Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If Warnock & Holloway became available, who'd you choose?

Sat May 21, 2011 6:57 pm

For me, probably Holloway, given the way Blackpool have played under him, but close call.

Ideally, I'd like O'Neil or Di Matteo.

Re: If Warnock & Holloway became available, who'd you choose?

Sat May 21, 2011 7:04 pm

This is one thing I don't get with City fans. Holloway does well at small clubs, e.g Blackpool/Plymouth, but when he goes to a club like Leicester he relegates them !

Just because he's done well at Blackpool doesn't mean he'd come here and get us promoted straight away !

Give me Warnock any day of the week !

Sat May 21, 2011 7:12 pm

I like Holloway, but it'd have to be Warnock for me.

Obviously if O'Neill or Ancelotti become available, i might have to reassess things. :D

Sat May 21, 2011 7:19 pm

Frodo wrote:I like Holloway, but it'd have to be Warnock for me.

Obviously if O'Neill or Ancelotti become available, i might have to reassess things. :D

Sorry, can't have him, you'll have to put up with Holloway!

Sat May 21, 2011 7:23 pm

No Brainer Warnock for me :ayatollah:

Sat May 21, 2011 7:24 pm

DWQPR wrote:

Don't be so selfish!

Sat May 21, 2011 7:29 pm

Frodo wrote:
DWQPR wrote:

Don't be so selfish!

selfish? I said you can have Holloway, he is after all, a QPR legend! Can't say fairer than that, you never know, your kit for next season could even include three nice white bands running round that lovely blue! Would look really nice especially with white shorts and white socks!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 21, 2011 7:30 pm

DWQPR wrote:
Frodo wrote:
DWQPR wrote:Sorry, can't have him, you'll have to put up with Holloway!

Don't be so selfish!

selfish? I said you can have Holloway, he is after all, a QPR legend! Can't say fairer than that, you never know, your kit for next season could even include three nice white bands running round that lovely blue! Would look really nice especially with white shorts and white socks!

:o

Sat May 21, 2011 7:33 pm

Frodo wrote:

:o[/quote]

Speechless?

Sat May 21, 2011 7:44 pm

DWQPR wrote:
Frodo wrote: :o

Speechless?

Disgusted.

Sat May 21, 2011 7:59 pm

Ollie definately...........he`s the man we need........deffo to get us up next season

Sat May 21, 2011 8:17 pm

DWQPR wrote:
Frodo wrote:

:o

Speechless?[/quote]

most of us will be supporting players in that kind of strip a week Monday! :lol:

Sat May 21, 2011 8:28 pm

DJ could have learnt a bit from both of them. They have both adapted their styles. Holloway has talked about how he watched football all over Europe in an attempt to modernise his techniques.

Sat May 21, 2011 8:29 pm

Wayne S wrote:DJ could have learnt a bit from both of them. They have both adapted their styles. Holloway has talked about how he watched football all over Europe in an attempt to modernise his techniques.

His inspiration was the Jacks !

Sat May 21, 2011 8:43 pm

To be serious, I was glad when Holloway was relieved of his duties at Loftus Road as he was getting stale, his football philosophy was going backwards and although what he did for us, all QPR supporters will be eternally grateful, it was time to go. He pitched up at Plymouth and did well and then bombed out at Leicester. A year out of the game enabled him to look at his own shortcomings and also gave him time to re-educate himself, and to be fair, he has done an outstanding job. Nobody gave Blackpool a chance this season and most expected them to beat Derby's record of 11 points. But to have 39 points so far, and in most ore seasons that would have meant survival with points to spare speaks volumes of the job he has done. For me, whatever happens tomorrow he should be awarded the manager of the year. Would be a great appointment for Cardiff and would allow him to move back down to his roots. But be warned. Having spent the best part of a decade at QPR, he does now consider himself a dyed in the wool R!

Sat May 21, 2011 8:48 pm

Warnock his cv is way out in front of holloway's but I do rate ollie

Sun May 22, 2011 7:49 am

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Wayne S wrote:DJ could have learnt a bit from both of them. They have both adapted their styles. Holloway has talked about how he watched football all over Europe in an attempt to modernise his techniques.

His inspiration was the Jacks !

:lol: :lol:
but that did make him play good football!

Sun May 22, 2011 8:13 am

Got to be Warnock, he has been there and done it. Unfortunately Blackpool score plenty of goals but let in many more. Entertaining though !

Warnock takes no messing about and gets the job done. :lol:

Sun May 22, 2011 8:32 am

Warnock,,,no doubts about it!

Sun May 22, 2011 1:30 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Got to be Warnock, he has been there and done it. Unfortunately Blackpool score plenty of goals but let in many more. Entertaining though !

Warnock takes no messing about and gets the job done. :lol:

Exactly !

Sun May 22, 2011 1:41 pm

Can't choose both got fantastic Qualaties.......................oh go on then at a push Warnock :ayatollah: :ayatollah: