Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Will you just stop?

Sun May 22, 2011 9:25 am

Recently, I saw a few Cardiff fans on the Cardiff/Swansea banter page were poking fun at the kid who got trampled on by horses. Someone told me is that they would do the same, but I am yet to see one about one of ours. if you are doing this, can you just stop for heavens sake? You're no better than Millwall (I think they were the team poking fun at the lads who were killed in Turkey).

Re: Will you just stop?

Sun May 22, 2011 10:02 am

There is a word in your post which stands out to me and that is banter, which is all it is. Everybody says things about everything. Look at Terry having abuse of everyone? Dave jones had it a lot? Man u fans had it.

It's only banter, football wouldn't be the same without it
:ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 10:14 am

ScottCcfc27 wrote:There is a word in your post which stands out to me and that is banter, which is all it is. Everybody says things about everything. Look at Terry having abuse of everyone? Dave jones had it a lot? Man u fans had it.

It's only banter, football wouldn't be the same without it

The Terry and Jones ones are totally different, they weren't physically hurt.

Sun May 22, 2011 10:34 am

Surely mentally the were.

Anyway it's banter and it makes football for te fans so much better

Sun May 22, 2011 10:43 am

ScottCcfc27 wrote:Surely mentally the were.

Anyway it's banter and it makes football for te fans so much better

Cool. So by that token, I assume if you were to die watching CCFC, you ( in the afterlife ) would laugh at Jacks making such comments, thinking it was banter? You'd think the same thing if a friend of yours died?

Like f*** you would.

Terry Coles death was a sad event - anyone making light of it is a complete and utter wanker - because given the games we've played in the region, that could well have been you or anyone else supporting City...

Sun May 22, 2011 10:58 am

Okay yes nothing like that has happened to me.
But don't take banter away, it creates atmosphere.

Sun May 22, 2011 11:05 am

Nobody is saying stop banter or prevent atmosphere.

Just that some things go way beyond the line of banter. The Coles references, "Gas a jack", hissing noises against Spurs make me ashamed and disgusted to be a City fan at times.