Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So how did Dave Jones break his contract then

Fri May 20, 2011 5:49 pm

As was previously stated on here?

I know it's nothing to do with me but I'm still interested, as are many Cardiff fans I would imagine.

Re: So how did Dave Jones break his contract then

Fri May 20, 2011 5:52 pm

Turning his back on the media.

Fri May 20, 2011 6:02 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Turning his back on the media.

He held a press conference before and after every game. Granted he wouldn't speak to media wales but it doesn't seem very likely (at all!) that speaking to them would have been written into his contract :?

Fri May 20, 2011 6:33 pm

NJ73 wrote:

He held a press conference before and after every game. Granted he wouldn't speak to media wales but it doesn't seem very likely (at all!) that speaking to them would have been written into his contract :?

Jack, in his contract it states he has to meet and work etc with the Local media, for this whole season he has Banned everyone of them from any press conference .

Fri May 20, 2011 6:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

Jack, in his contract it states he has to meet and work etc with the Local media, for this whole season he has Banned everyone of them from any press conference .

Local media would include BBC Wales, Real Radio etc. He has dealt with these.

Fri May 20, 2011 6:40 pm

Local media would include BBC Wales, Real Radio etc. He has dealt with these.[/quote]

BUT BANNED THE WHOLE OF MEDIA WALES, WITHOUT A VALID REASON.

Fri May 20, 2011 6:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Local media would include BBC Wales, Real Radio etc. He has dealt with these.

BUT BANNED THE WHOLE OF MEDIA WALES, WITHOUT A VALID REASON.[/quote]

Indeed, so are you saying it was written into his contract that he had to speak to media wales? :?

Fri May 20, 2011 6:44 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Local media would include BBC Wales, Real Radio etc. He has dealt with these.

Indeed, so are you saying it was written into his contract that he had to speak to media wales? :?[/quote]

Lets just see how they get rid of him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 6:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

Indeed, so are you saying it was written into his contract that he had to speak to media wales? :?

Lets just see how they get rid of him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Sorry but that's a bit of a cop out response :lol:

Fri May 20, 2011 6:47 pm

No its Not, lets just wait and see, you concentrate on beating Reading.

Fri May 20, 2011 6:47 pm

I'd suspect there would be a more tangible reason, ie agent pimping his CV for other roles. After all, as a manager contracted to us, any approach made towards him without consent would be an illegal approach. And if he interviewed for any roles...

Fri May 20, 2011 6:48 pm

He also has it in his contract that he can never be sacked :lol:

Fri May 20, 2011 6:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:No its Not, lets just wait and see, you concentrate on beating Reading.

Not much I can do about us beating Reading or not. I'm just a fan!

Do you accept there is a chance you are wrong about this? Like Dave Jones selling his house for instance? :?

Fri May 20, 2011 6:52 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:No its Not, lets just wait and see, you concentrate on beating Reading.

Do you accept there is a chance you are wrong about this? Like Dave Jones selling his house for instance? :?

WAit and See on Both, All will be REVEALED VERY SOON and I HOPE YOU Apologise, when proved wrong on both accounts :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 6:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

WAit and See on Both, All will be REVEALED VERY SOON and I HOPE YOU Apologise, when proved wrong on both accounts :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If I am proved wrong I will. If I'm not I hope the threads won't be deleted :mrgreen:

Fri May 20, 2011 6:58 pm

If I am proved wrong I WILL COME OUT and SAY IT PUBLICLY UNLIKE DJ WOULD :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 7:04 pm

he's got a one year rolling contract as far as I'm aware.
The board should have given him 1 years notice to end the contract last year.
I posted the fact on here seems non of the board of directors read the message boards :D

Fri May 20, 2011 7:13 pm

The British based directors believed because of Dave Jones' defiance on speaking with the local press, that he had revoked his contract. Annis and I are certainly not solicitors or even the most educated on the subjects of the legal issues surrounding contracts but what we have done is pass on what we were told as a result of conversations we have been party too.

Fri May 20, 2011 7:16 pm

carlccfc wrote:The British based directors believed because of Dave Jones' defiance on speaking with the local press, that he had revoked his contract. Annis and I are certainly not solicitors or even the most educated on the subjects of the legal issues surrounding contracts but what we have done is pass on what we were told as a result of conversations we have been party too.

What about the notice on the rolling contract.
barnsley gave Robins notice on his and he resigned straight away.
Like I said they should have gave him notice last year

Fri May 20, 2011 7:18 pm

Jones has got them by the balls on the rolling contract. :mrgreen:

Fri May 20, 2011 9:48 pm

carlccfc wrote:The British based directors believed because of Dave Jones' defiance on speaking with the local press, that he had revoked his contract. Annis and I are certainly not solicitors or even the most educated on the subjects of the legal issues surrounding contracts but what we have done is pass on what we were told as a result of conversations we have been party too.

Carl

I am worried that you and Annis may be on sticky ground here and it might be best to delete reference to what you say you have been told.

You say that you have been party to conversations. If those conversations were with directors or shareholders of the club , surely there is a very real risk that you have created by announcing it on here because disclosure of the contents of a confidential employment contract by someone in authority at CCFC could be used by Dave Jones as evidence of a contract breach far greater than the claimed one of his by not speaking to one element of the local press? That could cost the club a lot of money in any contract settlement negotiations which I am sure is not what you intended.

If those conversations didn`t actually take place ,or were with someone not in a position of authority at the club ,or came from Sam or a disgruntled member of the local sports press then it severely reduces the authenticity of the claim of a breach by Dave Jones.

Keith

Fri May 20, 2011 9:49 pm

Carl, I would find it really pathetic IF the Board were to try and use that as an excuse to get rid of DJ....

Surely, if any of us had suffered the same constant personal (and team) criticism from a (Welsh) national newspaper we'd be reluctant to talk to them also?? To my mind, Mediawales were grossly unfair to club, manager and players....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: