Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" How ruthless will the Malaysians be ? "

Sat May 21, 2011 6:44 am

Last few seasons we have been there or thereabouts, just missing out. I felt that given the additions to the squad this season we would succeed. Whilst we have had highs in the season, notably Leeds away, we have also under performed. Much has been spoken about DJ staying or leaving. I feel that now is the time to bring another manager in. Of course the next question is who? Roberto Di Matteo, Chris Hughton are some of the names being banded about. I would go for Dean Holdsworth. Not quite the obvious choice but I just feel we need a manager who will install some feeling and emotion into the side. Is he good enough? I think so.
As for the Malaysians, given the amount of loan signings we had, there will be a number of departures from the club. How much will change with the club? We have been in and around the top of the championship so how ruthless should we be?

Re: " How ruthless will the Malaysians be? "

Sat May 21, 2011 7:01 am

Essex Bluebird wrote:Last few seasons we have been there or thereabouts, just missing out. I felt that given the additions to the squad this season we would succeed. Whilst we have had highs in the season, notably Leeds away, we have also under performed. Much has been spoken about DJ staying or leaving. I feel that now is the time to bring another manager in. Of course the next question is who? Roberto Di Matteo, Chris Hughton are some of the names being banded about. I would go for Dean Holdsworth. Not quite the obvious choice but I just feel we need a manager who will install some feeling and emotion into the side. Is he good enough? I think so.
As for the Malaysians, given the amount of loan signings we had, there will be a number of departures from the club. How much will change with the club? We have been in and around the top of the championship so how ruthless should we be?

EB given that the clown, DJ has now been employed for 4 days since Tuesdays debacle and accrued another 10k in salary I suspect they are not going to be very ruthless. He should have had his P45 Tuesday by 9.45pm if I was the billionaire owner of our club.

Re: " How ruthless will the Malaysians be? "

Sat May 21, 2011 8:29 am

dorsetblue wrote:
Essex Bluebird wrote:Last few seasons we have been there or thereabouts, just missing out. I felt that given the additions to the squad this season we would succeed. Whilst we have had highs in the season, notably Leeds away, we have also under performed. Much has been spoken about DJ staying or leaving. I feel that now is the time to bring another manager in. Of course the next question is who? Roberto Di Matteo, Chris Hughton are some of the names being banded about. I would go for Dean Holdsworth. Not quite the obvious choice but I just feel we need a manager who will install some feeling and emotion into the side. Is he good enough? I think so.

EB given that the clown, DJ has now been employed for 4 days since Tuesdays debacle and accrued another 10k in salary I suspect they are not going to be very ruthless. He should have had his P45 Tuesday by 9.45pm if I was the billionaire owner of our club.

I think the malayisans will be taking the time this weekend to decide which way the club will go forward.
to have sacked dj tuesday night is not the way these people behave unlike their counterparts at west ham they have a bit of honour and dignity.
They have to take the time to see what managers are available and also decide how much investment to put into the playing side for this season.
dave jones had an incredible 16 million wage bill to play with not counting craigs wages.
remember that paul lambert had less than half that and got promoted.
all though we want jones out the door as soon as possible i dont think it will happen until the new manager has agreed to come and his playing budget has been sorted out.
It is not the time to panic about bringing players in because their contracts do not expire until june 30th and they will spend that month trying to get the best deal for themselves.

Re: " How ruthless will the Malaysians be ? "

Sat May 21, 2011 8:43 am

Agree with you there Steve. :ayatollah:

Sat May 21, 2011 9:04 am

After the final games have played in the premier league the Malaysians will have a better idea of what managers are likely to be available. There are a few managers out of contract in June, Mark Hughes for one! I don't for one minute think we would get someone like Hughes but it is sensible now for the Malaysian to be patient and wait for the right man to be available. In my opinion the Malaysians should back any new manager with the same support Dave Jones has received and if that does happen I think next season can be a successful one.

Sat May 21, 2011 9:06 am

Did not Steve Borley and the Malaysians have a meeting not long ago about a contingency plan if we failed to go up?

If so I would be surprised if that meeting did not include the dismissal fo DJ. There is absolutely no need for DJ to be at our club now. Most clubs dismiss their manager overnight and hand the reigns to the assistant, in our case Terry Burton. As there are no more games to play then really there is not much for TB to do is there? What DJ is still doing at CCS is beyond me and in my opinion worrying.

So I hear the board dont want to pay him off. Well they should not be held to ransom should they. I say get rid of him, offer some compenation then see what he does. We need him away from CCS because he is a failure and we dont want that lingering about us anymore.

Sat May 21, 2011 9:48 am

Just to make a point for accuracy, Vincent Tan is reportedly rich but he is not a billionaire.

If you think otherwise, find a reputable financial news site which says he is worth £1,000,000,000.

Sat May 21, 2011 10:25 am

Taliesin wrote:Just to make a point for accuracy, Vincent Tan is reportedly rich but he is not a billionaire.

If you think otherwise, find a reputable financial news site which says he is worth £1,000,000,000.

Have i actually mentioned vt in my post (just for accuracy)? Factually he is a billionaire if you takes the world currency of the usd.

Sat May 21, 2011 11:01 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Did not Steve Borley and the Malaysians have a meeting not long ago about a contingency plan if we failed to go up?

If so I would be surprised if that meeting did not include the dismissal fo DJ. There is absolutely no need for DJ to be at our club now. Most clubs dismiss their manager overnight and hand the reigns to the assistant, in our case Terry Burton. As there are no more games to play then really there is not much for TB to do is there? What DJ is still doing at CCS is beyond me and in my opinion worrying.

So I hear the board dont want to pay him off. Well they should not be held to ransom should they. I say get rid of him, offer some compenation then see what he does. We need him away from CCS because he is a failure and we dont want that lingering about us anymore.

Is it the 'modern' way to renege on an agreement?? DJ and THE CLUB signed a contract agreement and BOTH sides MUST honour it legally or face the consequnces of legal action....and that benefits no one!!

If DJ is sacked and is owed an agreed sum then it's best we just pay up and move on

We can't have it all ways!! :roll: