Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

scottish football

Sat May 21, 2011 8:44 pm

i cant stop laughing every time i here scottish premier league, i know we have some fans on here of that shit league. sorry. scottish league. but. lets say . we have a welsh league, chance of europe, cardiff, and swansea, getting full crowds at both game, then playing, neath, bangor, etc, year in year out. could play the jacks 7 times a season. if we got through to every final, its a joke league, we would not stand for it . but the scottish love it :roll:

Re: scottish football

Sat May 21, 2011 8:51 pm

sorry but i like it ;)

Sat May 21, 2011 8:57 pm

rorkes drift wrote:sorry but i like it ;)

would you buy a season ticket if the welsh league was identical to the scottish league?

Sat May 21, 2011 8:59 pm

no

Sat May 21, 2011 9:04 pm

rorkes drift wrote:no

i rest my case your honour :roll:

Sat May 21, 2011 9:06 pm

the welsh premier league is now on par with league 1 and 2 in scotland . Also the current top 6 in the welsh premier league would hold it's own in league 2 in the football league

make no mistake the welsh premier is coming on leaps and bounds . i would go and watch a welsh premier league game on a regular basis when city were away but the nearest is port talbot !

the problem with the league of wales there are no sides in east wales tho bryntirion from bridgend have just won league 1 in the welsh league . as long as there ground meets the spec they will be promoted .anyone from bridgend can confirm they have been promoted to the welsh premier league for next season on here ??

Sat May 21, 2011 9:19 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:the welsh premier league is now on par with league 1 and 2 in scotland . Also the current top 6 in the welsh premier league would hold it's own in league 2 in the football league

make no mistake the welsh premier is coming on leaps and bounds . i would go and watch a welsh premier league game on a regular basis when city were away but the nearest is port talbot !

the problem with the league of wales there are no sides in east wales tho bryntirion from bridgend have just won league 1 in the welsh league . as long as there ground meets the spec they will be promoted .anyone from bridgend can confirm they have been promoted to the welsh premier league for next season on here ??

I do agree with this, I used to play in the same team as a player called Alex Lawless for Cambrian Under 18's. Alex then signed for Ton Pentre for his first senior season before Fulham scouts spotting him, he then went to Torquay the season they got relegated from the football league and played a few games for them until a new manager came in to try and keep them up. He then went to Forest Green in the Conference before joining York and now Luton Town. Feel gutted for him as he has missed out in the playoff final for York and Luton now.

Not sure the top 6 of the Welsh League are on a par with League 2, but I would say the top 6 could more than hold their own in the Conference. Also, nobody needs reminding of Welsh League teams comfortably beating our reserves in the Welsh Premier Cup in the past!

Sat May 21, 2011 9:44 pm

i am not sure the top 6 teams in the welsh league are anywhere near league 1 to be honest i could be wrong

Sat May 21, 2011 9:53 pm

llanelli , port talbot, neath , new saints , bangor city would easily play scottish league 1 rourke's drift

the top 6 welsh league premier sides are almost full time these days and turnover in terms of money has gone up almost 100 per cent in those clubs

get yourself down to neath or port talbot next season to see a decent standard when city are away . you 'll be surprised at the standard of footie

Sat May 21, 2011 10:00 pm

first i thought you was on about our league 1 :oops: , do you think llanelli are as good as say newport fc

Sat May 21, 2011 10:11 pm

rorkes drift wrote:first i thought you was on about our league 1 :oops: , do you think llanelli are as good as say newport fc

are bangor as good as newport? :roll:

Sat May 21, 2011 10:17 pm

i agree spl =bag of shite,best thing about both big 2 is the support,makes me giggle when all those fans get so exited about beating the likes of abroath,hamilton academicals,cowdembeith!!,etc,they dont impress me at all :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: