Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Onwards and Upwards "

Fri May 20, 2011 6:44 pm

as we reach the end of a week where we could have had a playoff final to look forward to but havent,its definately time to pick ourselves up as many city fans have been doing for years due to many various dissapointments and be thankful for the things we are still left with and things that money or premiership status cant buy.the main one being the fact that cardiff city fans are the best in the world,we have unique characters,all have tales to tell from our time following city however long it may have been and the cammeraderie has always been and always will be second to none.we can boast of a beautiful city that rightly so is the capital of wales.we are blessed with pride and passion and a spirit of longsuffering which means however bad it gets we will still be there cheering on the boys,its in our blood,cardiff city chose us and its a life long commitment. if im honest the way things unfolded towards the end of the season in my heart of hearts i feared we wouldnt quite make it though still believed because wer good at believing the impossible as city fans,but of course was still bitterly dissapointed and wounded when my worst fears were confirmed. 2 years ago my dad who i go to every city game with was diagnosed with very advanced non hodgekinsons lymphoma and the future looked very bleak in fact i didnt think hed see the end of that season out,he is now making tremendous progress responded very well to treatment and we recently purchased next seasons season ticket in belief that he will see out another year and many more after.for me personally its not the end of the world that we didnt make the prem im just grateful il be watching city with my dad and the rest of you wonderful guys and girls. keep the faith one and all :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " Onwards and Upwards "

Fri May 20, 2011 6:52 pm

many a true word spoken there kent blue ,give my best to your dad see you both next season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 6:55 pm

good health to you both good post mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 6:56 pm

thanks guys :ayatollah: