Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Committed Players - Appreciation

Sat May 21, 2011 11:22 am

The end of the season was dogged by us slating certain squad members for their lack of commitment but in all this chaos there was little room for appreciating the efforts of those who gave everything in our promotion bid. I am talking about Kevin McNaughton, Paul Quinn, Darcy Blake, Craig Bellamy, Chris Burke and even Peter Whittingham who might have still shit out of the odd challenge but he didn't stop busting his balls for the last 3 months. Maybe even push out and say for all Steve McPhail's flaws he gave everything until he was injured. Keepers are hard to decide because Heaton and Marshall were injured for so long.

So here's to those lads who gave their all and I apologise if I've missed any others out who require special mentioning.

Well played lads and if everyone had the same commitment levels as you lot we might be in the Premiership now.

Re: Committed Players - Appreciation

Sat May 21, 2011 11:31 am

Is that the same darcy blake who gets pissed a lot and smashes shop windows and arrested mid-season?

Sat May 21, 2011 11:56 am

im glad you mentioned peter wittingham,he definetly stepped it up during the run in and will be a massive player for us next season

Sat May 21, 2011 12:01 pm

Zabier wrote:The end of the season was dogged by us slating certain squad members for their lack of commitment but in all this chaos there was little room for appreciating the efforts of those who gave everything in our promotion bid. I am talking about Kevin McNaughton, Paul Quinn, Darcy Blake, Craig Bellamy, Chris Burke and even Peter Whittingham who might have still shit out of the odd challenge but he didn't stop busting his balls for the last 3 months. Maybe even push out and say for all Steve McPhail's flaws he gave everything until he was injured. Keepers are hard to decide because Heaton and Marshall were injured for so long.

So here's to those lads who gave their all and I apologise if I've missed any others out who require special mentioning.

Well played lads and if everyone had the same commitment levels as you lot we might be in the Premiership now.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 21, 2011 12:03 pm

yup im glad youve recognised Whitts as well! the slatings he gets sometimes are completely uncalled for! his technique is amongst the best in the championship, he can do things with a ball that no one else in our team can do. Yes he goes quiet during some games but this season he hasnt been helped by constantly being moved around! His display during our home game against Reading was terrific! You never hear of any off field trouble with him either, just keeps his head down and gets on with it!

Sat May 21, 2011 12:04 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:yup im glad youve recognised Whitts as well! the slatings he gets sometimes are completely uncalled for! his technique is amongst the best in the championship, he can do things with a ball that no one else in our team can do. Yes he goes quiet during some games but this season he hasnt been helped by constantly being moved around! His display during our home game against Reading was terrific! You never hear of any off field trouble with him either, just keeps his head down and gets on with it!

must agree im a critic of whitts but his attitude was spot on during the last few games

Sat May 21, 2011 12:11 pm

Mark Hudson this season has been outstanding.

Sat May 21, 2011 12:58 pm

Dafydd wrote:Mark Hudson this season has been outstanding.

Great shout, feel bad for missing him... purely because he was injured for so long.

Sat May 21, 2011 1:03 pm

As for Whitts I also thinks he needs some gratitude from the fans as he did bust his gut especially in the play offs, with the right manager I still feel whitts has alot to offer. :ayatollah:

Sat May 21, 2011 1:40 pm

Good shout reference the players with commitment. I agree with the names you've mentioned but would also like to add Dekel Kienan. I know he played a part in our downfall with a couple of moments of madness but I at no stage doubted that he was committed to the cause.