Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I'd like to see a couple of young up and coming

Fri May 20, 2011 8:05 pm

Signings in the summer.

Don't know if he's out of reach , but Liam Trotter maybe, and possibly a couple from the lower divisions.

Le Fondre perhaps and one or 2 with 'potential'. we need to look longer term now.

Just like I was begging for last pre-season the key has to be a real boss in midfield, box-to-box, get stuck in, play loads of 1-2s. It seems all the other top sides have them. We have a bunch of misfits in midfield who all have strengths and weaknesses, but in the main aren't mobile or strong enough and flit in and out of matches.

We seemed to be outnumbered when teams broke against us.

I'm sick of seeing us bullied off the ball - Burke and JET were the worst culprits, Koumas - did he put a tackle in ? And Whitts and Oli werne't much better .. yes despite JET and Oli in particular being big lumps. Comes to something when our toughest tackling midfielder is '5-seconds-to-late' McPhail. (Forget Blake he won't be a central midfielder whilst I have a hole in my arse, or Rae who might have done better than Oli on occasions this year, but is nowhere near good enough).

Will Wildig be back, and has his stint in Scotland helped him - as again there were times when I just wanted soemone who would make tackles and get from end to end making simple passes which seems to be his game.

Re: I'd like to see a couple of young up and coming

Fri May 20, 2011 8:25 pm

Tim, I would love to see some young and up and coming players sign for us :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 8:42 pm

I thought Wildig looked our best midfielder on the odd occasion he played. Against Stoke he was our best player. Hopefully he can impress a new manager.

Fri May 20, 2011 9:10 pm

theres me thinking this thread was going to be about MILFs. :(

Fri May 20, 2011 9:25 pm

I agree with a few young uns, but maybe Paul Scholes for a season or possibly 2?

No better midfield general. Doesn't have to run about like an idiot, but reads the game well and can put a boot in when required.

Def worth a punt?