Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: STICKY : " Sunday MAY 22nd 2011 UPDATE "

Sun May 22, 2011 7:32 pm

i was a f*cking bag of nerves at the end of the season..............but i still turned up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun May 22, 2011 7:33 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Good update Carl, lots of thoughts I'll post later but one quick question. Do you think Sam is Langston or just representing them?

Langston is Sam & Ron Noades

Sun May 22, 2011 7:33 pm

Don't fancy Curbs to be honest.

Carl, what do you thin VT & TG are going to do about the playing side next season. The squad is down to bare bones. Do you think they are going to invest in players or use the loan market again?

Sun May 22, 2011 7:34 pm

Thanks for a most informative update Carl; Those players who brought shame and a premature end of the season to our Club should never wear our shirt again! :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 7:36 pm

WHERE IS BURKE GOING CARL ????????

Sun May 22, 2011 7:36 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Good update Carl, lots of thoughts I'll post later but one quick question. Do you think Sam is Langston or just representing them?

I think it's obvious from the options Carl stated who Langston is.

Sun May 22, 2011 7:39 pm

Very interesting update Carl. Will see what the next three days bring and then focus on the other things :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 7:40 pm

Thanks very much Carl for the long awaited update it was certainly worth it.Lets hope DJ is gone this week as this familiar pattern happens every year regarding the dresing room.We also have to get rid players like chops who couldn't give 2 fecks about us or the club, He is bad egg to have around the place.
We need a new manager,Backroom staff, Fresh ideas etc etc.I would keep Burton and connelly. and remove wilko,margetson. and that so called fitness coach Alex Armstrong.

Sun May 22, 2011 7:42 pm

I don't usually post but i am an avid fan of this forum mainly due to 'Carls Updates' but not leaving out the banter and Annis 'opinions' :lol:

Carl - I would personally like to thank you for your information over the course of the year. It has brought real insight into the football club that i love. There have been moments where people thought that these updates could destabilise the club. My argument would simply be if the club had it's own house in order then the 'bad news' wouldn't materalise.

I've watched this forum grow from the early stages and it's maturing into not just a 'fans forum' but a genuine link between us and the club. Well done to Annis, Gwyn, Carl and co on the strides made made towards achieving this and the support towards securing our future with the Young Guns and Academy.

Here's hoping to a fresh start under a new regime and i look forward to watching players next season proud to be wearing the shirt.....hopefully as proud as i am every Saturday following the Mighty Bluebirds.

Sun May 22, 2011 7:43 pm

Bowmonster wrote:Thanks very much Carl for the long awaited update it was certainly worth it.Lets hope DJ is gone this week as this familiar pattern happens every year regarding the dresing room.We also have to get rid players like chops who couldn't give 2 fecks about us or the club, He is bad egg to have around the place.
We need a new manager,Backroom staff, Fresh ideas etc etc.I would keep Burton and connelly. and remove wilko,margetson. and that so called fitness coach Alex Armstrong.

Agree :ayatollah: :ayatollah: fitness coach my ass.

Sun May 22, 2011 7:44 pm

Bloody Hell, Chops and Bothroyd were tweeting from Soda's so who are they trying to kid!

A sorry tale Carl which was borne out by much of what we witnessed on the pitch. The talent was there, the control and management clearly wasn't. I suppose these are very wealthy young men who need to be kept in check, who need to know that there are sanctions, that none of them are bigger than the club. They don't care about Cardiff City like we do, they don't support the club, they collect huge pay cheques and love drinking and womanising, who wouldn't, but there's a price to pay. Clearly there was a total lack of respect for the manager and the fans by several players. I just don't get why most of them can barely be bothered to look in our direction and clap, let alone come over to us after away games. Our support was incredible all season. Why would they not feel compelled to do that automatically, why should Terry Burton have to assure us that that will change next year? The whole team's attitude, mindset, respect, discipline, comradery, responsibility, desire, determination will have to change dramatically if we are going to have a cat in hell's chance of promotion whoever is managing us.

I'm not excited by Curbishly and from that read I'm even more convinced we need a Sam Allardyce type figure, someone who'll put the fear of God into some of them. Respect and discipline are where it starts. Curbishly has been out too long and his entire CV is what he did at Charlton Athletic years ago. Not what we need in my view.

Thanks for your views. Left me feeling a bit sad to be honest and very let down by the players. Change is vital if we are to progress.

1,500 views within 30 minutes. Very impressive.

Great update Carl. Well done.

Cannot we get Dave to mow the grass instead of paying him off if he wont go cheaply, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 7:45 pm

g8 update carl keep up the good work m8 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers Carl great update :ayatollah: hopefully the manager situation gets sorted soon, hughton would be a good appointment i'm not a huge fan of curbishley but he has the experience and has got to be better than what we have now.

carl

with all the support that dave jones has had from the malaysians and the likes of yourself this season i find the fact that he cannot resign and walk away without fleecing the club for another undeserved pay out disgusting.

as i said in an earlier post him and ridsdale were thick as thieves and protected each other and in my opinion when one went the other should have followed.

Jones has picked up wages and bonuses over the last few seasons that some premiership managers could only dream of and this particular season has performed in a manner that has embarrased our club no end.
he has brought the term chokers and doing a cardiff to the media masses due to the inept managment and ability to discipline his highly paid primma donna squad.

The amount of time the players have had off from training between the beginning of march and the boro game is amazing.
I understand that the senior players( which is mainly all of them as we dont have young ones) have been very critical of the preperation being put into place prior to matches.
anyone who has visited the vale will see terry burton coaching the players whilst the manager watches from the side prior to hitting the golf course.
This manager does not spend time watching our opponents play prior to games as he has the attitude of let the oppossition worry about us.
The other main problem is his stubborness and vindictiveness he shows to players who cross his path quinn, gerrard and matthews to name a few .
two of those players had bit parts in the season and most of us would have liked to have seen gerrard in our back four especially these last few weeks. i know gerrard came back overweight but he had already been told he would not play for us again by the manager prior to the play off final.
The club needs to sweep clean in my opinion and by that i mean bring in a new chief executive as well as a manager. Gethins inexperience in football has been exposed by jones and he has basically run rough shod over him this season as well as all other aspects of the club.
lets hope the malaysians learn quickly from this season and appoint someone who has a footballing background with players and management and as an example a howard wilkinson type figure
the under 21 team is a massive plus as far as im concerned because if there is still to be no reserve team then at least they can have weekly matches against the first team squad which will benefit the youngsters and the players returning from injury.
next week is another pivotal time in the future of the club lets hope we dont get let down as we have been in the previous three weeks.

Sun May 22, 2011 7:46 pm

TAXI for jones !!! :lol:

Sun May 22, 2011 7:47 pm

Crackin updates throughtout the season carl ive enjoyed them thanks mate :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 7:47 pm

representing them Luke :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 7:49 pm

carlccfc wrote:

the street name just a coincidence then carl :lol:

Sun May 22, 2011 7:53 pm

Carl, two questions:

1) Was Heaton actually struggling with injury as we were led to believe?

2) Was Hudson fit for both semis?

I find it amazing that his previous blue eyes would be left out in two massive games. especially as he played him same time last year when it was obvious to everyone Gerrard should have started.
For the record he should have started as he is much improved this season

Sun May 22, 2011 7:53 pm

top read butt,
some things i have concerns over but will read it again then ge in touch :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 7:59 pm

steve davies wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

the street name just a coincidence then carl :lol:

Yes :D :lol:

Sun May 22, 2011 7:59 pm

Very informative post
:ayatollah: lets hope everthing settles down and lets look to a new season next year with a lot of positives instead of negatives. :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 8:01 pm

stickywicket wrote:DJ on a rolling contract and noone thought to give him 1 years notice last year.
f**k me i posted this fact on here several times.
I thought the directors read this messageboard.

It's a messageboard. Why would directors bother to read it?

Sun May 22, 2011 8:02 pm

Carl, i have asked b4 mate, do you know or have any idea to which club Chris Burke might be going to ??? rae is off to aberdeen, bothroyd to everton, burke to ???? thanks

Sun May 22, 2011 8:03 pm

Jenks wrote:Cannot we get Dave to mow the grass instead of paying him off if he wont go cheaply, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Hey, that's not a bad idea. His ego couldn't cope with being belittled in such a way and would be bound to resign.

Sun May 22, 2011 8:11 pm

moonboots wrote:
Jenks wrote:Cannot we get Dave to mow the grass instead of paying him off if he wont go cheaply, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Hey, that's not a bad idea. His ego couldn't cope with being belittled in such a way and would be bound to resign.

And then sue for constructive dismissal...

Sun May 22, 2011 8:13 pm

It seems to me that Dave Jones doesn't give a f**k about this club or us fans, he's just in it for himself and the sooner he resigns or gets sacked the better because I have lost all patience and confidence in him :evil:

Sun May 22, 2011 8:13 pm

Cracking update Car.l 1/ Why was Heaton a bag of nerves? When he had been playing so well ? But it astounds me that those players got off scott free. And to be honest i dont want to see any of them in a City shirt again. Chopra is the only player left to stay. Has he apologised to the players for his part and remember this is twice he has got off scott free. Whats more why hasn't he apologised to the fans ? IMO Chops should be sold to the highest bidder i have lost all respect for him. I Have said this since the Boro game and my mind hasn't been changed since .