Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: carl curtis

Fri May 20, 2011 10:33 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Die Walkure wrote:I can't understand why people want to have a go at Carl - the information he gives us is almost always accurate and sensible - its not always right, but I suspect that's not because what he's posted is nonsense, but because the situation may change and what he's said was correct when he was told it, but events then took a different course - the kind of thing that happens to us all regularly.

Overall, I love Carl's updates and think he should be congratulated for the effort he puts in for us. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thanks Carl, and most of us are very gratetul for your hard work.

I have always disagreed with you about Dave Jones, but could always see that you based your support on reasonable and logical grounds. I also respect the way that you have dealt with the situation since Tuesday - you haven't put the knife in, but have outlined your change of views reasonably.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

ITS CALLED JEALOUSY and THEY ARE TWISTED SAD PEOPLE, YES HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION THAN Carl, BUT NAME CALLING ETC IS BANNED ON HERE and I WANT THESE POSTERS TO GO BACK TO THE MB THEY CAME FROM.

I have totally Disagreed with Carl All Season regarding DJ, but I am not going to gloat about it or turn on Carl. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Out of interest, how is this ok then?

http://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic ... 12#p426046

:lol: :lol:

BUT THATS A FACT :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 10:34 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Die Walkure wrote:I can't understand why people want to have a go at Carl - the information he gives us is almost always accurate and sensible - its not always right, but I suspect that's not because what he's posted is nonsense, but because the situation may change and what he's said was correct when he was told it, but events then took a different course - the kind of thing that happens to us all regularly.

Overall, I love Carl's updates and think he should be congratulated for the effort he puts in for us. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I have always disagreed with you about Dave Jones, but could always see that you based your support on reasonable and logical grounds. I also respect the way that you have dealt with the situation since Tuesday - you haven't put the knife in, but have outlined your change of views reasonably.

ITS CALLED JEALOUSY and THEY ARE TWISTED SAD PEOPLE, YES HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION THAN Carl, BUT NAME CALLING ETC IS BANNED ON HERE and I WANT THESE POSTERS TO GO BACK TO THE MB THEY CAME FROM.

I have totally Disagreed with Carl All Season regarding DJ, but I am not going to gloat about it or turn on Carl. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46312#p426046

Your Jacks, we look after our own :roll: :lol:

Fri May 20, 2011 10:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Hypocrite alert :lol:

Fri May 20, 2011 10:37 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I am starting to like you :oops: :oops: :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 10:37 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Wannabe alert :lol:

Fri May 20, 2011 10:40 pm

darboy wrote:more faces than the freeking town hall clock :lol:

Cheap shot & not cool.

I don't even support ccfc but its clear to see the fella cares for the club deeply & is doing what we all ultimately want & supplying good info & great stuff to chew over.

Fri May 20, 2011 10:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I am starting to like you :oops: :oops: :lol: :ayatollah:

:naka:

Fri May 20, 2011 10:46 pm

carlccfc wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

:nono:

Fri May 20, 2011 10:47 pm

:naka:[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 10:47 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Thank you very much, the season could and should have ended very differently but I would never have turned it into ' I told you so' had DJ succeeded but we would all have celebrated together.

In the end you have to admit when things have gone wrong and I said from the end of last season I believed DJ deserved another season and he got it but failed.

Carl, do you not believe that Jones may not just deserve one more season though after the job he's done for the club over the years?

I've been just a big a supporter of Jones all season as you have, and like you, i agree that this season he has failed, i just think that surely if he wants to stay, he's earned himself another season... simply based on the fact we have a stable club that is there or there about challenging every season now, im so grateful for that, because i honestly think we could quite easily have dropped to league 1 a few years back and been nowhere near where we are now

maybe im just not moving with the times but i really believe in long-term stablility at a club and not just sacking a manager the first time they have a bad season

the thing that makes it most difficult is that all fans seem to have lost all hope with him, but other than that i feel that he really deserves another season, im gonna be gutted when he leaves, i cant help it... and leaving thinking that the fans hate him and that he hasnt done a good job must be a horrible feeling when actually, he's done wonders for this club overall

i think he deserves better

Fri May 20, 2011 10:48 pm

NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

:nono:

If you need directions to Wembley we have been there 3 times now :D

But I am sure Tank will lead the way :lol:

Fri May 20, 2011 10:50 pm

carlccfc wrote:If you need directions to Wembley we have been there 3 times now :D

I've been there twice myself thanks, way before you did :mrgreen:

Fri May 20, 2011 10:58 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Thank you very much, the season could and should have ended very differently but I would never have turned it into ' I told you so' had DJ succeeded but we would all have celebrated together.

In the end you have to admit when things have gone wrong and I said from the end of last season I believed DJ deserved another season and he got it but failed.

Carl, do you not believe that Jones may not just deserve one more season though after the job he's done for the club over the years?

