Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bothroyd

Fri May 20, 2011 5:57 pm

Just sat here mulling over things and wondered how would people react to Bothroyd if for some reason he stayed with us this coming season. I know its not gonna happen but wondered after reading peoples posts.

any thoughts???

Re: Bothroyd

Fri May 20, 2011 6:03 pm

Id be gutted, want him gone

Fri May 20, 2011 6:07 pm

He has to go. :twisted: ...Since that England Cap he's been a different player, he can take Chopra and a few others with him too :twisted: ... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 6:08 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 6:08 pm

He is on a bad run of form.
I get the feeling there is much more to his slump than meets the eye. He is a class player and I truly hope he stays. :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 6:14 pm

A good manager may get hold of him and getting playing as a striker like he was early in the season, getting in to goalscoring positions and not spending most of his time out wide, deep getting the ball. If you look at some of the other options being talked about if we could get him to sign a new contract he would be one of the best free signings we've ever had.

Fri May 20, 2011 6:18 pm

Marc wrote:He has to go. :twisted: ...Since that England Cap he's been a different player, he can take Chopra and a few others with him too :twisted: ... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 6:20 pm

JonnieBlue wrote:Just sat here mulling over things and wondered how would people react to Bothroyd if for some reason he stayed with us this coming season. I know its not gonna happen but wondered after reading peoples posts.

any thoughts???

Sorry Jonnie, Read Carls update Sunday Jay is Def going and has known this for the last 2 months.

Fri May 20, 2011 6:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
JonnieBlue wrote:Just sat here mulling over things and wondered how would people react to Bothroyd if for some reason he stayed with us this coming season. I know its not gonna happen but wondered after reading peoples posts.

any thoughts???

Sorry Jonnie, Read Carls update Sunday Jay is Def going and has known this for the last 2 months.

as ive said i thin hes signed a pre contract just...hence why hes been playing as if he couldnt give a shit...well..lets face it he couldnt!!

Fri May 20, 2011 6:22 pm

I will support any player if they put on our shirt for those 90 mins. I am glad he's going though. He needs to for our sake and his!

Fri May 20, 2011 6:25 pm

Zabier wrote:I will support any player if they put on our shirt for those 90 mins. I am glad he's going though. He needs to for our sake and his!

Steve
Exactly the way I am and feel :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 7:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

any thoughts???

yeah I get that annis, was just wondering how people would feel if it didnt happen.. good riddance to the lazy tw*t.. I don't remember him getting a shot off against reading. new manager and a few new signings I'll be happy as most will :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 7:30 pm

I think Bothroyd is a great player, he has it all - pace, control, decent in the air, 1 hell of a shot on him. Unfortunately, this is only 100% true when he gives a sh!t. Any manager who can get this out of him long term could have a great player....just not sure any can!

Great shame he's such a tit coz he's got bundles of talent! :twisted:

Fri May 20, 2011 8:28 pm

Since his England cap he has been shyte.He has missed numerous easy chances and looks disinterested. For a tall player he is rubbish in the air and has the turning circle of the QE2. He can be a lazy player if the ball is not right at his feet and is reluctant to track back and tackle.I think him bottling out in that last aerial challenge with the Reading Goalkeeper sums him up.He also has an attitude problem and needlessly mouths off to the ref and picks up cards . There have been occasions when he has scored a good goal and played for the shirt but they have been a rarity since his England call up so let him go as in reality he is not as good as he thinks he is.

Fri May 20, 2011 8:49 pm

it would appear I agree with most on here..........goodbye Jay

Fri May 20, 2011 8:50 pm

It would meann no other Club wants him