Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Can't wait for Jones to leave - then you'll hear............

Sun May 22, 2011 8:02 am

and the truth behind our three kids (best younsgters ever) who had or are about to depart!

Re: Can't wait for Jones to leave - then you'll hear............

Sun May 22, 2011 8:03 am

Name the kids!

Sun May 22, 2011 8:04 am

Zabier wrote:Name the kids!

Wait, I just realised you're on about senior players! :lol:

Sun May 22, 2011 8:05 am

is One of them Farah? - I hear he is something special.

Sun May 22, 2011 8:05 am

I think they're on about Ramsey, Ledley and Matthews?

Sun May 22, 2011 8:06 am

Zabier wrote:I think they're on about Ramsey, Ledley and Matthews?

oh aye - duh - silly me :lol:

Sun May 22, 2011 8:08 am

ihatealiens wrote:
Zabier wrote:I think they're on about Ramsey, Ledley and Matthews?

oh aye - duh - silly me :lol:

Don't worry, as you can see, I posted twice because I thought exactly the same as you initially! :lol:

How many Cardiff fans does it take to decipher a one line post?! :D

Sun May 22, 2011 8:10 am

and Gypes doesn't want to play for Jones again - that's nothing to what these three think!

It puts it all into perspective of where Jones loyalties lie - and his view of someone being more centre of attention and important than himself.

Wonder if he'll take out a super injunction when he leaves! :lol:

Sun May 22, 2011 1:31 pm

arri potta wrote:and the truth behind our three kids (best younsgters ever) who had or are about to depart!

And see us no where near so high up in the league for another 40 years?? Be careful what you wish for.

Sun May 22, 2011 1:38 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:
arri potta wrote:and the truth behind our three kids (best younsgters ever) who had or are about to depart!

And see us no where near so high up in the league for another 40 years?? Be careful what you wish for.

In 40 years we have never ever had a better squad than what we had this year plus the fact the league this season was alot wekaer than previous seasons. Like it or not Dave Jones has become a massive failure here.

If a manager like O'Neil comes in then expect the Malaysians and Sam to invest. I'm being very careful what I wish for, I just hope it does not turn out wishful thinking.

Sun May 22, 2011 2:29 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Citysince1964 wrote:

In 40 years we have never ever had a better squad than what we had this year plus the fact the league this season was alot wekaer than previous seasons. Like it or not Dave Jones has become a massive failure here.

If a manager like O'Neil comes in then expect the Malaysians and Sam to invest. I'm being very careful what I wish for, I just hope it does not turn out wishful thinking.

Can't realistically see Martin O'Neill coming here especially as we are in the Championship. I don't think any of the other names being mentioned are better than Dave Jones and don't believe they would do a better job. And personally I do not want Sam Hammam anywhere near our club ever again. Just think back to the rubbish managers that Hammam appointed. It wasn't until Ridsdale came along that we appointed a good manager who has taken us to an FA Cup Final and our highest league positions for 40 years.

Sun May 22, 2011 2:38 pm

Can't realistically see Martin O'Neill coming here especially as we are in the Championship. I don't think any of the other names being mentioned are better than Dave Jones and don't believe they would do a better job. And personally I do not want Sam Hammam anywhere near our club ever again. Just think back to the rubbish managers that Hammam appointed. It wasn't until Ridsdale came along that we appointed a good manager who has taken us to an FA Cup Final and our highest league positions for 40 years.[/quote]

Exactly, all SAM did was get us crap managers that got us promoted twice in 4 years and when he left us we were top of the Championship and six points clear, he must be so lucky if he knows nowt.

Sun May 22, 2011 2:47 pm

ihatealiens wrote:is One of them Farah? - I hear he is something special.

I work with a load of Somali guys who know Ibrahim Farah well.

They can't speak highly enough of him and apparently he is a class act.

Spoke to one of them yesterday and he said that he is still with city and for the past year they have been bulking / strengthening him up.

Sun May 22, 2011 4:11 pm

I still can't believe people are defending jones!! This season he has been a joke ! Yes he gas been decent up until this year but a time comes for most managers when they become stale and his time has come here! No one is saying he's been a crap manager during his duration here, but most will agree he ran out of ideas this year and has repeatedly been left with egg on his face! If he stays I think it will be a disaster next year and he would be sacked before Xmas ! There are loads of managers available with better records than Jones (Yes Allardyce does have a far superior record, as does and Walter smith whilst di mateos record isn't to be sniffed at)! The likes of holloway, McCarthy, Martinez and mccleish could all become available today and they are also far superior! Last year there was no creditable alternative, this year there are plenty who would love a crack at Cardiff city

Sun May 22, 2011 5:20 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Citysince1964 wrote:

I get a bit bored with this "league is weaker this year" malarky. It's been said very year since we got into the championship.

If it really was getting weaker year by year we'd be playing Blue Square standard teams by now!!!

And which manager built this better squad then. Yes he failed with it in the end and even as a DJ supporter I feel that a change is needed now.

Yu can't call any manager who has had a team in wih a shout of the playoffs till quite late on every year of his tenure a massive failure..

Ultinmately, yes he failed in taking us up. But he's made us one of the most respected teams in the Championship.