Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I would welcome Sam back because.....

Sat May 21, 2011 8:29 am

We need someone on the board with football experience. No disrespect to any of the current board but Sam has got more experience than all of them put together.

If Sam coming back clears the debt and helps get rid of PMG and Co. then surely this has to be a positive?

Yes the guy is crazy but there aren't any other people throwing their hats into the ring and he does seem to still have the Cardiff City bug.

From posts on here it does seem like he has been advising TG on football matters anyway.

As long Sam didn't have overall control of the club/cheque book and this inner and outter circle didn't return. I would welcome him back. :ayatollah:

The noises he is making is that he wants to help us get to the premiership. So why not let him and get rid of the £24m in doing so?

It will also free up the next manager to concentrate on just the on field aspect of the club and not have to help with the off field stuff as it appears DJ has been doing.

I think the club needs a lift after our recent failings and Sam could be answer. Nobody could ever question his passion whilst he was here.

Only time will tell but for me I think it would be a positive if he did come back :ayatollah:

Re: I would welcome Sam back because.....

Sat May 21, 2011 8:41 am

I'm warming to this.

Of course when things come a reality you start to have doubts. One doubt is how would the Malaysians control the money side of things? Would they allow Sam a budget or would they sign a cheque if Sam convinced them about a player? Whatever I do feel with the Malaysians in control on that side everything will be OK.

Sat May 21, 2011 9:08 am

Cardiff Crazy wrote:We need someone on the board with football experience. No disrespect to any of the current board but Sam has got more experience than all of them put together.

If Sam coming back clears the debt and helps get rid of PMG and Co. then surely this has to be a positive?

Yes the guy is crazy but there aren't any other people throwing their hats into the ring and he does seem to still have the Cardiff City bug.

From posts on here it does seem like he has been advising TG on football matters anyway.

As long Sam didn't have overall control of the club/cheque book and this inner and outter circle didn't return. I would welcome him back. :ayatollah:

The noises he is making is that he wants to help us get to the premiership. So why not let him and get rid of the £24m in doing so?

It will also free up the next manager to concentrate on just the on field aspect of the club and not have to help with the off field stuff as it appears DJ has been doing.

I think the club needs a lift after our recent failings and Sam could be answer. Nobody could ever question his passion whilst he was here.

Only time will tell but for me I think it would be a positive if he did come back :ayatollah:

GREAT POST :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: AND TRUE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 21, 2011 9:23 am

Forever Blue wrote:GREAT POST :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: AND TRUE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis, whats his view on returning? Does he think it will happen?

Sat May 21, 2011 9:39 am

Do'nt have a problem with Sam coming back, under the terms mentioned. My only wish is that we appoint a manager beforehand. Do'nt want another Gould or Cork coming in. As for Dennis Wise, god help us.

Sat May 21, 2011 9:44 am

buckleys brewery wrote:Do'nt have a problem with Sam coming back, under the terms mentioned. My only wish is that we appoint a manager beforehand. Do'nt want another Gould or Cork coming in. As for Dennis Wise, god help us.

I agree we don't want another Gould or Cork. Surely TG/VT will want a proven manager and that offers better than we currently have. Dennis Wise is certainly not that.

Sat May 21, 2011 9:58 am

Cardiff Crazy wrote:
buckleys brewery wrote:Do'nt have a problem with Sam coming back, under the terms mentioned. My only wish is that we appoint a manager beforehand. Do'nt want another Gould or Cork coming in. As for Dennis Wise, god help us.

I agree we don't want another Gould or Cork. Surely TG/VT will want a proven manager and that offers better than we currently have. Dennis Wise is certainly not that.

Was just about to write the same thing. Always jobs for the boys with his appointments as manager an people he can manipulate like someone else has just said. Let's get the right manager in then sort the Sam stuff out.

Personally I don't want him back in any shape or form but my more pressing concern is who will lead us next season.

Di Matteo, Poyet or Hughton all fine by me and flog pisshead Chops and get Earnie back as well :ayatollah: