Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WHEN I THINK ABOUT IT "

Fri May 20, 2011 7:33 pm

DAVE JONES HAS LEFT US VIRTUALLY STRIPPED/NAKED, NO REAL ASSETS, SO THERES HIS ACHIEVEMENTS :evil:

ANY OTHER OPINIONS ON VALUES etc or Quality of our team now.

Chops worth £1.5 mill at most ?

Re: " WHEN I THINK ABOUT IT "

Fri May 20, 2011 7:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:DAVE JONES HAS LEFT US VIRTUALLY STRIPPED/NAKED, NO REAL ASSETS, SO THERES HIS ACHIEVEMENTS :evil:

Come on Annis be fair! You can't blame everything on DJ. It wasn't his choice to bring in players on loan-I'm sure he'd have loved to of bought most of them. It was a gamble the Malaysians took to get us up and it hasn't paid off. If/when(hopefully!) DJ leaves then surely few will argue that the club is in a miles better position than when he came in!?

Fri May 20, 2011 7:39 pm

But I thought that the owners wouldnt Buy /give contracts to players and that they just wanted to pay wages to them ?

Fri May 20, 2011 7:43 pm

stop thinkihg it could damage your health :lol:

Fri May 20, 2011 7:50 pm

ANDYBLUE wrote:stop thinkihg it could damage your health :lol:

Narr My Brain is fked anyway :D

Fri May 20, 2011 7:53 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:But I thought that the owners wouldnt Buy /give contracts to players and that they just wanted to pay wages to them ?

what we have to understand here in defence of the malaysians is that they thought and were promised that this squad of players would take us up.
they backed the manager with paying out money for loan signings and vincent tan personally bankrolled craig bellamys loan.
they again backed him in january when he asked for a few more players to strenghten the squad and also once again promised promotion.
In return jones brought in a complete crock of shit if we are honest and only the wenger loaning us ramsey stopped us going into freefall.
Going back to my original point if we had got promoted how many of these season's loan players would we want to see at the club.
so whilst i agree with annis that the club is down to its bare bones in quality i think this situation would have arisen if we had gone up anyway although we would have had the money to rebuild wheras we sit back and wait to see what happens over the next week.
personally i think the malaysians will go for it again but they have a task on their hands with trying to pacify the creditors who were expecting their debts to start being paid next month.
all of the above makes jones position untenable at the club so hopefully the weekend will bring matters to a head and he will be gone.

Fri May 20, 2011 8:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:DAVE JONES HAS LEFT US VIRTUALLY STRIPPED/NAKED, NO REAL ASSETS, SO THERES HIS ACHIEVEMENTS :evil:

When you think about it DJ knew that if he didn't deliver promotion this season he would be sacked, hence why he hasn't made any long term plans for the club by signing loan players and generally not giving a shit about our future (treating Matthews like shit, the irony is he was then deemed good enough to come on against Reading).

I've got a lot of respect for how far we have developed under Jones, but imo this has been his worst season with us.

Fri May 20, 2011 8:03 pm

We could only got loanees at the start of the year due to the embargo and it is always hard to get quality players in at a fair price in January so even though I don't think Jones made the best of it there are some circumstances to take into account.

Fri May 20, 2011 8:04 pm

At least he had a wealth of academy talent when he arrived. Yes he brought some cash in but where the feck has that actually gone. Getting concerned he is still here now. He has raped 7/8 thousand from the club in salary since tuesday night.

Fri May 20, 2011 9:24 pm

Although I think DJ has had his chance and time I don't think anyone can say that this has not been the most successful period in which pretty much all if not all of us have watched city.