Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How do you contain MESSI???

Sun May 22, 2011 4:15 pm

After seeing the job Savage, put in on man marking tarbaat out of the game, (QPR V DERBY), anyone hazzard a guess what MAN U player could do the same to the worlds greatest footballer??

just a thought.

Re: How do you contain MESSI???

Sun May 22, 2011 4:33 pm

snap the fuckers legs!!! we are talking bout rooney right ;)

Sun May 22, 2011 5:10 pm

If Messi is on song, no one can contain him :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 5:11 pm

Ji Sung Park is going to be played to man mark him the whole game.

Sun May 22, 2011 5:13 pm

Man marking Messi = more space for Iniesta and Xavi :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 5:15 pm

Anarch0 wrote:Man marking Messi = more space for Iniesta and Xavi :ayatollah:

agreed but Iniesta and Xavi usually feed Messi or play triangles. I can see Park doing a job on Messi and Iniesta or Xavi setting up Pedro for the winner.

Sun May 22, 2011 5:18 pm

Why? when is he playing against us, and when he does I am sure Jones will have a cunning plan
:D :D :D :D :D

Sun May 22, 2011 5:24 pm

I don't think you can one man mark him. Real had 3 on him most of the time and he still got away from them.

Manure will try to soak up the pressure and hit them on the break. I so hope Barca smash Manure big time. To be fair Manure had a buy through to the final after getting that German pub side. If football was fair then it should have been a Barca v Real final. Pooney and co can just do one and stay back in that shit hole they call manchester.

Sun May 22, 2011 5:31 pm

Gavin rae and naylor tag team

Sun May 22, 2011 5:37 pm

My opinion is when playing Barcelona, you have to play with a back 3, a guy man to man marking Messi following him around everywhere, but still have a 5 man midfield with a lone striker. You have to stop them playing, and although Dani Alves gets down the right, if you have 3 centre backs they should be able to deal with any crosses coming into the box. Who exactly is going to power in a header for Barca off a cross? It's pointless playing with full backs against them in my opinion, just shut them down through the middle, force them to work the ball wide, then deal with the crosses. If Pedro, Messi etc try cutting in from wide, they will have 5 midfielders waiting to nullify them.

Sun May 22, 2011 5:41 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:My opinion is when playing Barcelona, you have to play with a back 3, a guy man to man marking Messi following him around everywhere, but still have a 5 man midfield with a lone striker. You have to stop them playing, and although Dani Alves gets down the right, if you have 3 centre backs they should be able to deal with any crosses coming into the box. Who exactly is going to power in a header for Barca off a cross? It's pointless playing with full backs against them in my opinion, just shut them down through the middle, force them to work the ball wide, then deal with the crosses. If Pedro, Messi etc try cutting in from wide, they will have 5 midfielders waiting to nullify them.

you make it sound so simple.

why didn't you tell Jose?

Sun May 22, 2011 5:49 pm

jamesbarnett91 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:My opinion is when playing Barcelona, you have to play with a back 3, a guy man to man marking Messi following him around everywhere, but still have a 5 man midfield with a lone striker. You have to stop them playing, and although Dani Alves gets down the right, if you have 3 centre backs they should be able to deal with any crosses coming into the box. Who exactly is going to power in a header for Barca off a cross? It's pointless playing with full backs against them in my opinion, just shut them down through the middle, force them to work the ball wide, then deal with the crosses. If Pedro, Messi etc try cutting in from wide, they will have 5 midfielders waiting to nullify them.

you make it sound so simple.

why didn't you tell Jose?

Well obviously setting your team up tactically is one thing, but actually stopping them is another! But I believe you need to set yourselves up against them to flood the middle to stop Xavi, Iniesta and Busquests from playing, if you stop those 3, then the supply for Messi gets cut off. However, they're all world class players and could just play triangles and pass the ball around you, but if you don't at least try to flood the middle to stop them, there's no hope in my opinion.

Sun May 22, 2011 6:12 pm

1. Don't give him space.
2. Never stand off him.
3 Always let him make the first move.
4. Never dive in.

Things that defenders in La Liga just don't do.

Bring him to the Championship on a cold, wet, rainy, tuesday night in the middle of the winter, then you'll see if he's as good as people make out.

Sun May 22, 2011 6:17 pm

A clean jam jar with air holes pierced in the lid would contain him.

Not sure if you'd be allowed mind?

Sun May 22, 2011 6:27 pm

Bluebird1993 wrote:1. Don't give him space.
2. Never stand off him.
3 Always let him make the first move.
4. Never dive in.

Things that defenders in La Liga just don't do.

Bring him to the Championship on a cold, wet, rainy, tuesday night in the middle of the winter, then you'll see if he's as good as people make out.

Dont be silly :lol:

Sun May 22, 2011 6:30 pm

jammsy 1927 wrote:Why? when is he playing against us, and when he does I am sure Jones will have a cunning plan
:D :D :D :D :D

:lol: :lol:

Recall for Naylor! :shock:

Sun May 22, 2011 8:56 pm

Thanks to all that replied to this thread....

I get the picture, lol.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: