Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Blackpool.....

Sat May 21, 2011 7:05 pm

.....could be relegated tomorrow, exactly one year to the day they were promoted :lol:

May the 22nd !

Re: Blackpool.....

Sat May 21, 2011 8:02 pm

i can deffo see them coming down, Man Utd will win, I`d bet my house on that,

No bother if they come down to me, we can sign Olly then :ayatollah:

6 of the last 9 teams that have gone up in the play offs have come down the following season

Sat May 21, 2011 8:04 pm

wonder if they will become a yoyo team :evil:

Sat May 21, 2011 8:13 pm

ccfc1981 wrote:wonder if they will become a yoyo team :evil:

Interesting point - not sure really, since they're not that big a club as someone who are really thought of as a yo-yo club, such as WBA (but then again they've stayed up this season, so they might not be classed as that sort of club anymore :lol: ).

Sat May 21, 2011 8:15 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:i can deffo see them coming down, Man Utd will win, I`d bet my house on that,

No bother if they come down to me, we can sign Olly then :ayatollah:

6 of the last 9 teams that have gone up in the play offs have come down the following season

So if the Jacks go up, we can be confident of them coming straight back down again then :lol:

Sat May 21, 2011 8:17 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

Interesting point - not sure really, since they're not that big a club as someone who are really thought of as a yo-yo club, such as WBA (but then again they've stayed up this season, so they might not be classed as that sort of club anymore :lol: ).

be very surprised if they go straight back up, im talking as if they been relegated :lol:

Sat May 21, 2011 8:18 pm

ccfc1981 wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

be very surprised if they go straight back up, im talking as if they been relegated :lol:

I won't be surprised at all if this is the case this time tomorrow !

Sat May 21, 2011 8:23 pm

9/2 a Blackpool win against Man Utd tomorrow looks good value to me. Not a full strength team and Blackpool more likely to be up for it.
Champions league final next week and certain players distracted by super-injunctions make it good value for an upset, in my opinion.

Sat May 21, 2011 8:28 pm

If Man U field an under-strength side,do you think they`ll be fined like Blackpool were?

Sat May 21, 2011 8:29 pm

bluebird58 wrote:9/2 a Blackpool win against Man Utd tomorrow looks good value to me. Not a full strength team and Blackpool more likely to be up for it.
Champions league final next week and certain players distracted by super-injunctions make it good value for an upset, in my opinion.

Not full-strength ? However much Blackpool are fired up for it, they'll still struggle to get a result at Old Trafford against a side containing players of the quality of Evra, Berbatov, Anderson and Van Der Sar !

And if Giggs is the one who's taken out the super-injunction, then he won't be playing tomorrow I don't think. Like you said, they've got the Champions League final next week and he's started nearly every game for a while now (nearly all of them crucial, title-deciders and big Euro games so I can see Ferguson resting him. This injunction thing has been going on for a while and it hasn't distracted him at all from what I can see, he's been producing outstanding performances throughout the season including all of the recent games he's played (Chelsea home etc.).

Sat May 21, 2011 9:26 pm

Giggs? Super-Injunction? Are you serious? :(