Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Upbeat!

Sat May 21, 2011 9:29 pm

Despite the disappoinment in the play offs I have to admit I'm more upbeat about the new season than I have been for a few years. We could have a new manager and a team of young ambitious players who will show some passion and commitment for us. Sometimes you have to take a step back before your able to move forward again and make progress.

A new manager will bring new hopes and ambitions to us fans, a new playing style and hopefully some discipline.

I would like Gerrard to be given another chance next season as well, he did well for Hull and no one can doubt his commitment out on the pitch, Darcy Blake is another player I feel we need to persevere with, still young and is capable of improving his game.

Yes we lost the play offs but hell next season's only a few months away. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Upbeat!

Sat May 21, 2011 9:35 pm

i wish i could share your optimism !

i just hope who ever managers next season McPhail will be at the heart of our side . Bellamy to stay and a half decent left back and maybe just maybe i'll be a bit more upbeat :ayatollah:

Sat May 21, 2011 9:40 pm

If we have to have a season or 2 of consolidation I could live with that, like I said sometimes you have to take a step back and regroup. I want to have a team of players that put the effort in, I'm fed up with some of the half hearted displays that we've witnessed from certain players this season just finished.

Sat May 21, 2011 10:28 pm

i feel up-beat just hope who ever takes charge next builds a team from the back,we need a solid foundation unlike dj who thought the defence was not that important,we need a team of workers not shirkers :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: