Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tonights Boxing

Sat May 21, 2011 7:30 pm

http://www.vipbox.tv/watch/31794/2/skys ... -braehmer-[off]-aleksy-kuziemski-v-nathan-cleverly,-wbo-light-heavyweight-title,---frankie-gavin-v-young-mutley-12-rnds-welterweight.html

Billy Joe Saunders looked awsome winning his fight in the second round against a guy never been stopped before. BJS body puncing was spot on.

Re: Tonights Boxing

Sat May 21, 2011 7:44 pm

http://www.vipbox.tv/sports/handball.html, this is better than that boxing shit :ayatollah:

Sat May 21, 2011 7:48 pm

Cheers for the links guys. :ayatollah:

Sat May 21, 2011 8:12 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:http://www.vipbox.tv/watch/31794/2/skysports-fight-night--:-james-degale-v-george-groves-british-&-commonwealth-super-middleweight-title,-juergen-braehmer-[off]-aleksy-kuziemski-v-nathan-cleverly,-wbo-light-heavyweight-title,---frankie-gavin-v-young-mutley-12-rnds-welterweight.html

Billy Joe Saunders looked awsome winning his fight in the second round against a guy never been stopped before. BJS body puncing was spot on.

Cheers Steve :) :ayatollah:

Sat May 21, 2011 8:16 pm

cheers steve :ayatollah:

Sat May 21, 2011 8:34 pm

Frankie Gavin beat Young Mutley on points an absolute shit fight. A fight broke out in the crowd between Tyson Fury and another Heavyweight but so far they haven't shown it. Cleverly coming up soon Come on Clev :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 21, 2011 8:43 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Frankie Gavin beat Young Mutley on points an absolute shit fight. A fight broke out in the crowd between Tyson Fury and another Heavyweight but so far they haven't shown it. Cleverly coming up soon Come on Clev :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Actually, forget signing Nathan Tyson, we should sign Mike Tyson and Tyson Fury!

Put that pair in midfield and nobody's going to take liberties with us! We're as good as up!

Sat May 21, 2011 8:45 pm

http://boxingguru.eu/gurutv.html

Sat May 21, 2011 8:56 pm

http://www.vipbox.tv/watch/31794/3/skys ... -braehmer-[off]-aleksy-kuziemski-v-nathan-cleverly,-wbo-light-heavyweight-title,---frankie-gavin-v-young-mutley-12-rnds-welterweight.html

good link here brahhhhhh

Sat May 21, 2011 9:24 pm

Clev still world Champion after the Polish guy was stopped in the 4th round on a cut eye. Clev was very good tonight tried to put on a show was putting tremendous combinations together but was also reckless and got rocked in the Third.
The ref stopped it prematurely but Clev would of beat this fella most prob by knockout. Well done Clev :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 21, 2011 9:35 pm

Agreed chief, I'm not sure if it should've been stopped though. I've seen worse :(

Sat May 21, 2011 11:02 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Agreed chief, I'm not sure if it should've been stopped though. I've seen worse :(

Yes Chief stopped far to easy the blood wasn't even going in his eyes but a Cracking Fight Between George Groves and James de gale It could of gone both ways. Cagey fight at the beginning and got more tasty in the later rounds. Went to the score cards with 1 judge scoring it even and the other 2 scoring it 115 to 114 in favour of ST George Groves. De gale did not look pleased another grudge match defo.

Sun May 22, 2011 12:29 am

Cleverley and groves :ayatollah:

Good luck too luke Robinson tonight as well (son of steve robinson) :ayatollah:

we box at the same gym - sparring partners on occasion

anyone know if he won his fight tonight???
I couldn't afford box office I lost my wages in lecroupiers :( ...

Sun May 22, 2011 10:34 am

ccfc_cotta wrote:Cleverley and groves :ayatollah:

Good luck too luke Robinson tonight as well (son of steve robinson) :ayatollah:

we box at the same gym - sparring partners on occasion

anyone know if he won his fight tonight???
I couldn't afford box office I lost my wages in lecroupiers :( ...

You didnt have to watch it on box office Chief just follow the link at the top and watch it for f**k all :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 12:35 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Clev still world Champion after the Polish guy was stopped in the 4th round on a cut eye. Clev was very good tonight tried to put on a show was putting tremendous combinations together but was also reckless and got rocked in the Third.
The ref stopped it prematurely but Clev would of beat this fella most prob by knockout. Well done Clev :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Made a nice earner last night as I put down a bet almost a year ago that he would hold that belt, bookies wouldn't pay out until he defended it though due to the way he obtained it.

Rate him as a very good boxer but still needs a lot of work with his defence. His showboating might also cost him dearly against a tougher opponent.

Sun May 22, 2011 1:14 pm

chris_ccfc wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Clev still world Champion after the Polish guy was stopped in the 4th round on a cut eye. Clev was very good tonight tried to put on a show was putting tremendous combinations together but was also reckless and got rocked in the Third.

Made a nice earner last night as I put down a bet almost a year ago that he would hold that belt, bookies wouldn't pay out until he defended it though due to the way he obtained it.

Rate him as a very good boxer but still needs a lot of work with his defence. His showboating might also cost him dearly against a tougher opponent.

Yeah agreed he is a showman that's for sure. Last night he didn't even use his Jab :o he is a cocky little sod but some bugger will tw*t him one day and then he will start to use his ring craft better. But he sure can throw those combinations Chief

Sun May 22, 2011 1:31 pm

I thought the ref was a joke for stopping the Cleverley fight, the polish fella was fine. To be honest, i thought Cleverley looked poor against a very poor fighter. Just got a feeling that he'll come undone against a good fighter with real power.

Groves vs DeGale fight should have been a draw imo. Dont think any of the two did enough to win.

All about Bernard Hopkins last night though :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2011 1:38 pm

Anarch0 wrote:I thought the ref was a joke for stopping the Cleverley fight, the polish fella was fine. To be honest, i thought Cleverley looked poor against a very poor fighter. Just got a feeling that he'll come undone against a good fighter with real power.

Groves vs DeGale fight should have been a draw imo. Dont think any of the two did enough to win.

All about Bernard Hopkins last night though :ayatollah:

Yes i would say it would of been fair if it was a draw TBH but if one fighter deserved to nick it it was Groves. His early round domination was superb De gale didnt know what to do. Clev needs to use his Jabs as well as his combinations. But he is young and thinks he is unbeatable. But for sure he is a fantastic fighter just needs the right advice.

Sun May 22, 2011 2:05 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
chris_ccfc wrote:

Yeah agreed he is a showman that's for sure. Last night he didn't even use his Jab :o he is a cocky little sod but some bugger will tw*t him one day and then he will start to use his ring craft better. But he sure can throw those combinations Chief

No doubt about his boxing ability mate, he has a big future ahead of him.