted here he and will still be in charge next season as the board wont pay him off.

800k is a drop in the ocean to bring the right man in and lead you to £90 million in a years time!! :ayatollah:

Why do we have only thick skinned employees at our Club ?

Sun May 22, 2011 9:00 pm

Wayne S wrote:Two questions...

Which Welshman has been in Alan Curbishley's backroom staff and why was Bothroyd booking holidays BEFORE the season may have been over.

Llewellyn Charles "Alan" Curbishley
must have Welsh roots :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 9:01 pm

Pointless Barnet wrote:The revelation that Chopra, Bothroyd, Bywater and JLS were the individuals drinking before the 'Boro game typifies our season, too many on-loan players and egotistical squad members on contract who really couldn't give a damn about the club. Improvement next season please!

Two of them were our own Players though. But to put it in a nutshell this incident cost us promotion and not one of those Twats have said sorry.

Sun May 22, 2011 9:03 pm

can we sue the drunks for breach of contract

Sun May 22, 2011 9:03 pm

is there likeky to be a reserve team or just an u21 side. excellent update tho fella

Sun May 22, 2011 9:04 pm

welsh_wallace wrote:is there likeky to be a reserve team or just an u21 side. excellent update tho fella

We Desperately Need a Reserve team.

Sun May 22, 2011 9:08 pm

Wayne S wrote:Two questions...

http://www.bcfc.com/page/BackroomStaffT ... 38,00.html

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20070702/ ... 84_1142769

Try this guy Nick Davies :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 9:09 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Outstanding report Carl. Pity what you say about Heaton. He looked the business at Preston, but he did lose it big time when they hit the post in the first half. To be honest, he was lucky not to get a red, as he grabed the ref by the shoulders :shock:
Would still want him to stay though. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

think he is a good player and that even if hisbottle went this season, being a young lad with all that pressure its not a huge surprise as wasnt this his 1st full season as a 1st teamer. good learning curve and what doesnt kill yas only makes ya stronger. ditch him now and it could kill the kids confidence for good, lets do right and give him another chance

Sun May 22, 2011 9:14 pm

davdil wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Good update Carl, lots of thoughts I'll post later but one quick question. Do you think Sam is Langston or just representing them?

Langston is Sam & Ron Noades

Can we quote you on that,a lot of people have made a lot of assumptions but you are one of the few to know the facts, where did you get the details from? and do they own half each, if you put your phone number up here you could earn a good few quid from the media for passing on your information, well done fella for finding out the facstya nd sharing them with the rest of us. :old:

Sun May 22, 2011 9:18 pm

The Street name just a coincidence then carl :lol:[/quote]
Yes :D :lol:[/quote]

The Street name is Rudgewick!!!

Sun May 22, 2011 9:19 pm

BigGwynram wrote:The Street name just a coincidence then carl :lol:

Yes :D :lol:[/quote]

The Street name is Rudgewick!!![/quote]
Steve is on about the USA Gwyn :lol:

Sun May 22, 2011 9:29 pm

welshdougie wrote:be cheaper for the club to hire a hitman than pay that Jones C**t off......
8-)

Sun May 22, 2011 9:32 pm

thank you for a very informative update carl.

Sun May 22, 2011 9:36 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Pointless Barnet wrote:The revelation that Chopra, Bothroyd, Bywater and JLS were the individuals drinking before the 'Boro game typifies our season, too many on-loan players and egotistical squad members on contract who really couldn't give a damn about the club. Improvement next season please!

Two of them were our own Players though. But to put it in a nutshell this incident cost us promotion and not one of those Twats have said sorry.

Nukes, the picture you have as an aviator hangs on my wall in a five foot by four foot version taking pride of place, luvs it. :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 9:43 pm

GREAT UPDATE CARL :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: