Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE PROBLEM WITH US BLUEBIRDS IS OUR LEVEL OF EXPECTATION

Sat May 21, 2011 9:31 pm

EVERYONE SEEMS TO BELIEVE IT IS OUR GIVEN RIGHT TO BE IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE. PEOPLE SAY THAT THE BLUEBIRDS HAD THE BEST TEAM ON PAPER. TO MANY INDIVIDUALS ( THERES NO i IN TEAM ). I AM A LITTLE UNDECIDED ON DAVE JONES AT THE MOMENT, THERES VARIOUS POLLS AND SURVEYS ABOUT AT THE MOMENT, AND OBVIOUSLY DIFFERANCE OF OPINION.
I THINK DAVE JONES HAS DONE A VERY GOOD JOB SINCE HE HAS BEEN AT CCFC, OK HE HAS MADE MISTAKES ( WHO DOESN'T ) BUT A LOT OF THE BLAME HAS TO GO ON THE PLAYERS. COMMITMENT, HEART, DRIVE I DON'T THINK ANY OF THE PLAYERS WANTED TO LOOSE. WHEN WE WENT UP TO WEMBLEY TO PLAY BLACKPOOL, I REMEMBER WALKING UP TOWARDS THE STADIUM AND WATCHING SOME BLACKPOOL FANS SINGING AND CHEERING AND I WAS THINKING YOU WONT BE SINGING ON THE WAY HOME ( HOW WRONG WAS I ). I THOUGHT WE HAD IT IN THE BAG.
SO MY LEVEL OF EXPECTATION WAS HIGH THROUGHOUT THIS SEASON UP UNTIL WE FAILED TO SECURE AN AUTOMATIC SPOT. I KNEW IN MY HEART ON THE WAY TO CARDIFF CITY STADIUM FOR THE READING GAME WE WOULD SLIP UP, EVEN IF WE BEAT READING I DON'T THINK WE WOULD HAVE BEATEN SWANSEA AT WEMBLEY.
SO IS DAVE JONES' PROBLEM A MOTIVATIONAL PROBLEM OR IS IT BECAUSE LOAN PLAYERS DON'T REALLY CARE?
I KNOW THE MALAYSIANS HAVE COME IN TO SAVE THE CLUB, BUT MORE MONEY NEEDS TO BE INVESTED IN BUYING PLAYERS, NOT LOANING IN.
MY BIGGEST WORRY ABOUT JONES GOING ( IF HE DOES ) IS IT DOESN'T ALWAYS MEAN WHOEVER COMES IN WILL DO A BETTER JOB. EG. WEST HAM, SHEFFIELD UNITED, PRESTON JUST TO NAME A FEW.
I SORT OF THINK JONE'S SHOULD STAY BUT HE NEEDS TO HAVE A FINANCIAL BACKING TO BUY AND PICK HIS OWN PLAYERS
AND NOT RELY ON LOAN PLAYERS, BEFORE THE NEW SEASON STARTS. DONT FORGET WE HAD A TRANSFER EMBARGO THIS SEASON SO THAT HINDERED FROM THE START.
ANYWAY I'LL BE THERE ( WITHOUT MY PICK AND SHOVEL COS THEY WONT LET ME TAKE IT IN THE STADIUM) I CAN'T EVEN TAKE IN MY BOTTLE OF POP. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: THE PROBLEM WITH US BLUEBIRDS IS OUR LEVEL OF EXPECTATION

Sat May 21, 2011 9:36 pm

yeah, ive already set my stall up for next season, just go alone watch the city play, no expectations, :roll:

Sat May 21, 2011 9:37 pm

I WAS A BIT TIRED WRITING THIS AND JUST READ IT BACK. I APPOLOGISE FOR IT BEING A LITTLE BIT ALL OVER THE PLACE BUT WHAT THE HELL. :ayatollah: :D :old: :) ;) :x :lol: 8-) :? :shock: :o :( :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :geek: :mrgreen: :| :arrow: :idea: :?: :ugeek: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 21, 2011 9:38 pm

don't worry about your bottle of pop - if Jones remains as you want, there will be more than enough bottling going on for us all!

Sat May 21, 2011 9:41 pm

Die Walkure wrote:don't worry about your bottle of pop - if Jones remains as you want, there will be more than enough bottling going on for us all!

HE HE HE THAT TICKLED ME A BIT

Sat May 21, 2011 9:46 pm

""The problem with us Bluebirds is our level of expectation"" Those very words or a phrase very much along those lines have come from the voice of none other than Jonesy himself, just put "people in this part of the world" in front of it.

Sat May 21, 2011 9:55 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:""The problem with us Bluebirds is our level of expectation"" Those very words or a phrase very much along those lines have come from the voice of none other than Jonesy himself, just put "people in this part of the world" in front of it.

I suppose your right there, i didn't realise that. I just so baddly want this club to be in and stay in the premier league, but i am worried about change. If jones does go are we going to be better off or worse off.

Sat May 21, 2011 10:02 pm

llwynypia bluebirds wrote:
CF64 BLUE wrote:""The problem with us Bluebirds is our level of expectation"" Those very words or a phrase very much along those lines have come from the voice of none other than Jonesy himself, just put "people in this part of the world" in front of it.

I suppose your right there, i didn't realise that. I just so baddly want this club to be in and stay in the premier league, but i am worried about change. If jones does go are we going to be better off or worse off.

To be honest I think this season has shown that Dave Jones, with a squad far superior to last seasons will never be able to take us that step further. Therefore, I think to get to the Premiership, we have no choice but to change the manager. Even if we initially went backwards under the new manager, I still believe it would be the right decision. Norwich made a mistake when hiring Bryan Gunn and got relegated to League 1, now they're in the Premiership. The same could happen with us if we change manager, it could work out a disaster and we could get relegated, but would you gamble and take a season in League 1 to get to the Premiership like Norwich? I definitely would!

Sat May 21, 2011 10:18 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

To be honest I think this season has shown that Dave Jones, with a squad far superior to last seasons will never be able to take us that step further. Therefore, I think to get to the Premiership, we have no choice but to change the manager. Even if we initially went backwards under the new manager, I still believe it would be the right decision. Norwich made a mistake when hiring Bryan Gunn and got relegated to League 1, now they're in the Premiership. The same could happen with us if we change manager, it could work out a disaster and we could get relegated, but would you gamble and take a season in League 1 to get to the Premiership like Norwich? I definitely would!

No i am sorry, couldn't accept dropping down to come back up. Need to go up not down. Just cos norwich did it doesn't mean we will. A superior squad of indviduals not a team! :ayatollah:

Sat May 21, 2011 10:20 pm

AGREEEEEED :ayatollah:

Sat May 21, 2011 10:30 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
CF64 BLUE wrote:""The problem with us Bluebirds is our level of expectation""

No i am sorry, couldn't accept dropping down to come back up. Need to go up not down. Just cos norwich did it doesn't mean we will. A superior squad of indviduals not a team! :ayatollah:

I am not saying we will do what Norwich did, I am saying that we need to make a change, as we have no chance of moving forwards any further with the way things currently are. My opinion is we will never make the Premiership under Dave Jones, surely this season has shown that? Personally, if you gave me the choice of continually finishing in the playoffs and failing, or having a rollercoaster ride like Norwich to get into the Premiership, I would take a rollercoaster ride every time. Also, we have gone backwards with a far superior squad this season, so I think next season when some of our better players leave during the summer, we will struggle to even make the playoffs under Jones. I truely believe we need a new manager in with some fresh ideas to take us that step further.

Sat May 21, 2011 10:42 pm

one step back to take two steps forward... yes i definatly would if it was guaranteed! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: