Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Steve Mclaren

Sat May 21, 2011 8:11 am

i'm gonna get slaughtered for this but i'd like to see him as our next manager. I know he had a disaster with england, but who doesnt! I think he's gone away and learned his trade again in two good footballing countries. I know he failed in germany but apparently he was destined to fail there. He did an amazing job with twente and i also think this would freshen up our scouting network, having someone with hands on knowledge of the dutch and german leagues. Perhaps we wouldn't have to sign all our players from scotland!!! I know he doesn't always come across great in the media but after what happened with england i believe he'll be hungry to succeed :ayatollah:

Re: Steve Mclaren

Sat May 21, 2011 8:21 am

he was abysmal at wolfsburg, mention the name McLaren there and they'll slap you...

Sat May 21, 2011 8:25 am

some good points regarding he will have knowledge of players from different places,rather than scotland...also i would rather mclaren over shocking managers names mentioned like roy keane and dennis wise....them 2 would be bad for cardiff,we dont need another manager who thinks he is bigger and better than ccfc,with big egos. I really hope we get a young hungry manager who has learned his trade in the game and plays the beautiful game the correct way.....poyet,keith hill,odriscoll,tisdale,mackay,maybe di matteo...i would be happy with any of them.we need to sort dj out asap,we dont need this dragging on

Sat May 21, 2011 8:35 am

Worse than DJ. Not for me

Sat May 21, 2011 8:44 am

i agree, and i think we should have no more wimbledon connections, PLEASE! They got success thru team spirit and beating people up, theyre football was atrocious! If u listen to bobby gould on talksport he sounds like a sunday league manager! I just want to watch decent football now, for the first time in my life i'm envious of the jacks!!!! My first choice would be poyet but he's going nowhere! I was gutted when i seen him bid for buckley yesterday, signing this lad would NOT be a a gamble and we should have bid in january instead of paying loan fees for JET!!!!