I've been just a big a supporter of Jones all season as you have, and like you, i agree that this season he has failed, i just think that surely if he wants to stay, he's earned himself another season... simply based on the fact we have a stable club that is there or there about challenging every season now, im so grateful for that, because i honestly think we could quite easily have dropped to league 1 a few years back and been nowhere near where we are now

maybe im just not moving with the times but i really believe in long-term stablility at a club and not just sacking a manager the first time they have a bad season

the thing that makes it most difficult is that all fans seem to have lost all hope with him, but other than that i feel that he really deserves another season, im gonna be gutted when he leaves, i cant help it... and leaving thinking that the fans hate him and that he hasnt done a good job must be a horrible feeling when actually, he's done wonders for this club overall

i think he deserves better

Scott your right it hurts me to think that fans hate DJ when he has done many many good things for this club but ultimately this season was the final straw.

Dave was backed by the owners in times when they could have easily said there is no money and go with what you got. They listened to DJ and accepted HIS plan to deliver promotion, he failed.

I will always be thankful for the success we have had BECAUSE of Dave Jones and I will never let any Cardiff City fan forget what he achieved and what we seen but now is the time for Dave to do the honourable thing and step aside and allow another manager to hopefully achieve what Dave could not and deliver Premiership football.

Football is results driven and Dave cannot argue that he was not given time, he was given another season when so many wanted him gone after the Blackpool defeat, I supported that decision. When fans called for his head after the Charlton home defeat, I could not believe my ears and Dave took us to an FA Cup Final the same year.

I like the manager but was never the keenest regarding his personality but that's him and I accepted it but no he does not deserve another year after being given total control of football matters this season and failing.

Fri May 20, 2011 10:59 pm

NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:If you need directions to Wembley we have been there 3 times now :D

Oh you wont recognise the place it has changed so much since them days long long ago :lol:

Fri May 20, 2011 11:03 pm

carlccfc wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

Oh you wont recognise the place it has changed so much since them days long long ago :lol:

I was also there in November it's ok :mrgreen:

Fri May 20, 2011 11:04 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

http://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic ... 12#p426046

this is how :lol: :lol: :lol:

NAME CALLING/BELITTLING/SNIPING and CONTINUAL SLAGGING OFF OF OTHER POSTERS WONT BE TOLERATED, IF YOU DONT WANT TO ACCEPT THESE CONDITIONS THEN YOUR NOT WELCOME ON HERE, YOU WILL BE BANNED and I WILL WIN, AS THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF OTHER MEMBERS WHO LOVE THIS FORUM.

You've come over from another forum, Ruined that one, YOU WONT RUIN THIS ONE, I PROMISE YOU.

CALL THE JACKS WHAT EVER YOU WANT, BUT FELLOW CARDIFF FANS SHOULD STICK TOGETHER

Fri May 20, 2011 11:06 pm

NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

I was also there in November it's ok :mrgreen:

Ah fair play supporting Cardiff City's Jay Bothroyd making his England debut Vs France :D :ayatollah:

Either that or you went to see A-Ha :lol:

Fri May 20, 2011 11:07 pm

fair enough Carl, i do see where youre coming from because 40% of me is thinking that maybe it's time to go for him now...

the 60% wanting him to stay is still just about winning at the moment, just because of the points i made in the previous comment like the long term job he's done and the fact that i wouldnt sack a manager after one bad season...

butttttttt, ahhhhh its a toughy, if he does go, i guess it's not gonna be the end of the world

a new start may turn out to be the best thing that happens to this club, but just imagine for a second that it turns out opposite and we go in the other direction... doesn't bare thinking about but its not impossible

a new start is always going to be risky

or we could just play it safe and know that we will most probably be somewhere neat the top challenging with Jones again next season

things seem bad now, but they could be ALOT worse, in terms of our final league position, people need to remember that, i think

Fri May 20, 2011 11:08 pm

carlccfc wrote:Ah fair play supporting Cardiff City's Jay Bothroyd making his England debut Vs France :D :ayatollah:

Either that or you went to see A-Ha :lol:

NFL mun :mrgreen:

Fri May 20, 2011 11:20 pm

carl,my original post was made in a lighthearted vein and not intended to qestion your integrity.
clearly buy the response it provoked you are held in high regard on this forum.
i have no agenda on this or any other board and will continue to look foreward to your updates.
i apoligize if i have caused any offence.

Fri May 20, 2011 11:28 pm

darboy wrote:carl,my original post was made in a lighthearted vein and not intended to qestion your integrity.
clearly buy the response it provoked you are held in high regard on this forum.
i have no agenda on this or any other board and will continue to look foreward to your updates.
i apoligize if i have caused any offence.

No harm done mate, I just hope that whatever your view is or mine and anyone else's it will be respected. Thank you for the apology you are a decent person.