Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ched Evans Anyone?

Fri May 20, 2011 3:33 pm

Had so much potential at Man City, I think Sheffield United just aren't the club for him.
Worth a punt as Sheffield United are relegated?
:ayatollah:

Re: Ched Evans Anyone?

Fri May 20, 2011 3:36 pm

Woody CCFC wrote:Had so much potential at Man City, I think Sheffield United just aren't the club for him.

He didn't want to come here last time, whats changed? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri May 20, 2011 3:37 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
Woody CCFC wrote:Had so much potential at Man City, I think Sheffield United just aren't the club for him.

He didn't want to come here last time, whats changed? :lol: :lol: :lol:

doesn't want to play league 1 football :lol:

Fri May 20, 2011 3:38 pm

Absolutely ! He's one of us as well (welsh), so that's an obvious plus.

Agree that he had and still has so much potential, what did Sheffield United spend on him, £3 million ?

The thing that does it for me is that when I went to the Wales-England game in March, when he came on he immediately looked more dangerous than a certain Steve Morison had all game !

Fri May 20, 2011 3:40 pm

They'll be wanting to recoup some of their £3m on him if he does go.

There were rumours up here a few weeks ago that he'd signed a pre-contract with Norwich but how much truth there is in that I can't be sure.

As for the player himself... I would, at this moment in time, say no thank you. Bear in mind that I've seen the vast majority of Sheffield Utd's home games first hand this season (work down the Lane) and I can tell you that if you don't like Bothroyd's laziness then Ched Evans is not the man for you.

That goes alongside the all too common talk of him regularly visiting the KFC on Eccy Road. Sounds a bit Chopra-esque.

No, I think he'd be more of the same to be quite honest.

Another point is the reason Sheffield United were relegated this season - it was the complete lack of goals. With Ched Evans, Daniel Bogdanovitch and Darius Henderson on the books it will have, and did, surprise everyone but the reality is that none of them put the required effort in. We don't need more wasters after the last two/three years.

Fri May 20, 2011 3:51 pm

@ Cwmann_Bluebird I totally disagree mate, Ched Evans is just another failed Championship bum, we need an experienced championship player, maybe someone like Pablo Counago or Tamas Priskin? Your thoughts?

Fri May 20, 2011 3:53 pm

cardiffforlife wrote:@ Cwmann_Bluebird I totally disagree mate, Ched Evans is just another failed Championship bum, we need an experienced championship player, maybe someone like Pablo Counago or Tamas Priskin? Your thoughts?

Couago defo no for me, Priskin is an interesting one for me though, thought highly at Watford, suffered under Keane, might be another Ched Evans? just older...

Fri May 20, 2011 3:57 pm

cardiffforlife wrote:@ Cwmann_Bluebird I totally disagree mate, Ched Evans is just another failed Championship bum, we need an experienced championship player, maybe someone like Pablo Counago or Tamas Priskin? Your thoughts?

We want to go up. I don't really understand why people are suggesting players who have floundered unsuccessfully in the Championship for the best part of 5 years. That's not aimed at you solely, I've seen loads of people do it.

We either need truly talented youngsters from anywhere or truly talented but passionate experienced players from the highest levels.

Fri May 20, 2011 3:58 pm

To be honest mate, having read:
DaveSheffield wrote:They'll be wanting to recoup some of their £3m on him if he does go.

There were rumours up here a few weeks ago that he'd signed a pre-contract with Norwich but how much truth there is in that I can't be sure.

As for the player himself... I would, at this moment in time, say no thank you. Bear in mind that I've seen the vast majority of Sheffield Utd's home games first hand this season (work down the Lane) and I can tell you that if you don't like Bothroyd's laziness then Ched Evans is not the man for you.

That goes alongside the all too common talk of him regularly visiting the KFC on Eccy Road. Sounds a bit Chopra-esque.

No, I think he'd be more of the same to be quite honest.

Another point is the reason Sheffield United were relegated this season - it was the complete lack of goals. With Ched Evans, Daniel Bogdanovitch and Darius Henderson on the books it will have, and did, surprise everyone but the reality is that none of them put the required effort in. We don't need more wasters after the last two/three years.

I've just about changed my mind strangely :lol:

Very interesting what Dave says about him though (and he must be pretty accurate) - if that's true, I'm surprised to say the least ! Thought he was a future star, having seen what he was doing for Wales in the younger age groups, especially in the under-21's !

And regarding your point about an experienced Championship player, I don't know too much about either, but isn't Priskin on loan at the Jacks ?

I'd be looking at someone like Danny Graham myself, a player that is proven in this league and somebody who was top scorer this season !

Even a lower-league striker would be worth gambling (if that is the right word) on, e.g Craig Mackail-Smith ? Apparently Norwich were interested a while ago.

Fri May 20, 2011 4:01 pm

@Cwmann_Bluebird, Priskin is back at Ipswich due to injury, I agree with you about Mackail-Smith he is a real asset, but if we could snap up someone like Borini under the noses of the scum it would be a major coup! :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 4:29 pm

Darius Henderson missed most of the season injured - if forced to pick one Sheff Utd guy to go for, it would be him. Skillful, massive handful for defenders.

Massive upgrade over Parkin.

Fri May 20, 2011 6:16 pm

Not for me he's shite

Fri May 20, 2011 10:46 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Not for me he's shite

that's that then

Fri May 20, 2011 10:52 pm

For me he struggles to have a position, not fast enough to play off the big man and to small to be the big man.