Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UK's Iraq campaign end

Sun May 22, 2011 12:02 pm

I think we should all give the forces an :ayatollah: for putting their lives on the line for helping to put more money into the politicians pockets, joining an illegal war and getting more oil. Well done to all the forces :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: UK's Iraq campaign end

Sun May 22, 2011 12:13 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:I think we should all give the forces an :ayatollah: for putting their lives on the line for helping to put more money into the politicians pockets, joining an illegal war and getting more oil. Well done to all the forces :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

they do what they are ordered to do. what a ridiculous post. f**k off to ireland if you dont like the armed forces or the way this country is run.

Sun May 22, 2011 12:22 pm

lugg89 wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:I think we should all give the forces an :ayatollah: for putting their lives on the line for helping to put more money into the politicians pockets, joining an illegal war and getting more oil. Well done to all the forces :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

they do what they are ordered to do. what a ridiculous post. f**k off to ireland if you dont like the armed forces or the way this country is run.

wtf you on about, im not slating the forces you prick im joining them in a couple of months. Its the greedy politicians i dont like :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sun May 22, 2011 12:24 pm

i think you may want to re-word what youve written there fella

Sun May 22, 2011 12:26 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:

agreed

Sun May 22, 2011 12:29 pm

as it wont let me edit it.

I'm not slating the forces, I;m thanking them, what probaly pissed Lugg off or whats ever its name is, was when I said "heliping put money into politicians pockets" right I didn't exactly mean that. As most may now I'm joining the Army so I wouldnt exactly make friends if I slated the Army. Its the politicians I dislike, and no Lugg I dont like the way this country is being run.

THIS THREAD WAS A BIG THANK YOU TO THE ARMY AND A SLIGHT SLATE AT THE GOVERNMENT (yes I know it started under Labour) SO PLEASE DONT TAKE IT THE WRONG WAY :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 12:32 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:

THIS^^^

We wouldnt have a misunderstanding then would we. I hate nothing more than people slagging off the forces. Good luck if you are joining them chief. Much respect.

Sun May 22, 2011 12:33 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:as it wont let me edit it.

I'm not slating the forces, I;m thanking them, what probaly pissed Lugg off or whats ever its name is, was when I said "heliping put money into politicians pockets" right I didn't exactly mean that. As most may now I'm joining the Army so I wouldnt exactly make friends if I slated the Army. Its the politicians I dislike, and no Lugg I dont like the way this country is being run.

THIS THREAD WAS A BIG THANK YOU TO THE ARMY AND A SLIGHT SLATE AT THE GOVERNMENT (yes I know it started under Labour) SO PLEASE DONT TAKE IT THE WRONG WAY :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

good man now dont forget the Royal Navy and the Royal Air Force aswell.

Sun May 22, 2011 12:33 pm

lugg89 wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

THIS^^^

We wouldnt have a misunderstanding then would we. I hate nothing more than people slagging off the forces. Good luck if you are joining them chief. Much respect.

As I said absolute nothing against the Armed Forces and I'm rather pissed off at the cuts they are facing :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 12:34 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:

yea when i mean army i include both royal navy and RAF, cause when I mean army i mean the ENTIRE package. But they have done a class job aswell :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 12:38 pm

i even worded the title wrong :roll: should ve said "Uk ends Iraq campaign" :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 12:42 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

yea when i mean army i include both royal navy and RAF, cause when I mean army i mean the ENTIRE package. But they have done a class job aswell :ayatollah:

bang on mate, now you get an :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 12:42 pm

the :ayatollah: is for the armed forces not for me ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 12:47 pm

Joining the armed forces today is alot more difficult than it was when I joined up 30 years ago. I am not talking about how dificult it is to get in which from what I understand is alot more these days but I'm going on about if it is the right thing to do. When I joined there was a big communist threat so there was no conscious questions asked. Today it is totally different as it is a popular believe that the war we are involved in today should have not been started in the first place, that it the Iraq war. Is it illegal or not is for another debate but the fact that debate is there questions the morality of joining the forces today.

There will always be a need for our armed forces. You just never know what is around the corner. Would I join up today if my time came around again? Unlike 30 years ago when I had no problem with it today it would really be a question of consciousness and I think my answer to that is no.

Sun May 22, 2011 12:49 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Joining the armed forces today is alot more difficult than it was when I joined up 30 years ago. I am not talking about how dificult it is to get in which from what I understand is alot more these days but I'm going on about if it is the right thing to do. When I joined there was a big communist threat so there was no conscious questions asked. Today it is totally different as it is a popular believe that the war we are involved in today should have not been started in the first place, that it the Iraq war. Is it illegal or not is for another debate but the fact that debate is there questions the morality of joining the forces today.

There will always be a need for our armed forces. You just never know what is around the corner. Would I join up today if my time came around again? Unlike 30 years ago when I had no problem with it today it would really be a question of consciousness and I think my answer to that is no.

Well the Armed Forces was always a plan B for me, I wanted to do carpentry but I didn't like it, behind on work etc. :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 12:51 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Joining the armed forces today is alot more difficult than it was when I joined up 30 years ago. I am not talking about how dificult it is to get in which from what I understand is alot more these days but I'm going on about if it is the right thing to do. When I joined there was a big communist threat so there was no conscious questions asked. Today it is totally different as it is a popular believe that the war we are involved in today should have not been started in the first place, that it the Iraq war. Is it illegal or not is for another debate but the fact that debate is there questions the morality of joining the forces today.

I still remember the day it was announced an enquiry was going to be conducted on the war in Iraq and i felt sick to my stomach knowing the idea I may have taken part in something illegal. I know I wasnt the one making the big decisions and only doing my job, but it still kicks you in the balls sometimes.

Sun May 22, 2011 12:52 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Well the Armed Forces was always a plan B for me, I wanted to do carpentry but I didn't like it, behind on work etc. :ayatollah:

As I said I would not join up today because I dont need to. I wont judge you if you join up because this society cannot give you what you are wanting to do. Come to think of it I joined up because it was the only thing on offer that I wanted to do, get involved in electronics. I'm just glad when I join there was not this conscious things hanging over the armed forces.

Sun May 22, 2011 1:09 pm

agreed :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: