Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

AFC WIMBLEDON GET PROMOTION BACK TO...

Sat May 21, 2011 4:45 pm

Football league By beating Luton Town infront of a 18195 crowd at the City of Manchesters Stadium. 4 -3 on pens.

Re: AFC WIMBLEDON GET PROMOTION BACK TO...

Sat May 21, 2011 4:50 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Football league By beating Luton Town infront of a 18195 crowd at the City of Manchesters Stadium. 4 -3 on pens.

AFC Wimbledon in the league for the first time, not returning...

Sat May 21, 2011 4:51 pm

Awesome.

Sat May 21, 2011 4:56 pm

Well done afc wimbledon, great achievement getting to the football league, only formed 9 years ago and clinched 5th promotion today, 1 more promotion and they could be playing their old team and new franchise that was stolen from them, mk dons and i would love to see afc stuff them and see the look on that fat prick winklemans face :lol:

Sat May 21, 2011 4:59 pm

Eddie ccfc wrote:Well done afc wimbledon, great achievement getting to the football league, only formed 9 years ago and clinched 5th promotion today, 1 more promotion and they could be playing their old team and new franchise that was stolen from them, mk dons and i would love to see afc stuff them and see the look on that fat prick winklemans face :lol:

Good on them; although whilst it's a nice fairy tale, a fair whack of money was spent on them, certainly the early days. With attendances far higher than opposition, they had massive advantages in getting up the levels.

Sat May 21, 2011 5:13 pm

My mate plays for them, missed his pen in the shootout but luckily they still won.

I hate that creepy Winkelman tw@t too

Sat May 21, 2011 5:20 pm

Fair play to them. Hard work and dedication always pays off.

Well done to all involved there. :ayatollah:

Sat May 21, 2011 5:23 pm

Fantastic achievement, honestly didn't think they'd do it (at the start of the season!, but hard work, team ethic and determination has paid off. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 21, 2011 5:26 pm

This also gives merthyr hope of getting into the football league after reforming last year and wining promotion first year in existence, would love to see them back up the leagues!

MERTHYR TOWN LEAGUE 2 CLUB BY 2020 :ayatollah:

Sat May 21, 2011 5:28 pm

great archivement for a new club. welcome back wimbledon :) :ayatollah:

Sat May 21, 2011 6:08 pm

well done :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 21, 2011 6:18 pm

I`m gutted for Luton tbh

Sat May 21, 2011 6:21 pm

Fantastic achievement :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: The Real Wimbledon not those twats from Milton Keynes

Sat May 21, 2011 6:25 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:I`m gutted for Luton tbh

Chin up dont worry about luton they will be back again soon, they have had their fair share of time in the football league, now let afc wimbledon have theirs, what a fairy tale it is for them!

Sat May 21, 2011 6:28 pm

Eddie ccfc wrote:

Chin up dont worry about luton they will be back again soon, they have had their fair share of time in the football league, now let afc wimbledon have theirs, what a fairy tale it is for them!

Hate Luton but not as much as the Jacks i will have to point out :lol:

Sat May 21, 2011 6:40 pm

Eddie ccfc wrote:

I`m not anyway gutted as much as last tuesday evening obviously, just for my mates who are big Luton fans and always look out for Cardiff results and take an interest in my team!!!!!!!!

They`ll be back :ayatollah:

Sat May 21, 2011 6:58 pm

Well done to all thier fans great work paid off

Sat May 21, 2011 10:52 pm

nerd wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Football league By beating Luton Town infront of a 18195 crowd at the City of Manchesters Stadium. 4 -3 on pens.

AFC Wimbledon in the league for the first time, not returning...

aye but im including the old wimbledon , (and i also started typing the thread as the penalties were taking place and thought luton was gonna win so it was" LUTON TOWN GET PROMOTION BACK TO but i chanced if to AFC wimbledon :lol: )

Sat May 21, 2011 10:54 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:
Eddie ccfc wrote:

I`m not anyway gutted as much as last tuesday evening obviously, just for my mates who are big Luton fans and always look out for Cardiff results and take an interest in my team!!!!!!!!

They`ll be back :ayatollah:

luton will be champions next year anyway, tremendous support, averaged just under 6k i think, but i cant stand their fans (not all)