Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jones and the youngsters

Sun May 22, 2011 4:19 pm

I agree Jones does not give youth a chance, Ramsey a case in point however when you look at the players he released Fleetwood,Jacobson,Brown,Mcgennis they have hardly cut the mustard at lower league clubs and Wildig didn't pull up any trees in Scotland.therefore was it Jones or is the scouting system and academy staff not up to it given that a player we released a few weeks ago has gone to Man Utd.Time will tell on Matthews who started promisingly but did cost us a few goals

Re: Jones and the youngsters

Sun May 22, 2011 4:54 pm

I agree, the kids that he has let go have done nothing. Loads on this board were up in arms when Josh Maggenis was released - but where is he now, what has he done last season?
None of them had the potential to succeed in a highly competative league.

Give Jones some credit for seeing these players every day and from the reports from his coaching staff, he has to make a judgement call for the benefit of the club. It's cruel and not a pleasant thing to do - but that's football.

For me his "judgement" calls on these players were spot on. Expect more to be released soon - thats football.

Sun May 22, 2011 4:55 pm

not their fault! they didnt have much game time

Sun May 22, 2011 5:04 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:not their fault! they didnt have much game time

They have elsewhere without any great success

Sun May 22, 2011 5:07 pm

Taffs Well Blue wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:not their fault! they didnt have much game time

They have elsewhere without any great success

wildig got f**k all games at Hamilton and was homesick, he also set up the winner against the jacks with a great header to chops, and scored his first at a 5-1 defeat in newcastle. For me he has potentiol. As i understand Jarvis didn't have many games at southend but i think he has potentiol. Blake as we know has improved since his loan move to plymouth. Meades dunno and Farah i think is captain of the u18 sqaud, so has potentiol :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 5:09 pm

hes never given any of them a chance ...thats why we got an academy for fucks sake to use them .

Sun May 22, 2011 5:18 pm

Ask yourself this.....

Why didn't Wildig and Jarvis get much game time at Hamilton and Southend ...... because they were homesick??? I don't think so...... just not good enough